Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:33:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who gets Chinese Democracy first?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who gets Chinese Democracy first?  (Read 8754 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2006, 08:49:46 PM »

I think the only thing edited about AFD at Wal-Mart is the booklet. I bought my first copy from there when I first got into GN'R, and there's no booklet whatsoever. Just the front and back covers, and the inside has the GN'R logo on one side and the band photo on the other.

I'm gonna say that all Walmarts do their own thing.? I got mine at the smallest Walmart in North America, and it has all the lyrics and has that original cover picture on the inside of the jacket.

I would tend to believe you.  This Walmart argument is getting kind of silly at this point. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2006, 09:12:46 PM »

There are a lot of members here from Europe, Canada, the States and beyond.  I can't believe some here will have CD in hand while the rest of us wait, but that may just be reality.  How does the release/distribution work?

When did this become a weird Walmart thread?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2006, 09:21:55 PM »

I hate them too. I also hate the people who shop there. No offense to Wal-Mart shoppers.
None taken.  Tongue
Everyone hates Wal*Mart. But you can't get Swiss~Miss cocoa for 83 cents a box anywhere else. If it's a choice between me being broke and a bunch of people stupid enough to work at walmart being broke, then to hell with compassion.

I went there today actually. Did a quick check; No explicit cds at my new local store. They had "edited", "amended," and "clean" cds. Except for GNR Greatest Hits. That cd had a more interesting sticker on it; "This album has been edited by the label. . . [blah blah blah]" Has anyone else seen this on GNR cds (and been thoroughly disgusted)?
Also, "Use Your Illusion, The Best Of" is the most ridiculous thing I've  seen. . .  today.
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2006, 09:22:41 PM »

There are a lot of members here from Europe, Canada, the States and beyond.  I can't believe some here will have CD in hand while the rest of us wait, but that may just be reality.  How does the release/distribution work?

When did this become a weird Walmart thread?
When we began discussing release date midnight purchase strategies :p
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2006, 09:36:42 PM »

I've always received my cds almost 2 days before the US.
New Zealand releases albums on mondays. We are also the first country in the world to see the sun and are 21 hours ahead of the time in LA.

Looks like I will have my copy of Chinese Democracy 45 hours before you Yanks.  hihi  smoking  peace

Yeah, for 45 hours you are going to be king. Except for after the first hour once it's been uploaded to torrents and P2P programs worldwide. Then everyone will have access to it. And of course that's not counting all the US fans who will purchase it online and get it delivered in the mail the same day as you once they order from a New Zealand overnight company. But man, that first hour for you is gonna be sweet. Congratulations.
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2006, 09:42:41 PM »

I've always received my cds almost 2 days before the US.
New Zealand releases albums on mondays. We are also the first country in the world to see the sun and are 21 hours ahead of the time in LA.

Yeah, you'll have it before us. Unless it's released on a monday worldwide, except for the Oceanic areas receiving their release a day later to avoid online bootlegging. Wouldn't that be funny? Yes.

Oceania? Australasia? I have no  idea.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2006, 10:25:44 PM »

Jarmo gets CD first
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2006, 10:27:18 PM »

Jarmo gets CD first

Whos says he doesn't already have it?  hihi

He did a good job holding back that news.. so.. they rewarded him. lol. Kiddin Jarmo

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: