Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An interesting thought
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: An interesting thought  (Read 8778 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2006, 09:37:37 AM »

EFISH - WHO WAS IT THAT CONFIRMED CITR WANT BE ON THE ALBUM-  THANKS   Huh
Richard Fortus did.
carlosmontana
Headliner

Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2006, 10:02:22 AM »

I hope CD will be on, I like it, one of the few...

I hope CITR stays on, but who knows, Axls might try and get it on to the Chapter 27 soundtrack. He sure likes them soundtracks...
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 10:07:48 AM »

Guns n roses leaked tracks earlier this year to promote them, now why would axl leak citr if it wasnt going to be on the album? From a personal perspective I think it was the best song to leak and I love them all!!! It must be on the album, I'll be gutted if it doesnt make it because its a gnr epic! I know they havent played it live yet but maybe today....
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 10:08:21 AM »

He said something along the lines of they're not playing any SINGLES, not that the tracks wouldn't be on the album.

And as for CITR - I think ti will be there, but with Brian May's part re-recorded by Robin/Richard.

LP

I hope richard re recorded that, I think he could pull off May's Part Better.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 10:22:06 AM »

Just wanted to add that the doors song waiting for the sun wasnt on the album either.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 10:26:02 AM »

He said something along the lines of they're not playing any SINGLES, not that the tracks wouldn't be on the album.

And as for CITR - I think ti will be there, but with Brian May's part re-recorded by Robin/Richard.

LP

You think Richard Fortus could pull off a guitar part better than Brian May? Well, although I'd like to say more, allow me to politely disagree.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 10:29:06 AM »

LP

You think Richard Fortus could pull off a guitar part better than Brian May? Well, although I'd like to say more, allow me to politely disagree.

well.... robin most likely wrote his part in catcher in the rye

he worked on the song before may.....

Guns n roses leaked tracks earlier this year to promote them, now why would axl leak citr if it wasnt going to be on the album? From a personal perspective I think it was the best song to leak and I love them all!!! It must be on the album, I'll be gutted if it doesnt make it because its a gnr epic! I know they havent played it live yet but maybe today....

who says axl leaked the song??

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 10:38:09 AM »

Just wanted to add that the doors song waiting for the sun wasnt on the album either.

Good point! Great song imo...

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 10:42:38 AM »

Backstage at MSG '02, Axl himself said that CITR was planned for the third album.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:47:35 AM by Janabis » Logged
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 10:49:47 AM »

LP

who says axl leaked the song??

Who else leaked the song? Axl might not have done it, but he must have approved it...
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 11:35:20 AM »

There is no way Axl would hire Brian May just to play somebody else's guitar solo. He could have gotten anyone to do that. Defeats the purpose of having a legend record on the album. Brian May wouldn't have agreed to it anyway. Besides, if that was the case Axl would have just left Robin's solo instead of re-recording it.

Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2006, 11:41:32 AM »

Chi Dem would be a good opener to the album... Good riff... The only one of the songs that we've heard (not including Oh my God or Silkworms) being a b-side would be Rhiad... I like the song but i would prefer a b-side and a whole album (more songs for us)

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2006, 11:50:21 AM »

Good point! Great song imo...

Yeah was gonna say that, but the song was written before their first album, and got ditched because it was a weak "hippy" song.  They just liked the name of it a few years later for their album.  They revamped it when Jim was having "problems" writing owt for Morrison Hotel/Hard Rock Cafe. 

LP
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: