Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:15:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 21st --- Speculation Release Date
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 21st --- Speculation Release Date  (Read 6610 times)
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 03:33:14 PM »

Its coming out tommorrow.  ok

Would be out in England then, since i dont have it in my hands i think tomorrow in the States is off the cards!

Jonx
Have you walked in to a record store today?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 04:18:42 PM »

Its coming out tommorrow.? ok

Would be out in England then, since i dont have it in my hands i think tomorrow in the States is off the cards!

Jonx

Why do people continue to assume this?? Is it not possible that it will be released in the states a week before it hits Europe and Japan?? From a command and control perspective, it'd be much easier to release it in one market, and quickly to another.? Assuming they want to keep the release on the down-low.

Since the advent of "the Internet", releasing it (more than) a week later in Europe would just enoucrage those in Europe to download it from their American friends.

By that logic then, the states would be able to download it Sunday at 3pm PST or 6pm EST if they have a midnight sale in England.? So either way, you're going to have internet leaks.? Since sales of albums are always stronger in the US than in Europe, it would make sense to release it in the states first or (hopefully) release it a day earlier/later so that everyone gets it the same time.? Does anyone know if the Illusions were released a day earlier in Europe?? Not that it would have mattered because the internet wasn't really used then, let alone broad-band technology.

Sales of albums in the US are stronger than through the entirety of Europe?? Is that really true?? Europe is quite big you know.? With a thriving metal/rock scene.

FWIW, I can't see that it will get a week's preview in the US before being released over here - like other people have said, it's too big a gamble, too large a market to lose.? There might be 24 hrs of leaks should it be the other way around but that won't have as much impact as almost a week's worth.?

I'm not doubting the size of fans or their taste in music.  We all know that rock and metal are mre mainstream in Europe than in the States.  I'm simply talking about Guns N' Roses albums sales, which are higher in the United States.  Although to clarify my post, we're taling about England, not all of Europe since release dates differ.  That being said, I believe I am correct in syaing that Live Era and Greatest Hits sold more in the states than in Europe combined.
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 04:34:32 PM »

I'm glad Merck actually said "it will be one of these 10 remaining Tuesdays."? Thats more info than we've ever gotten concerning a release date.? Still though, it didn't come from Axl so I question it.

when did merck say this? i thought that would be reported on more....

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 04:38:19 PM »

I'm glad Merck actually said "it will be one of these 10 remaining Tuesdays."? Thats more info than we've ever gotten concerning a release date.? Still though, it didn't come from Axl so I question it.

In an article we cannot talk about right now

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 05:46:59 PM »

Its coming out tommorrow.? ok

Jonx

Why do people continue to assume this?? Is it not possible that it will be released in the states a week before it hits Europe and Japan?? From a command and control perspective, it'd be much easier to release it in one market, and quickly to another.? Assuming they want to keep the release on the down-low.

Since the advent of "the Internet", releasing it (more than) a week later in Europe would just enoucrage those in Europe to download it from their American friends.

By that logic then, the states would be able to download it Sunday at 3pm PST or 6pm EST if they have a midnight sale in England.? So either way, you're going to have internet leaks.? Since sales of albums are always stronger in the US than in Europe, it would make sense to release it in the states first or (hopefully) release it a day earlier/later so that everyone gets it the same time.? Does anyone know if the Illusions were released a day earlier in Europe?? Not that it would have mattered because the internet wasn't really used then, let alone broad-band technology.

Sales of albums in the US are stronger than through the entirety of Europe?? Is that really true?? Europe is quite big you know.? With a thriving metal/rock scene.

FWIW, I can't see that it will get a week's preview in the US before being released over here - like other people have said, it's too big a gamble, too large a market to lose.? There might be 24 hrs of leaks should it be the other way around but that won't have as much impact as almost a week's worth.?

I'm not doubting the size of fans or their taste in music.? We all know that rock and metal are mre mainstream in Europe than in the States.? I'm simply talking about Guns N' Roses albums sales, which are higher in the United States.? Although to clarify my post, we're taling about England, not all of Europe since release dates differ.? That being said, I believe I am correct in syaing that Live Era and Greatest Hits sold more in the states than in Europe combined.

OK dude, thanks for clarifying your post.  What you were trying to get across makes more sense now.  You may well be correct in saying that Live Era and Greatest Hits sold more in the US, I was just pointing out that GnR would lose more sales by releasing it a week earlier in the US than it would by releasing it 24 hrs earlier in England. 
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

Its coming out tommorrow.  ok

Jonx

Why do people continue to assume this?  Is it not possible that it will be released in the states a week before it hits Europe and Japan?  From a command and control perspective, it'd be much easier to release it in one market, and quickly to another.  Assuming they want to keep the release on the down-low.

i can't think of a single album that has been released in the US and then 6 days later in europe.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 08:08:10 PM »

My guess is 11/10/06!  Same day as the MSG show.
usedtoloverher
Banned
Opening Act

Black at the Core, like a Bullet Hole

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 08:30:08 PM »

My guess is the 31st December, just for a laugh.

Lest you not forget, the topic which you are talking about is irritably different from the topic which is supposed to be described on this thread.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 07:39:08 AM »

For those of you who need Chinese Democracy to reach number one for its debute week to make yourselves feel good about the album, it looks like December 5th may be off the table now as well: Gwen Stefani's next album is scheduled to release that day.  Just so you know,

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 08:15:39 AM »

Surely that heap of shit won't sell that well?
Not that I give 2 shits about a number 1 album.... but I'd hope it would be that.

LP
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 09:05:50 AM »

For those of you who need Chinese Democracy to reach number one for its debute week to make yourselves feel good about the album, it looks like December 5th may be off the table now as well: Gwen Stefani's next album is scheduled to release that day.? Just so you know,

Cheers,

Andrew

I don't think Axl Rose cares about Stefani. Maybe Jay Z or Eminem though.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 10:05:39 AM »

what a soap opera that is  Roll Eyes

The wheels are already in motion as we speak. Promotion already started. Ok, the promotion is a little weird but CD also does not seem to be a normal album anyway Roll Eyes

2006 HAS to be the year. Everything else would be beyond being ridiculous

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 10:27:52 AM »

I can see thge album come out this year.... but if hes going to put it out hes gonna advertize it... its his baby... hes gonna want everyone even all the non gnr fans to know that his cd is coming out... it will make the cover of the rolling stone magazine i bet.

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 12:35:30 PM »

is there any history in this place with music.jus a thought as its the date thats strongly rumoured and has just surfaced

GUNS N ROSES
21 Nov 2006 , 8:00 PM
Saint John, NB at the Harbour Station

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 01:42:22 PM »

ok so am io allow to ask if some will confirm which month of this magazine the article is in, i am allow to go buy the mag' and read it for myself, right???

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 02:04:04 PM »

I'm glad Merck actually said "it will be one of these 10 remaining Tuesdays."  Thats more info than we've ever gotten concerning a release date.  Still though, it didn't come from Axl so I question it.

ok so am io allow to ask if some will confirm which month of this magazine the article is in, i am allow to go buy the mag' and read it for myself, right???

It's in the Nov. 3rd issue I believe; released last Friday.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 09:56:25 PM »

Halloween is next Tuesday and now that I think about it they played The Adam's Family song right before IRS at The Warfield .... WAS IT A HINT?HuhHuh

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2006, 10:11:05 PM »

Halloween is next Tuesday and now that I think about it they played The Adam's Family song right before IRS at The Warfield .... WAS IT A HINT?HuhHuh

good god, you can't be serious...a hint? c'mon now.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2006, 10:16:08 PM »

Thats a bit far fetched dude but gotta love the avatar.
I dont think itll be releasd in england first or US first but itll be a simaltanious release like all over the globe.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 11:43:55 PM »

I heard Jay Z's album might be being moved back to the 13th.  Does this maybe mean GN'R will be coming out on the 21st?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: