Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Post your Chinese Democracy promotion ideas here
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post your Chinese Democracy promotion ideas here  (Read 13347 times)
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2006, 02:57:11 PM »

I've already seen some promotion when I saw a poster at the entrance to Spencer's Gift Store with a new GNR concert pic and a contest for a signed guitar from GNR since they're artist of the month...
Steel_Angel
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2006, 03:00:08 PM »

... i dont know... tv commercials?...
Megaguns
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2006, 03:06:33 PM »

Billboards on all the major highways, Lets cause some accidents....
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2006, 03:11:06 PM »

Last night at my school I changed the background on one of the cafeteria computers to a "G&R Chinese Democracy Starts Now" thing

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2006, 03:15:01 PM »

there's absolutely nothing in the UK.

during the UK tour, there were a few adverts in magazines, and on tv. it just isnt enough.

a part of me doesnt care about the success of CD - i just wanna have it in my hands! but in the back of my mind i KNOW i shall be disappointed mainly for the band, for working so hard, if CD is a flop.

touring just isnt enough as far as pr is concerned. the majority of people who go are either fans or die hard fans. people outside of the fanbase and knowledge of the band line up need to know the deal.

releasing CD without a step up in their promotion is commercial suicide.

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Megaguns
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2006, 03:16:01 PM »

How bout, GnR CD computer virus, a global kinda thing.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2006, 03:17:17 PM »

Well, lets see:

- Whether the album comes out on the 14th or 21st of November I think a Saturday Night Live appearance on the 11th would help exposure a lot. Also, maybe Axl could do a skit. Hah, that'd be funny. If that date is already scheduled then they could just have Axl make a surprise appearance on 'Weekend Update'. That would rule. yes

- An HBO special where the band performs songs off Chinese Democracy and the other albums in an intimate and small environment and engages in small interviews would just be phenomenal. Kind of like the old 'VH1: Storytellers' show.

Now, my biggie:

-Imagine if the band randomly popped up out of nowhere in Manhattan on the day of the MSG show and performed songs on a trailer on their way to the venue. The fans would follow the band to Madison Square Garden but only those with tickets would actually be able to get it. This would cause pandemonium I think. hihi

Like my ideas?
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2006, 03:22:36 PM »

Well, lets see:

- Whether the album comes out on the 14th or 21st of November I think a Saturday Night Live appearance on the 11th would help exposure a lot. Also, maybe Axl could do a skit. Hah, that'd be funny. If that date is already scheduled then they could just have Axl make a surprise appearance on 'Weekend Update'. That would rule. yes

- An HBO special where the band performs songs off Chinese Democracy and the other albums in an intimate and small environment and engages in small interviews would just be phenomenal. Kind of like the old 'VH1: Storytellers' show.

Now, my biggie:

-Imagine if the band randomly popped up out of nowhere in Manhattan on the day of the MSG show and performed songs on a trailer on their way to the venue. The fans would follow the band to Madison Square Garden but only those with tickets would actually be able to get it. This would cause pandemonium I think. hihi

Like my ideas?

like the idea  ok myself and UKSUBS at mygnr had the idea of going to the major cities in the uK and putting up CD posters everywhere! hell i had time on my hands, he had money.... wouldve been cool if i werent so lazy and didnt wanna do someone elses job.

even tho the ideas are good, what about the UK? i really dont think the problem lies in america - they get a hell of a lot more exposure than the uk, not sure about the rest of europe but in the UK no one knows what the hell is going on with gnr. its a really scary situation if they continue this no-pr thing.

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2006, 03:33:08 PM »

Last night at my school I changed the background on one of the cafeteria computers to a "G&R Chinese Democracy Starts Now" thing

That should sell about 1 million copies!!!   ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2006, 04:14:47 PM »

It's kinda scary we don't see anything yet...  do you think they're saving up all the advertisments until after the release date is officially announced???
Cherona
Opening Act

Can I get an F YEAH?

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2006, 04:16:17 PM »

They should do what Rage Against The Machine did and randomly turn up in NY or anywhere, block off a street and just start playing.  Anounce the gig an hour ebfore on the site and just do it. RATM did it on Wall Street and trading had o finish early that day.  Needless to say, a riot ensued  Cool

-Syth  Grin

Cream '05
Europe '05
Guns N' Roses '06
Cropredy '07
Dream Theater '07
Pendulum '08
Eagles '09
Download '10
British Sea Power '10
Guns N' Roses '10
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2006, 04:20:08 PM »

They should do what Rage Against The Machine did and randomly turn up in NY or anywhere, block off a street and just start playing.  Anounce the gig an hour ebfore on the site and just do it. RATM did it on Wall Street and trading had o finish early that day.  Needless to say, a riot ensued  Cool

-Syth  Grin

I'm ready!!! 

I actually think it would be amazing if they did SNL, plus they could use the ratings from what I hear. 
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2006, 04:08:48 PM »

i hope they wait with the huge tv-commercials thing, i mean, let the fans and the music interested people get the album first and THEN whore it out to everyone else.

if they do tv-commercials too early people will hate it just because it's huge etc.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2006, 04:13:43 PM »

Full band signings at Tower in Hollywood and New York, soem tv promotions(good ones htouhg), not just ever morning show like def leppard does, tv ads, rolling stone, guitar world, mojo and classic rock covers(+ others), deals at music stores where you pre order the album, you get a poster, patch, bonus disc or whatever else they can come up with. All the good shit.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »

I hope the music will speak for itself. This is the best promotion...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2006, 04:24:39 PM »

An awesome performance at the 2006 VMA's accompanied at the end with a CD release date announcement (oh wait, they blew that opportunity didn't they).

A heavy, catchy, ass-kicking single on the radio/video on MTV.

TV spots during sporting events.

A REAL Behind the Music documentary where Axl tells his side of the story instead of that shit-stain bash fest we sat through before.

Tonight/Late show appearances.

Howard Stern show appearance.

Rolling Stone interview.

Oh yeah, and release the album.? That would help.

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2006, 04:29:26 PM »

c'mon, be a little bit realistic. take a look at MTV... lots of successful music which sounds like shit. without promotion even gnr can't sell millions.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2006, 04:45:41 PM »

c'mon, be a little bit realistic. take a look at MTV... lots of successful music which sounds like shit. without promotion even gnr can't sell millions.

Norah Jones sold 30 million records between 2002 and 2005? without almost any promotion (at least no MTV shit etc...)
Her music was quality. That was her best promotion.
Now I believe GN'R need a heavy promotion too, but at the end of the day, the music will be the steack...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 07:20:28 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2006, 06:06:17 PM »

Also, don't forget...promotion on myspace.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2006, 07:27:39 PM »

good ideas but i dont think they had the opportunity to play the VMAs, who knows if they were even asked?
Axl could have said the release date, but unfortunately he didn't.

An awesome performance at the 2006 VMA's accompanied at the end with a CD release date announcement (oh wait, they blew that opportunity didn't they).

A heavy, catchy, ass-kicking single on the radio/video on MTV.

TV spots during sporting events.

A REAL Behind the Music documentary where Axl tells his side of the story instead of that shit-stain bash fest we sat through before.

Tonight/Late show appearances.

Howard Stern show appearance.

Rolling Stone interview.

Oh yeah, and release the album.  That would help.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: