Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:16:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who gets Chinese Democracy first?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who gets Chinese Democracy first?  (Read 8752 times)
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »

I have NEVER bought an edited CD from Wal Mart.
Hell, I even bought Pearl Jam's Live On Two Legs there, and that has "Fuckin Up" written clearly in the track listing. I used to buy a lot of CDs from Wal Mart, none of which had ever been edited. I'd demand a refund if I was ever sold a tampered recording. Maybe Wal Mart USA edits CDs, but I guarentee you 100% that here in Canada (Newfoundland at least), Wal Mart does sell "naughty" CDs.

I'm sure that HMV and other big music-only stores will open at 12:00 AM to sell this CD. They usually do for big releases at this time of the year.
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2006, 03:59:32 PM »

Hell, I even bought Pearl Jam's Live On Two Legs there, and that has "Fuckin Up" written clearly in the track listing. I used to buy a lot of CDs from Wal Mart, none of which had ever been edited.

What you can get at Wal*Mart varies from store to store. Regardless of "corporate policy," lots of Wal*Mart stores choose to stock "explicit" cds (which are clearly marked as such, PDA sticker or not) and R-rated/Unrated DVDs which come through Wal*Mart's  own distribution system.  Anyone who has problems with their local Wal*Mart should try elsewhere.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2006, 04:09:41 PM »

Weird out of blue question but does anyone know when places such as Japan, China, New Zealand, and Australia get CD releases?  Being that they are far ahead of both the US and Europe regarding the time wouldn't they get something before we do?

On topic: I will be hitting the local Best Buy to get my CD copy, I don't want to chance getting anything edited! peace
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2006, 04:13:57 PM »

I bought my Girlfriend a copy of some Eminem cd that was massively edited and a unedited remaster of Slayer Reign in Blood, which if you have listened to Slayer before you may be aware it's full of Neo Nazi and satanic lyrics. So I guess wal-mart doesn't want you to hear Eminem call someone a bitch ass nigga but they're okay with satan worshipping nazi's.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2006, 04:19:06 PM »

Weird out of blue question but does anyone know when places such as Japan, China, New Zealand, and Australia get CD releases?  Being that they are far ahead of both the US and Europe regarding the time wouldn't they get something before we do?

On topic: I will be hitting the local Best Buy to get my CD copy, I don't want to chance getting anything edited! peace

Your weird out of the blue question is on topic. 

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2006, 04:24:30 PM »

I bought my Girlfriend a copy of some Eminem cd that was massively edited and a unedited remaster of Slayer Reign in Blood, which if you have listened to Slayer before you may be aware it's full of Neo Nazi and satanic lyrics. So I guess wal-mart doesn't want you to hear Eminem call someone a bitch ass nigga but they're okay with satan worshipping nazi's.

rofl

I can't even begin to imagine what an edited Eminem CD must sound like! ?I guess they couldn't understand the Slayer CD so that one passed through!

I have to also think that most of what we already heard of CD songs don't really have any foul language though. ?Unless I am hearing wrong? ?I suppose what we haven't heard could be full of foul language though!

I have never bought a CD at Walmart, frankly.? I don't even remember the last time I actually bought a CD (damn downloading motherf&&ker I am) but I will get my ass to the store for Chinese Democracy!

Anywho, any Australian/Japanese members here that can answer my previous question?
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2006, 05:39:30 PM »

I've always received my cds almost 2 days before the US.
New Zealand releases albums on mondays. We are also the first country in the world to see the sun and are 21 hours ahead of the time in LA.

Looks like I will have my copy of Chinese Democracy 45 hours before you Yanks.  hihi  smoking  peace
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2006, 05:44:18 PM »

Hell, I even bought Pearl Jam's Live On Two Legs there, and that has "Fuckin Up" written clearly in the track listing. I used to buy a lot of CDs from Wal Mart, none of which had ever been edited.

What you can get at Wal*Mart varies from store to store. Regardless of "corporate policy," lots of Wal*Mart stores choose to stock "explicit" cds (which are clearly marked as such, PDA sticker or not) and R-rated/Unrated DVDs which come through Wal*Mart's  own distribution system.  Anyone who has problems with their local Wal*Mart should try elsewhere.

Yeah, my Wal-Mart sells lots of unrated/R-rated DVDs as well as South Park the film and TV show. I've seen edited CDs there as well as unedited ones. I bought Greatest Hits there last week.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2006, 06:42:19 PM »

I will never go to Wal-Mart.  They destroy the culture of the neighborhood and they sell crappy merchandise.  Don't support Wal-Mart!

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2006, 06:43:28 PM »

I will never go to Wal-Mart.  They destroy the culture of the neighborhood and they sell crappy merchandise.  Don't support Wal-Mart!

I hate them too. I also hate the people who shop there. No offense to Wal-Mart shoppers. But in my area all the rednecks in red pickup trucks with ladders sticking out the back and nails stuck in the tires flock there after the local construction sites are closed for the day. I try to go there as little as possible. They do lure me, however, with their great DVD sales.  Undecided And Subway.  Grin
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2006, 07:26:31 PM »

New Zealand releases albums on mondays. We are also the first country in the world to see the sun and are 21 hours ahead of the time in LA.

Looks like I will have my copy of Chinese Democracy 45 hours before you Yanks.? hihi? smoking? peace

Not sure it's worth living in NZ for though Wink

(Just a joke - ex resident Smiley )

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2006, 08:03:05 PM »

Looks like I will have my copy of Chinese Democracy 45 hours before you Yanks.? hihi? smoking? peace

Thanks for answering, although we don't love being called Yanks! Shocked

(here in the US Yanks is actually a slang term used by southerners for those who live in the North East)

But I guess this concludes who will be getting CD 1st hihi
Megaguns
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2006, 08:10:48 PM »

It doesnt matter to me what day it comes out, We will all get it at the same time because it will most likely leak. Then we can all download it and go and buy it when it reaches stores, We are like a bunch of junkies and gunners is the fix.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2006, 08:22:39 PM »

china/japan w/e there release might have an extra song, as ive seen this for several cds released over there
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2006, 08:26:20 PM »

I think the only thing edited about AFD at Wal-Mart is the booklet. I bought my first copy from there when I first got into GN'R, and there's no booklet whatsoever. Just the front and back covers, and the inside has the GN'R logo on one side and the band photo on the other.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2006, 08:28:29 PM »

Hell, I even bought Pearl Jam's Live On Two Legs there, and that has "Fuckin Up" written clearly in the track listing. I used to buy a lot of CDs from Wal Mart, none of which had ever been edited. I'd demand a refund if I was ever sold a tampered recording. Maybe Wal Mart USA edits CDs, but I guarentee you 100% that here in Canada (Newfoundland at least), Wal Mart does sell "naughty" CDs.

I'm sure that HMV and other big music-only stores will open at 12:00 AM to sell this CD. They usually do for big releases at this time of the year.

I just looked up that Pearl Jam album on Amazon.com and it says nothing about Explicit Lyrics. That's an indication that the album itself did not receive a PA and as such, the record label did not need to release an edited version.

And about Greatest Hits, I'm curious how much cussing is actually on that album? Hardly any. For some reason, it received a PA label (at lest iTunes has it with one) because of the GN'R reputation I guess. Amazon.com's version of Greatest Hits doesn't mention explicit lyrics like it does for AFD so maybe they took back the parental advisory or something?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2006, 08:29:28 PM »

All of the "Downloading Motherfuckers" will get CD first.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2006, 08:29:56 PM »

CD pretty much always come out a day earlier in Europe.

And I live in Newfoundland, so we'll get the cd first in North America, by a half hour.

Of course, people in other parts of North America probably don't have to wait until 10 am for HMV, Music World, Fred's (well no one else has Fred's), and CD Plus to open.? Haha, I guess we can get it at Walmart before everyone else!? peace

Yep, Walmart always has everything available at midnight. I'm glad my town built a Wal Mart two minutes away from me, so I'll have it right at midnight. Anyone else that wants the CD at midnight, take the advice and go to Wal Mart, unless you know of somewhere else that will offer it at the same time.

Yeah, but if you buy it from Walmart, it WILL be edited.

NO IT WON'T. Wal Mart did away with only selling edited CD's a long, long time ago. That's not how it's done anymore.

Lennon, you're wrong. I was just at Wal-Mart last night and saw Appetite For Destruction with no PA label on it, and the bar code said edited. I also saw a 50 Cent edited album as well. Wal-Mart sells ONLY edited music. That's a fact. It has been, it still is, and it likely always will be. They're douche bags in that respect. The only way to really take advantage of their prices is if you buy something like Led Zeppelin for example. It's from before PA labels even existed and there's little or no cursing. I actually bought Dark Side Of The Moon from there a while back.

I bought Contraband at WalMart, and it was not edited.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2006, 08:39:55 PM »

china/japan w/e there release might have an extra song, as ive seen this for several cds released over there

After all these years of waiting I hope not!  I guess they do that because bootlegging is a huge issue over there but still I don't think it's right that they get something extra because of it-

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 08:46:56 PM »

I think the only thing edited about AFD at Wal-Mart is the booklet. I bought my first copy from there when I first got into GN'R, and there's no booklet whatsoever. Just the front and back covers, and the inside has the GN'R logo on one side and the band photo on the other.

I'm gonna say that all Walmarts do their own thing.  I got mine at the smallest Walmart in North America, and it has all the lyrics and has that original cover picture on the inside of the jacket.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: