Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An interesting thought
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: An interesting thought  (Read 8780 times)
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 03:06:47 PM »

I think it will be on the album, no reason for it not to be. The Blind Melon issue with soup was a bit different, only because there is sooooo much hype surrounding "Chinese Democracy" - it should be on the record and I think "Better" will be the 1st single on raido with "The Blues" as 2nd single

I still don't follow.? Keep in mind other examples;

Led Zeppelin - The song "Houses of the Holy" doesn't appear on the album proper. It was recorded during those sessions but not released until "Physical Graffitti". And, that song rocks!

Dokken (A lesser example) - The song "Back for the Attack" was stricken from the album by the same name. It wasn't strong enough.

It could happen, it's not impossible like you're saying. My gut feeling tells me it will be on CD because the band had persisted to play it live. If it had been dropped from the current NY/CA and Euro 2006 tours then I would be more inclined to agree with you.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
madagas
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 03:12:54 PM »

Efish, what the hell else did you "hear" about the tracklist? confused
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 03:15:21 PM »

I think that CD(the song) is good even if it is a slight copy of TNT hihi

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
EFISH
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 03:15:31 PM »

Efish, what the hell else did you "hear" about the tracklist? confused
Thats it.  Tongue
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 03:32:52 PM »

I think that CD(the song) is good even if it is a slight copy of TNT hihi

The AC/DC song?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 03:44:01 PM »

OFF WITH EFISH'S HEAD! he doesnt want to give us anymore iNFO!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 03:50:08 PM »

What a bum  Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 04:35:20 PM »

It will be interesting to see whether songs played way back in 2001/2002 are going to make it on the record. As unthinkable as it may seem, I could see Axl dropping even Madagascar from the record just because it has been circulated so much over that past five years (wow, can you believe that song is already five years old?). The only reason I say this is because he did say that they have a whole bunch of songs and even if they are not as good as Madagascar, Axl might want to make it so that the entire album is fresh.

If I had to put money on it, I'd bet that Madagascar will be on the record, but I'm just saying that with the large amount of songs Axl could pick from he could leave it off.
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 09:58:26 PM »

If I had to put money on it, I'd bet that Madagascar will be on the record, but I'm just saying that with the large amount of songs Axl could pick from he could leave it off.

Or they could give us 13 new songs plus the ones we heard in 02. That would be better.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 07:42:40 AM »

Chinese Democracy will be on the album. They have played it on both tours fairly continously. Plus they have clearly worked on the song a lot over the last 4 years, what with the new intro. I was never a big fan of the song live. Thought it was a bit generic. But the studio clip did sound amazing on the Boston Promo. IRS, Madagascar, Blues, Better, There Was A Time, Sorry will be there also. Assuming The General and Prostitute make it, that is already most of the album that we know. The one slightly annoying thing, is that we will already have heard nearly half the album before it comes out. Maybe they should have left IRS off to make room for some more brand new songs.

It shows shows how good the album is going to be that they can consider leaving Catcher In The Rye off.

Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 07:48:59 AM »

I think that chinese democracy (the song) will be featured on the album as it is the title track ..... other wise there would be little point in calling the album "Chinese Democracy"

CJ

Maybe so, maybe not. Foo Fighters released an album called 'Colour and the Shape'. The title track was dropped from the album and ended up on a single, Monkey Wrench or Everlong.

Be Aware of Legacy
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 07:49:41 AM »

from what ive heard of CHINESE DEMOCRACY (the song) so far i think it sucks ultra ass, but an 'insider'(not a fake one) said it would be track 1.

yeah i was that insider Tongue
Nope, it was BIg boss from sp1at. and i dont think he guessed, like you did.? Tongue Tongue

http://www.gnrnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1213#1213
but sure, most of what he's said before was bullshit but i think this time he's telling the truth.

Wait a sec. This email was sent in July. It says CD "will be announced at the end of next month," i.e. August. Which didn't happen. Which pretty much puts in doubt everything else that BigBoss said. Even if he's right about the November release date, he's just repeating what Axl said on the Trunk show. So basically that post is bullshit.

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 07:50:20 AM »

i am aching to hear the studio version of t.w.a.t and interested in Rhiad studio - as its the only new song that I really didnt like much when I heard it live in 2002.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »

from what ive heard of CHINESE DEMOCRACY (the song) so far i think it sucks ultra ass, but an 'insider'(not a fake one) said it would be track 1.

I used to feel that way too. It's grown on me more through the years. I especially love the part from "You think you got it all locked up inside" on.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 08:04:03 AM »

Going back to CITR - didn't Fortus reply to someone's email saying that it WOULD be on the album?!

I'm sure there's a massive thread with all his replies on and it was in there.... obviously things change, but I'm optimistic it will be on there - I'll be gutted if it's not....

LP
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 08:09:11 AM »

I think Axl even said (a long time ago) that songs like The Blues or Madagascar wouldn't be on the album but would be B-Sides Huh Or might not be on it Huh

Is that right or am I mixing things up ? I'm almost pretty sure I've read that back in the day.

Altough these days I'm sure Madagascar will be on it. Axl & the band know that the fans like the song.

I think Better, TWAT, Madagascar and IRS will be on the album. Not sure about Chinese Democracy and Rhiad.

And it's a shame that Catcher In The Rye is apparently going to be missing ...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 08:13:24 AM »

He said something along the lines of they're not playing any SINGLES, not that the tracks wouldn't be on the album.

And as for CITR - I think ti will be there, but with Brian May's part re-recorded by Robin/Richard.

LP
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2006, 08:18:43 AM »

He said something along the lines of they're not playing any SINGLES, not that the tracks wouldn't be on the album.

Oh yeah, that's right ok My bad beer

There's so many things/speculations arround the album that I'm getting confused hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2006, 08:30:52 AM »

Oh yeah, that's right ok My bad beer

There's so many things/speculations arround the album that I'm getting confused hihi

You can't remember everything in 13 years!!!

LP
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 09:32:17 AM »

EFISH - WHO WAS IT THAT CONFIRMED CITR WANT BE ON THE ALBUM-  THANKS   Huh
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: