Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who gets Chinese Democracy first?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who gets Chinese Democracy first?  (Read 8753 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 02:17:46 PM »

CD pretty much always come out a day earlier in Europe.

And I live in Newfoundland, so we'll get the cd first in North America, by a half hour.

Of course, people in other parts of North America probably don't have to wait until 10 am for HMV, Music World, Fred's (well no one else has Fred's), and CD Plus to open.  Haha, I guess we can get it at Walmart before everyone else!  peace

Yep, Walmart always has everything available at midnight. I'm glad my town built a Wal Mart two minutes away from me, so I'll have it right at midnight. Anyone else that wants the CD at midnight, take the advice and go to Wal Mart, unless you know of somewhere else that will offer it at the same time.

Yeah, but if you buy it from Walmart, it WILL be edited.

NO IT WON'T. Wal Mart did away with only selling edited CD's a long, long time ago. That's not how it's done anymore.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 02:22:37 PM »

And I live in Newfoundland, so we'll get the cd first in North America, by a half hour.

Of course, people in other parts of North America probably don't have to wait until 10 am for HMV, Music World, Fred's (well no one else has Fred's), and CD Plus to open.? Haha, I guess we can get it at Walmart before everyone else!? peace

Yeah, but Wall-Mart exists in every town in the USA hihi Roll Eyes

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 02:23:01 PM »

Of course, people in other parts of North America probably don't have to wait until 10 am for HMV, Music World, Fred's (well no one else has Fred's), and CD Plus to open.  Haha, I guess we can get it at Walmart before everyone else!  peace

Yep, Walmart always has everything available at midnight. I'm glad my town built a Wal Mart two minutes away from me, so I'll have it right at midnight. Anyone else that wants the CD at midnight, take the advice and go to Wal Mart, unless you know of somewhere else that will offer it at the same time.

NO IT WON'T. Wal Mart did away with only selling edited CD's a long, long time ago. That's not how it's done anymore.

Lennon, you're wrong. I was just at Wal-Mart last night and saw Appetite For Destruction with no PA label on it, and the bar code said edited. I also saw a 50 Cent edited album as well. Wal-Mart sells ONLY edited music. That's a fact. It has been, it still is, and it likely always will be. They're douche bags in that respect. The only way to really take advantage of their prices is if you buy something like Led Zeppelin for example. It's from before PA labels even existed and there's little or no cursing. I actually bought Dark Side Of The Moon from there a while back.
GNRBABY
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 02:24:43 PM »

Of course, people in other parts of North America probably don't have to wait until 10 am for HMV, Music World, Fred's (well no one else has Fred's), and CD Plus to open.? Haha, I guess we can get it at Walmart before everyone else!? peace

Lennon, you're wrong. I was just at Wal-Mart last night and saw Appetite For Destruction with no PA label on it, and the bar code said edited. I also saw a 50 Cent edited album as well. Wal-Mart sells ONLY edited music. That's a fact. It has been, it still is, and it likely always will be. They're douche bags in that respect.

They're douche bags in every sense...I just might blow $15 bucks to hear the edited version from 12am - 3am, then take a nap, wake up at 10am, and drive to Virgin megastore for the real thing hihi

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 02:25:33 PM »

Well, our Walmart closes at 11 pm and reopens 8 am, so I guess we're shit outta luck here to get the album first! ?ok

And where I'm from, Walmart doesn't just sell edited CDs. ?Hell, that's where I bought AFD in the mid-90s and that's not edited. ?It does have some edited CDs, but it's not exclusive.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
hemster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 02:25:44 PM »

Every cd I just qucily searched for (Eminen, Kid Rock, Appetite for Destruction...) says edited on it. ?I could be wrong, but I have never seen a cd there without "Edited" on it if it had bad langage. ?Green Day refused to edit their cds. ?Thats why you cant find them at Walmart. ?
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 02:26:26 PM »

Lennon, you're wrong. I was just at Wal-Mart last night and saw Appetite For Destruction with no PA label on it, and the bar code said edited. I also saw a 50 Cent edited album as well. Wal-Mart sells ONLY edited music. That's a fact. It has been, it still is, and it likely always will be. They're douche bags in that respect. The only way to really take advantage of their prices is if you buy something like Led Zeppelin for example. It's from before PA labels even existed and there's little or no cursing. I actually bought Dark Side Of The Moon from there a while back.

I'm not wrong. I buy CD's at my walmart all the time that aren't edited. Our walmart is a Super-walmart, if that makes any difference and they sell unrated DVD's as well. I've actually been carded buying CD's and DVD's from my walmart. So maybe it varies, but my walmart DEFINITELY sells unedited CD's. I'm not making that up.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 02:27:07 PM »

Explicit lyrics? Not in our store.
Guns and ammo? Sure, how much.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 02:27:35 PM »

Lennon, you're wrong. I was just at Wal-Mart last night and saw Appetite For Destruction with no PA label on it, and the bar code said edited. I also saw a 50 Cent edited album as well. Wal-Mart sells ONLY edited music. That's a fact. It has been, it still is, and it likely always will be. They're douche bags in that respect.

They're douche bags in every sense...I just might blow $15 bucks to hear the edited version from 12am - 3am, then take a nap, wake up at 10am, and drive to Virgin megastore for the real thing hihi

Or, you could download it from iTunes at 12 AM, burn it to a CD and then buy a real version later on. That way you've contributed TWO copies to the sales total, AND you get to hear the music right at 12 AM, UN-FUCKING-EDITED. :-)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 02:31:18 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
GNRBABY
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »

Or, you could download it from iTunes at 12 AM, burn it to a CD and then buy a real version later on. That way you've contributed TWO copies to the sales total, AND you get to here the music right at 12 AM, UN-FUCKING-EDITED. :-)

Yeah boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! ok ok beer

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 02:29:07 PM »

Isn't the "edited" barcode on AFD because the cover art was changed?

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 02:29:51 PM »

I'm not wrong. I buy CD's at my walmart all the time that aren't edited. Our walmart is a Super-walmart, if that makes any difference and they sell unrated DVD's as well. I've actually been carded buying CD's and DVD's from my walmart. So maybe it varies, but my walmart DEFINITELY sells unedited CD's. I'm not making that up.

There are hardly any small Wal-Mart's left in the world, but they card for buying Rated R movies, much less unrated ones. And there's like 4 Super Wal-Marts here in Lubbock and I don't think any of them sell parental advisory CD's. They do sell rated R movies obviously, and I've been carded buying those, but they sell a few unrated movies here and there. For example, I bought Van Wilder from there a while back, but it was the R Rated version because they didn't have the unrated one. But I've seen other films in there with unrated labels, like Wedding Crashers for example.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 02:30:29 PM »

Nope. If it was, then the copy I got at Best Buy with a PA sticker on it would have also had a "edited" label on the bar code.
hemster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 02:32:37 PM »

From the Walmart page,

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=195963

Music Content Policy 

Parental Advisory Labels

The Parental Advisory program is a voluntary program created and administered by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Under the Parental Advisory program, individual record companies, working with their artists, decide which of their releases should be labeled with a Parental Advisory Label. Recordings identified with the Parental Advisory Label may contain strong language or depictions of violence, sex or substance abuse. Wal-Mart Stores, Sam's Club and Walmart.com (collectively "Wal-Mart") do not carry recordings designated with the Parental Advisory Label.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2006, 02:33:51 PM »

I'm not going to turn this into a "Does walmart sell edited CD's only thread" but I know for a fact mine sells unedited CD's and that's the only walmart I care about when CD is released. It's also SUPPOSED to be the 5th biggest Walmart in the US, which I hate because my fucking town is so fucking busy now, it sucks. But that's where I will be getting my unedited CD at midnight and that's all I care about at this point.

mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 02:34:05 PM »

I'm not going to risk having the first copy of CD I hear be edited. I waited over a decade for the final product and I want it as it's meant to be. I'll wait the few extra hours...or, as someone said, Get an iTunes copy as well.

Am I the only fan that plans to by multiple copies anyway? I'll get two for myself (regular CD and iTunes probably) and a few copies to give to friends that wouldn't buy it but will enjoy it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 02:36:29 PM by mcalldp » Logged

~sHiNe oN~
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 02:36:04 PM »

I'm not going to risk having the first copy of CD I hear be edited. I waited over a decade for the final product and I want it as it's meant to be. I'll wait the few extra hours...or, as someone said, Get an iTunes copy as well.

Am I the only fa that plans to by multiple copies anyway? I'll get two for myself (regular CD and iTunes probably) and a few copies to give to friends taht wouldn't buy it but will enjoy it.

I will be buying a few copies for a couple of people and myself. That's about it though. I'm not going to buy 5 copies to try and help the sales like some fucking people will.

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »

From the Walmart page,

Music Content Policy 

Parental Advisory Labels

The Parental Advisory program is a voluntary program created and administered by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Under the Parental Advisory program, individual record companies, working with their artists, decide which of their releases should be labeled with a Parental Advisory Label. Recordings identified with the Parental Advisory Label may contain strong language or depictions of violence, sex or substance abuse. Wal-Mart Stores, Sam's Club and Walmart.com (collectively "Wal-Mart") do not carry recordings designated with the Parental Advisory Label.

Thank you! Just because an album doesn't have an edited mention in the barcode doesn't mean anything. The fact of the matter is that there's more albums out there that do not require editing than there are that DO require editing. For example, 99% of the classic rock catalogue they have from before 1980 would not require any editing at all. Thus, you're getting the real deal. But do not buy GN'R or any newer metal or rap from them. LOL. You'll just get ripped off. Someone on here recently was complaining about buying Live Era from Wal-Mart and not really noticing the edited label (because it's concealed pretty well) and being really pissed when realizing that it was edited after listening to it. Check out their rap page; almost everything on there is edited except the ones that are clean enough to begin with:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=4117
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2006, 02:37:32 PM »

From the Walmart page,

Music Content Policy?

Parental Advisory Labels

Ah well, all I can say is that I bought AFD there, it's not edited, and there's no PAL on it (those things aren't mandatory here).

But anyway, Chinese Democracy will be carried at my Walmart, just like the rest of the GNR releases. ?And it will be available for purchase on the release date.

mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2006, 02:38:28 PM »

Am I the only fa that plans to by multiple copies anyway? I'll get two for myself (regular CD and iTunes probably) and a few copies to give to friends taht wouldn't buy it but will enjoy it.

I will be buying a few copies for a couple of people and myself. That's about it though. I'm not going to buy 5 copies to try and help the sales like some fucking people will.

Agreed, I'n not buying copies to put on the shelf but I have several friends that I know will like it but wouldn't buy it themselves..probably 3-5 extra copies right there. I don't mind buying them as gifts for my friends, the fact that it helps uncle Axl pay for his Warhol painting is good too though  rofl

~sHiNe oN~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: