Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Excitement/ GNR 'Late Show' Dream
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Excitement/ GNR 'Late Show' Dream  (Read 1525 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« on: October 23, 2006, 11:08:34 PM »

I had a dream last night that GNR was on The Late Show. The whole show was devoted to them, just like Conan did with U2 a few months ago. GNR sang 'Better' and 'The Blues' along with 'WTTJ,' 'Paradise City,' and 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door.' Axl also gave out the release date during the show, but it's like my TV screwed up at that point and I couldn't hear him clearly. Figues ...  Roll Eyes

How excited are you guys getting now that Chinese Democracy is on the verge of coming out? I mean, it should only be like a month or so before it's released. It's all I can think about these days. I wish I had one of those universal remotes like Adam Sandler in Click just so I could fast-forward to the release date. I like a lot of different bands, even some of the newer bands like The Killers and whatnot, but GNR music is like from a whole different universe for me. Axl transcends everything I've ever heard. So the thought of having new GNR music in my posession, playing on my stereo, is like a fantasy dream come true. Also, since I was too young to remember the early 90's, I'm really looking forward to actually being a part of GNR's return and hearing new songs on the radio and hopefully seeing them on TV, performing on various shows and whatnot.

Maybe this means I don't have a life, or either not a lot has happened to me in my 19 years, but I can only think of maybe one other instance in my life where I've been more excited and looking forward to something more than I am the release of Chinese Democracy.

Here Today . . .
ben9785
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:22:18 PM »

Okay please don't take this personally, this doesn't reflect my own thoughts but you're gonna get a whole lot of people here complaining that this is a useless post or whatever shit like that..

It sounds like a good dream to have though, . You know what it's not a bad idea either, the day the album comes out, or shortly following the albums release, to have a show like that or similar completely dedicated to GNR, or maybe 24 hours of Guns N Roses on MTV or something like they had with the Foo Fighters when they released "In Your Honor" (p.s. please keep your criticism of the foo fighters away, i'm just giving you an example of what they can do).. And it would work pretty well; they can show video clips, live performances, various interview footage, tributes from other bands, and then it could all build up to a live set by the band at the end of the show doing a whole bunch of new songs or something..

For me it is definitely a pretty big deal that the album may come out.. Hey, I'm 21 years old, I know how you feel, I'm the same it's been a big part of my life as well, I remember it was one of the first things I ever looked up when I first used the Internet back in 1997.. and then when "End of Days" came out..and then the VMA performance..al l leading up to this.. Imagine though..some people may have got married, people might have had kids, people have finished school, people have finished college, and after all these years and things that have happened in life, finally the album might come out, and its pretty surreal
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 11:27:17 PM »

Some of you seriously  need to get laid .   Buy a hooker if you need to  but get fuckin laid  ASAP.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 11:36:51 PM »

Yeah, Ben, I know people will roll their eyes and say this thread is pointless and useless, and it'll probably get deleted, but whatever, I don't really care. I just wanted to share my excitement over the soon-to-be-released Chinese Democracy. I mean, it's pretty much official that 'Better' is the first single, the CD should be out at the end of November .... we've been waiting for this for so freaking long, and now it's finally here! Chinese Democracy is about to start!!! Many people said this day would never even come. And about the dream, I mean, who knows ... maybe it's a premonition.

And to you, Swingtrader... If I was given the option of having sex with Jennifer Lopez and 50 of her clones or of listening to Chinese Democracy, I would choose Chinese Democracy every time. Although the best scenario would be getting laid WHILE listening to Chinese Democracy. Now we're talking about dreams coming true ....

Here Today . . .
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:42:36 PM »

Now were talking about GNR dreams?

I drempt Axl bought me a $10,000 hooker, her name was Jennifer Aniston. That was a good dream.  hihi

PS- Brad, WTF were you thinking dude?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 11:43:15 PM »

No one should be flamed for being excited about GNR and the things currently happening with this band.

That would be awesome if they did a show like U2 did on Conan, would be great to watch and great for publicity.

It's nice to read about people being excited instead of reading negativity all the time and useless speculation.

Enjoy the ride, really fun time to be a GNR fan, I never thought they would come back this hard but they are! beer
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 11:48:02 PM »

Not where I usually post...? but,

great thread, refreshing =)

You're right, I graduated high school, graduated college, got my first fulltime job... went through 2 and a half girlfriends...? all the time "I wonder if it will happen" to "Heck, who knows if it will?".? The last time Axl toured I was a freshman in college, now I'm a few months out.? YOU? BET YOUR BUTT I GOT TICKETS THIS TIME AND I'M TAKING OFF WORK TO DO IT! =)

It's going to be a bit delayed, but Chinese Democracy will be a kind of musical therapy for me, you know, the songs I *should have* put on repeat when I was going through most of my teenage years and my first hearbreaks Wink.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 12:18:50 AM by Gagarin » Logged
ben9785
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 12:28:24 AM »

Yeah that's it. And regarding that comment posted before no its not about getting laid or having no life or anything.. what I meant was that so much has happened in life all the years he's been working on the album, people finished school, people finished college, people got married, people had kids etc... and finally after 10 years or something it might really be happening now. I share your excitement gilee. It's a great time to be a guns n roses fan..now.. I hope. And yes hopefully it will make up for 10 all the years without some great inspiring new music..think of all the trends that have come and gone..grunge, nu metal, hip hop/rap, new wave of american metal, hardcore, emo, garage rock,... and yeah... I hope..GNR will really be back, with new music, and shake things up
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 10:47:48 AM »

Okay please don't take this personally, this doesn't reflect my own thoughts but you're gonna get a whole lot of people here complaining that this is a useless post or whatever shit like that..

It sounds like a good dream to have though, . You know what it's not a bad idea either, the day the album comes out, or shortly following the albums release, to have a show like that or similar completely dedicated to GNR, or maybe 24 hours of Guns N Roses on MTV or something like they had with the Foo Fighters when they released "In Your Honor" (p.s. please keep your criticism of the foo fighters away, i'm just giving you an example of what they can do).. And it would work pretty well; they can show video clips, live performances, various interview footage, tributes from other bands, and then it could all build up to a live set by the band at the end of the show doing a whole bunch of new songs or something..

For me it is definitely a pretty big deal that the album may come out.. Hey, I'm 21 years old, I know how you feel, I'm the same it's been a big part of my life as well, I remember it was one of the first things I ever looked up when I first used the Internet back in 1997.. and then when "End of Days" came out..and then the VMA performance..al l leading up to this.. Imagine though..some people may have got married, people might have had kids, people have finished school, people have finished college, and after all these years and things that have happened in life, finally the album might come out, and its pretty surreal

I started and finished High School since the last GNR album was released.  I've worked 7 jobs since the last GNR album was released.  I've bought a house, took in a beautiful woman with 2 children - and had one of our own together, since the last GNR album was released.

It's been a long time coming.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 11:51:17 AM »

Some of you seriously? need to get laid .? ?Buy a hooker if you need to? but get fuckin laid? ASAP.
I get laid...and I'm still as bad as this guy... hihi

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: