Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Banned
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Banned  (Read 10477 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 05:14:53 PM »

Russian Roulette, check your pm! ok

Well, once we get the official news from the band first HERE because of Jarmo/Merck, I wonder if those people will still bitch about everything. Roll Eyes

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 05:15:12 PM »

That's not my point.

The reason mods didn't let people distribute the leaks was due to the fact that Merck ASKED them not to. If he hadn't, no one would have cared.

Merck asked Jarmo not to let people discuss the Better HD ad. Merck did not ask other forums because they do not have as close a connection with management as Jarmo does.

If Jarmo did not do as Merck asks, wouldn't it be as bad as disobeying ANYTHING Merck says? We may as well start passing the leaks on the open forum.

Blame Merck, not Jarmo/mods.

Off course Merck is the main guy to blame, but that's really insignificant. People aren't really pissed of at any person, they're pissed of that they can't discuss things that are important to them and things that are both naive to try and cencor and does not present any danger to the band business or otherwise.

None of us have a clue as to what these articles and ads mean in the grand scope of the advertisement campaign. ?If it was as trivial as many make it out to be, don't you think they'd save their breath. ?Something big is about to happen and this stuff coming out early can hinder that. ?
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »

Merck asked all the forums to not allow the leaks to be spread and all the forums abided by it. People at MyGNR are calling us "pussies" for obeying Merck, but if I recall the mods there STILL don't let the leaks be spread, so what the hell?

That's cheap. Surely you see the difference between distributing copyright material and discussing public articles.

That's not my point.

The reason mods didn't let people distribute the leaks was due to the fact that Merck ASKED them not to. If he hadn't, no one would have cared.

Merck asked Jarmo not to let people discuss the Better HD ad. Merck did not ask other forums because they do not have as close a connection with management as Jarmo does.

If Jarmo did not do as Merck asks, wouldn't it be as bad as disobeying ANYTHING Merck says? We may as well start passing the leaks on the open forum.

I understand the censoring of threads with link to leaked songs if they are downloadable but removing a thread with a link to a radio show that plays the leaked songs I do not, I know, I know, technology is so advanced these days that there are means to record the stream but still.

Also I don't know for sure but I don't think Sanctuary pays for the server and stuff of other GNR sites, I don't even know if they do it anymore for this site, probably.

But still, I like this site because it's well desinged and organized plus the people here are quite intelligent and funny.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 05:17:10 PM »

Oh, I'm a journalist too. But, unlike you, I know that we should respect and preserve our sources. Also, there's the ethic about running a site devoted for a subject and jarmo seems to be the right guy to do it. I don't think you can understand that because, well, all you did was crying like a baby and dissing the guy - now THAT's pathetic.

Also, if you like so much cd.com, where you can diss anyone without being censored, have fun there! ok

What publication do you write for?

I'm studying journalism as a major.

Anywho, this guy at least has posted observations in a more acceptable manner than some of the past, i.e. the "LOL THIS SUX" stuff. But it's still pretty lame.

Jarmo has connections with management - so what?

Merck asked all the forums to not allow the leaks to be spread and all the forums abided by it. People at MyGNR are calling us "pussies" for obeying Merck, but if I recall the mods there STILL don't let the leaks be spread, so what the hell?

You're just pissed because you got banned from mygnr after less than 30 posts.

AR

I had an account on MyGNR for over a year, friend.? Huh

OH REALLY? ?iss that right now...?

Because this seems to say different http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=82169&hl=russian+roulette

it also shows that not all rumores start everywhere.

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 05:17:25 PM »

That's not my point.

Off course Merck is the main guy to blame, but that's really insignificant. People aren't really pissed of at any person, they're pissed of that they can't discuss things that are important to them and things that are both naive to try and cencor and does not present any danger to the band business or otherwise.

But you have to understand - if Merck personally asked Jarmo not to let anyone discuss it - regardless of WHY - and Jarmo did not do as Merck asked him, then Merck would not trust Jarmo anymore and would probably cut ties. Right now HTGTH is the closest we have to an "official" forum and at least from what I've gathered from other sources, Jarmo is given information before many other people and he also knew a lot about the leaks when they happened that no one else knew. (Maybe this isn't correct, but a person with ties to the band told me Jarmo is closer to management than any other forum moderator and knew about this stuff because of Merck.)

So if he doesn't listen to Merck, he's ruining chances for all of us in the future of getting news and updates and special deals like the "presales" and stuff.

It's not Jarmo's fault, it's Merck's fault.

But I assume there IS a reason for this - we've just got to have patience.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 05:19:26 PM »

Oh, I'm a journalist too. But, unlike you, I know that we should respect and preserve our sources. Also, there's the ethic about running a site devoted for a subject and jarmo seems to be the right guy to do it. I don't think you can understand that because, well, all you did was crying like a baby and dissing the guy - now THAT's pathetic.

Also, if you like so much cd.com, where you can diss anyone without being censored, have fun there! ok

What publication do you write for?

I'm studying journalism as a major.

Anywho, this guy at least has posted observations in a more acceptable manner than some of the past, i.e. the "LOL THIS SUX" stuff. But it's still pretty lame.

Jarmo has connections with management - so what?

You're just pissed because you got banned from mygnr after less than 30 posts.

AR

I had an account on MyGNR for over a year, friend.  Huh

OH REALLY?  iss that right now...?

Because this seems to say different http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=82169&hl=russian+roulette

it also shows that not all rumores start everywhere.

AR

Check your PMs, sonny boy.

That wasn't why I was banned.  ok

I unregistered there last year because of personal reasons. I had been in pretty good standing, I had received a warning or two but nothing major. I was there over a year. Then I left for a few months, because there were personal things going on in my private life and I felt I was spending too much time online and I didn't want my real name as my username anymore. Then I came back for RIR5 and the mods didn't know it was me. I posted something negative about Finck after RIR5 which was a bit too mean-spirited (even though I was also praising other aspects of the show) and when they read my post they figured I was trying to upset fans and banned me. They told me after the ban that if they had known who I was, they would not have banned me. However, once a ban happens, it's permanent.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:21:58 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 05:22:59 PM »

I'm a journalist

Well hello Mr. Journalist.

I'm a geek and the way I see it, you're just another clueless individual.

And that's pretty ironic that a band that was originally based on pure fucking rebellion and giving the finger to the establishment now has a guy running a site who won't allow people to discuss topics freely.

We just gave a major publication the finger by not giving their article publicity.

It's the other side of the coin you see... You can see things more than one way.

Maybe as a journalist you should try it.

By the way, GN'R is a band that does things their way, instead of doing what others told them to, that's what I'm doing too. I don't need you to tell me what I should do.

Also, I have another suggestion for you, look up fact checking! ?ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 06:20:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 05:26:50 PM »

I get the feeling RS wasn't supposed to publish that article.

And that's all I'm going to say since I don't want to start crossing the line and begin talking about it, but it's just another possibility for people to think about before slamming Jarmo and HTGTH. Perhaps - and this is just a guess - RS was not supposed to print that (yet) and they did.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 05:31:26 PM »

Well, once we get the official news from the band first HERE because of Jarmo/Merck, I wonder if those people will still bitch about everything. Roll Eyes

I suspect that after this happens there will be a lot of "pulling foot out of mouth" comments and threads here as well.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 05:34:33 PM »

I'm a journalist

Well hello Mr. Journalist.

I'm a geek and the way I see it, you're just another clueless individual.

And that's pretty ironic that a band that was originally based on pure fucking rebellion and giving the finger to the establishment now has a guy running a site who won't allow people to discuss topics freely.

We just gave a major publication the finger but not giving their article publicity.

It's the other side of the coin you see... You can see things more than one way.

Maybe as a journalist you should try it.

Also, I have another suggestion for you, look up fact checking!  ok

/jarmo
Shouldn't it be

We just gave a major publication the finger by not giving their article publicity. (Just spell checking Jarmo) hihi

Yeah! The Jedi way, there are more sides in truth than only one.

Couple of years ago when Bumblefoot said he is the new guitarist, the guns made a press release about him lying and stuff, now if this was the truth do you think Bumblefoot would be in the band now? There are more in things that meets the eye

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

I suspect that after this happens there will be a lot of "pulling foot out of mouth" comments and threads here as well.

I imagine that might be the main goal of Jarmo, but do you honestly think that the official word will first come to an internet forum?

Seriously?

Don't lie

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 05:38:04 PM »

I imagine that might be the main goal of Jarmo, but do you honestly think that the official word will first come to an internet forum?

Seriously?

Don't lie

AR

I think there is something being planned right now.

This isn't all happening for no reason.

The show wasn't pushed ahead for no reason.

We haven't been instructed to keep quiet about this stuff for no reason.

I think tonight may reveal something, and I think HTGTH may get advance word on certain aspects of the album and/or its promotion.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 06:36:36 PM »

I'm a journalist and Jarmo is what we call in the business a "flack" or a "pr man." He is basically a hired geek for Gn'R management who does their bidding to get some sugar at the end. It's his choice so what the hell. I've been checking this site out for years but now I only rarely check it. The whole idea of not allowing people to talk about a fucking magazine article is the worst and most infantile form of censorship. And the fact that he goes along with the request proves that he is more interested in keeping his lips firmly wrapped around his GNR sugar daddy then looking out for the interest of the board members.
And so now I will be told to fuck off and go to another board and blah, blah, blah because the majority of people on this site are sheep.
I don't give a fuck what his reasons are (and yeah I know I can go elsewhere) but the idea that he is OK with this and that so many people on this site are OK with this is is pathetic.
Everybody should go to chinesedemocracy.com where people are allowed to talk about anything that strikes their mind.
And in the spirit of what GNR was originally based on, tell that knee-draggin' pigfucker Jarmo to take his locked topics and shove them right up his tight ass.

I was going to post this in another topic about us being censored but surpirse surprise, it was locked.

That was my thread, you just spoke my every thought. ?It's ironic as as well, i'm a media studies student so journalism is one of my most predominant fields.

Wonderful post!!!

I hope you get to see this before this thread gets deleted

AR

Isn't 16 posts a little young to be bitching at the admin?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 06:46:36 PM »

Feel free to blame me. You can call me any name you like. I don't give a flying fuck.

As Jarmo said, it's called RESPECT. Not ass kissing...

You can call us all kinds of names. In the end of the day you will be the loser...

This forum has survived all kinds of shit. Trust me, we can survive a few doubters...

You can leave now and never come back. I mean, after all, it's just a fuckin button, press the damn thing...

And that goes for ALL you punks in the press... You know the rest...

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2006, 06:50:19 PM »

Feel free to blame me. You can call me any name you like. I don't give a flying fuck.

You can call us all kinds of names. In the end of the day you will be the loser...

This forum has survived all kinds of shit. Trust me, we can survive a few doubters...

You can leave now and never come back. I mean, after all, it's just a fuckin button, press the damn thing...

Uh, why are you quoting me in a manner in which it would imply I was "dissing" the forum?

That's exactly what my point was - it's a matter of respect. If Merck asked you guys not to let people on the forum discuss this topic, it's not a matter of "being a pussy" - it's a matter of respecting his wishes and doing as he asks. So I completely agree with you, and I'm not saying this to "kiss ass," and I object to you implying that this is what I am doing. I said from the first day when this topic was banned from discussion that there was a reason Merck didn't want us talking about us, and that patience always pays off in the end, and I still believe that.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 06:52:06 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 06:51:12 PM »

Uh, why are you quoting me in a manner in which it would imply I was "dissing" the forum?

That's exactly what my point was - it's a matter of respect. If Merck asked you guys not to let people on the forum discuss this topic, it's not a matter of "being a pussy" - it's a matter of respecting his wishes and doing as he asks.

I didn't quote you like that. I just used you and then I dumped you.  Tongue

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 06:52:58 PM »

That's exactly what my point was - it's a matter of respect. If Merck asked you guys not to let people on the forum discuss this topic, it's not a matter of "being a pussy" - it's a matter of respecting his wishes and doing as he asks.

You could have at least paid me the standard rate, you know. We don't live off of the pleasure. You didn't even leave me anything on the dresser on your way out.  Cry
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »

You could have at least paid me the standard rate, you know. We don't live off of the pleasure. You didn't even leave me anything on the dresser on your way out.  Cry

What can I say...

I'm a cold heartbreaker fit to burn
and I'll rip your heart in 2
And I'll leave you lyin on the bed
with no money left...

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2006, 06:56:32 PM »

What can I say...

I'm a cold heartbreaker fit to burn
and I'll rip your heart in 2
And I'll leave you lyin on the bed
with no money left...

And here I thought you were about to sing Sweet Child O' Mine to me.  Cry
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 05:18:49 AM »

That is not completely true actually. I was the only mod online the day the first link to a leak appeared, and it was my own choice to delete it because I felt it wasn't right to spread future official material through this board. This went on for a while and, if I remember correctly, it was only after a few days that we were specifically told not to let the links spread. Even if we had received no instructions, I'm pretty sure we would have carried on the same way, simply out of respect for the band.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: