Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:40:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An interesting thought
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: An interesting thought  (Read 8834 times)
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« on: October 23, 2006, 11:41:40 AM »

Will songs like Madgascar/The Blues/ Rhiad and the Bedouins/Chinese Democracy more likely be B-Sides now that they have been circulated for 4 years during live shows? Ive read a lot of people on here say "we know what half the album will sound like" given the songs that have in some way or another been heard, taking this into account whats the likelyhood of Axl thinking the album might have lost a bit of panache becuase of this. Sure releasing the album after the 2002 shows with the then-new songs included wouldnt have hurt,but now they have been pushed about a bit do you suppose they will be dropped/bonus disced?
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:47:39 AM »

im guessing rhiad and chinese democracy will not be on the album

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 11:49:19 AM »

from what ive heard of CHINESE DEMOCRACY (the song) so far i think it sucks ultra ass, but an 'insider'(not a fake one) said it would be track 1.
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 11:50:17 AM »

I think that chinese democracy (the song) will be featured on the album as it is the title track ..... other wise there would be little point in calling the album "Chinese Democracy"

CJ
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:51:54 AM »

I think that chinese democracy (the song) will be featured on the album as it is the title track ..... other wise there would be little point in calling the album "Chinese Democracy"

CJ

As I've said on here before though, Blind Melon's Soup didn't make it onto the Soup album. Cracking song.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 11:52:25 AM »

1st on the album? that wouldnt be a good idea. unless the studio version is immense compared to the live one. Still the same song though in essense. Smashing Pumpkins had a song called Siamese Dream that got nowhere near the album so jus cos its the same title ChiDem wont necessarily command a place on er.. ChiDem.
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 11:58:10 AM »

well i hope that it is released as a B side if nothing else .... I hope we get to hear every single song that the guys have been working on over the past 13 years or so in studio quality (and yes that even means silkworms and rihad as i love both those songs)

CJ
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »

from what ive heard of CHINESE DEMOCRACY (the song) so far i think it sucks ultra ass, but an 'insider'(not a fake one) said it would be track 1.

yeah i was that insider Tongue
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 12:14:11 PM »

if Chinese democracy isn't on the album, then why did the band play it live in the euro tour, albeit sporadically?

i think everything we've heard will feature except rhiad and silkworms.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Steel_Angel
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »

yeah i was that insider Tongue
Nope, it was BIg boss from sp1at. and i dont think he guessed, like you did.? Tongue Tongue

http://www.gnrnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1213#1213
but sure, most of what he's said before was bullshit but i think this time he's telling the truth.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:46:27 PM by frozen inferno » Logged
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 02:29:24 PM »

the song chin dem. rocks like hell! i love it!
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 02:33:50 PM »

I think it will be on the album, no reason for it not to be. The Blind Melon issue with soup was a bit different, only because there is sooooo much hype surrounding "Chinese Democracy" - it should be on the record and I think "Better" will be the 1st single on raido with "The Blues" as 2nd single
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 02:35:38 PM by gnrbaby » Logged

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 02:36:14 PM »

I think it will be on the album, no reason for it not to be. The Blind Melon issue with soup was a bit different, only because there is sooooo much hype surrounding "Chinese Democracy" - I think it will be on the record and I think "Better" will be the 1st single on raido with "The Blues" as 2nd single

My thoughts exactly...The Blues is a perfect 2nd single.
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 02:47:13 PM »

We heard songs off of Illusions before it was out and they were on teh album. Also Guns has never had a title song on an album so Chi Dem not being there would not surprise me though I really think it will be on there. I think we pretty much know what we're gettig. We kow a lot of the songs and teh basic feel and level that all the sog will be.

The fiished version will sound slicker but we've heard the ideas going into it, don't expect a complete different album.

I'm happy with it already and am just crossing fingers that CITR does make it!

~sHiNe oN~
EFISH
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 02:51:42 PM »

We heard songs off of Illusions before it was out and they were on teh album. Also Guns has never had a title song on an album so Chi Dem not being there would not surprise me though I really think it will be on there. I think we pretty much know what we're gettig. We kow a lot of the songs and teh basic feel and level that all the sog will be.

The fiished version will sound slicker but we've heard the ideas going into it, don't expect a complete different album.

Unfortanatly, I have heard that it won't be on the album (heard this YESTERDAY) and that CITR isn't even the name of that song....

Its my favorite Guns song, so I wish it was on CD but thats what I heard, and yeah its a trustful source..
*the person* said it might be on the second album...
The song is very unlike the others, on a different level......
Was upsetting (but not surprising) news......
GNRBABY
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 02:51:57 PM »

CITR is the one we should be concerned about. I really would love to hear a finished version of thta song.

GNRBABY
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 02:53:11 PM »

Unfortanatly, I have heard that it won't be on the album (heard this YESTERDAY) and that CITR isn't even the name of that song....

Its my favorite Guns song, so I wish it was on CD but thats what I heard, and yeah its a trustful source..

But Axl said he was working on a song nammed CITR in that Rolling Stone interview back in like 1999 or 2000 - with him as Rip Van Winkle on the cover

EFISH
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 02:55:19 PM »

But Axl said he was working on a song nammed CITR in that Rolling Stone interview back in like 1999 or 2000 - with him as Rip Van Winkle on the cover
Just spreading what I heard...
I think it'd be WEIRD if it wasn't called CITR, but this person said it... and I beleive him 100%  Undecided
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 03:03:18 PM »

I think it will be on the album, no reason for it not to be. The Blind Melon issue with soup was a bit different, only because there is sooooo much hype surrounding "Chinese Democracy" - it should be on the record and I think "Better" will be the 1st single on raido with "The Blues" as 2nd single

I still don't follow.? Keep in mind other examples;

Led Zeppelin - The song "Houses of the Holy" doesn't appear on the album proper. It was recorded during those sessions but not released until "Physical Graffitti".  Zep didn't think the album fit when all was said and done. And, that song rocks!

Dokken (A lesser example) - The song "Back for the Attack" was stricken from the album by the same name. It wasn't strong enough for the final recording.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 03:07:36 PM by alternativemonkey » Logged
GNRBABY
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 03:03:56 PM »

I think it's the one that won't be on there unfortunately, because I haven't heard Axl mention it since that article. For all we know it is a different song now....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: