Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Post your Chinese Democracy promotion ideas here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post your Chinese Democracy promotion ideas here  (Read 13417 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2006, 09:31:16 PM »

It's not Axls job to worry with the comertial strategy, and I dont think he cares if album sells or doesnt sell.

I think most artists would like to have some kind of input on how their recently released material is marketed.

/jarmo

I dont think that even Goebbels could help them get some good publicity hihi
after all.
this is the band that has only one original member in it. no
it changed 15 guitar players.? Undecided
it caused 2 riots. Cry
hasnt releaseased an album in 10 years. crying
hasnt given 1 interview in 5 years. rant
has had more bad press than george bush love

also, this tour alone sold about 35 million $ in tickets. and that's in 3 months. there's no way chinese democracy would earn him as much.

P.S. and if Axl had an imput, it would take 15 years to develope the marketing strategy drool

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 09:46:10 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2006, 02:06:19 PM »

Again, just a thought, so no-one jump on me over this:

The WWE has something like 20 pay per view events every month, and they always use a current modern rock single as the theme song.

I think it would be GREAT publicity if Axl licensed the first single from Democracy to the WWE to use as a PPV theme song when the album is ready to be released.

Thoughts?

Guns were supposed to play at Wrestlemania 20 and were invited to wrestlemania 19, i read it on i think prowrestling.com back when i used to like wrestling. then it started to stuck.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
NorthwindNS
Headliner

I don't need your civil war.

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2006, 12:05:09 AM »

How about a pre-sale for the entire album (not just a single like another member mention....)

ALSO! Wouldn't it be sweet if the entire band HAND SIGNED every 1,000th Album - it would be like WIlly WOnka and the Golden Ticket. Whoever gets the 1,000th album would, well, obviouslt be ecstatic, but also would get an all inclusive paid trip w/ flight to see GNR play at one of their final shows in CA - then go backstage.

Maybe unrealistic but fucking cool. drool

An "It's so easy" to be social
"It's so easy" to be cool
Yeah it's easy to be hungry
When you ain't got shit to lose
Chief
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2006, 12:21:19 AM »

i would only preorder if i could get it before the actual release date but ive never seen that happen so...in that case i'd preorder if there was a bonus disc or dvd or something..

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2006, 01:11:44 AM »

I was going through the Street Team thread and couldn't help but wonder what do I do in order to promote Chinese Democracy.

We all want this album to be a huge success, and I know it's GnR, everyone knows them... blah, blah...
But they're making a comeback and they could use all the help they can get. I think we can do more than wait for the cd to come.

I already had my friends listening to the leaks and let me tell you, 'Better' is pretty catchy.  Grin

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2006, 01:19:30 AM »

I love your Willy Wonka concept. That could actually work.  Grin
Wolfpac
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2006, 01:28:24 AM »

The best thing is word of mouth. If you like it then just tell everybody you can/know about it. I, on the other hand, feel the new leaks/demos suck monkey balls so I won't be promoting the album at all among my friends and colleagues.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2006, 02:40:09 AM »

If they need a gimmick like that to sell cds, they're in trouble.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2006, 04:48:38 AM »

Lots of bands do where if you preorder a cd from a website (like towerrecords.com or whatever) you get an autographed copy... Powerman 5000 just did it with their last cd.

IMO Gn'R doesn't need to do any of that though, and I'm sure they don't want to.

The cd will come out on the day it's suppose to come out, and there might be a special edition of it.  Who knows, I wouldn't bank on too many special things happening though.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2006, 06:13:07 AM »

What they need to do is do an instore appearence at the Tower Records in the East Village of NYC. I went to the one that the New York Dolls did, and I've seen pics of Madonna's and that was friggin' HUGE, there were baracades and papparazi...it was nuts.

But that's what they need to do. Do an instore, sign autographs for the fans who were there for the in store (not just people on the street) and get exposure that way.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2006, 06:33:36 AM »

But that's what they need to do. Do an instore, sign autographs for the fans

If they don't do that, and it makes no difference to album and ticket sales, will you still insist that they need to do it?

I really don't see Axl Motherfucking Rose sitting at a fold-up table with a paper cup of gatorade, signing merchandise shoved in front of him by sweaty fanboys for six hours (sweaty supermodels, maybe.) hihi
To be honest, I can't even imagine Chris Pittman doing that.
NorthwindNS
Headliner

I don't need your civil war.

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2006, 07:41:36 AM »

If they need a gimmick like that to sell cds, they're in trouble.
Right on.

An "It's so easy" to be social
"It's so easy" to be cool
Yeah it's easy to be hungry
When you ain't got shit to lose
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2006, 08:52:55 AM »

But that's what they need to do. Do an instore, sign autographs for the fans

If they don't do that, and it makes no difference to album and ticket sales, will you still insist that they need to do it?

I really don't see Axl Motherfucking Rose sitting at a fold-up table with a paper cup of gatorade, signing merchandise shoved in front of him by sweaty fanboys for six hours (sweaty supermodels, maybe.) hihi
To be honest, I can't even imagine Chris Pittman doing that.

I don't insist they NEED to do it, I think it would be a cool thing for them to do. Of course it won't make a difference in album and ticket sales...it's just a nice thing to do for fans. What's your idea for promotion?

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2006, 08:56:20 AM »

Just make like the Madonna crew. She is promoted very, very well. When her last album was released last year (confession on a dancefloor) she was everywhere on high rotation.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 09:00:29 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
madagas
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2006, 09:29:05 AM »

That's right Nesquick, be a sellout pop star.....fits Axl and Guns N' Roses perfectly.. ok  Roll Eyes
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2006, 09:44:37 AM »

That's right Nesquick, be a sellout pop star.....fits Axl and Guns N' Roses perfectly.. ok? Roll Eyes

Because a band/an artist is heavily promoted so they are "sellout"?
So I guess GN'R 87-93 erea were "sellout" as well for you right? The Beattles, The Stones, Michael Jackson etc.... sellout as well Roll Eyes

oh and BTW, leave me alone now, everytime I post you come and complain and this and that, go away. Live your life.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 09:47:47 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
madagas
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2006, 09:58:25 AM »

Well, I disagree with just about everything you say. Undecided You post a comment/opinion and I'll post mine. Yes, the Stones now are a sellout. Michael Jackson is the King of Selling Out. If you can't take people disagreeing with you, then don't post. Kiss
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2006, 10:10:39 AM »

Well the new website was a good start.  Street teams too.  But I would like to see TV ads to promote cd, an interview in Rolling Stone, maybe a TV appearence, and someone like Kurt Loder to do an interview with Axl.  I think if they come back huge in the US, a dateline interview wouldn't hurt.  Of course various members doing radio interviews.  Also release each single commercialy here in the US.  Not just radio singles.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2006, 11:59:51 PM »

yea i got some of my friends into guns and one of them is really into november rain

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2006, 02:56:12 PM »

Nov. 21st or not... I think most can agree that we should be seeing this album soon. 

What kind of promotion do you expect to see??  Low key, normal album promotion  or something more like a parade with sky writing?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: