Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:27:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 21st --- Speculation Release Date
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 21st --- Speculation Release Date  (Read 6594 times)
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« on: October 23, 2006, 10:20:56 AM »

Could axl be trying to release his album with his ex band  mate Gilby's band supernova?.... just a thought ... nothing official

(sorry if this has been posted)

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 10:27:10 AM »

nah it will be the 28th  ok

Jonx
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 10:38:19 AM »

Its coming out tommorrow.  ok

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 10:39:15 AM »

Would be out in England then, since i dont have it in my hands i think tomorrow in the States is off the cards!

Jonx
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:46:33 AM »

Its coming out tommorrow.? ok

Would be out in England then, since i dont have it in my hands i think tomorrow in the States is off the cards!

Jonx

Why do people continue to assume this?  Is it not possible that it will be released in the states a week before it hits Europe and Japan?  From a command and control perspective, it'd be much easier to release it in one market, and quickly to another.  Assuming they want to keep the release on the down-low.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 10:47:10 AM »

the 28th i beleiev, it allows roughly 5/6 weeks promo, which godwilling will start tomorrow!!!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 10:48:51 AM »

Jonx

Why do people continue to assume this? Is it not possible that it will be released in the states a week before it hits Europe and Japan? From a command and control perspective, it'd be much easier to release it in one market, and quickly to another. Assuming they want to keep the release on the down-low.

no chance, if its released in the states  a week before it will be all over the net and damage sales elsewhere. not a chance this will happen. the release will be the same, worldwide

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »

Jonx

Why do people continue to assume this?? Is it not possible that it will be released in the states a week before it hits Europe and Japan?? From a command and control perspective, it'd be much easier to release it in one market, and quickly to another.? Assuming they want to keep the release on the down-low.

cant it be released everywhere on the same day, with just small allowances for time zones? i thought lots of big releases happened this way...?

EDIT damn u beat me to it ^^

I would'nt do that if I were you.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 10:50:24 AM »

Jonx

Why do people continue to assume this?? Is it not possible that it will be released in the states a week before it hits Europe and Japan?? From a command and control perspective, it'd be much easier to release it in one market, and quickly to another.? Assuming they want to keep the release on the down-low.

I know, but I can hope...anyone else still going to go to the wrecka stow tommorrow just to satisfy curiosity?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 10:51:02 AM »

Jonx

Why do people continue to assume this?  Is it not possible that it will be released in the states a week before it hits Europe and Japan?  From a command and control perspective, it'd be much easier to release it in one market, and quickly to another.  Assuming they want to keep the release on the down-low.

Im only saying one days difference. Monday is when CDs usually come out in England, not sure about the rest of Europe. Its Tuesdays in the States for most albums, yes yes i know there are exceptions and CD may well be one of them, but because of the way the charts work over here CDs come out on Mondays, not Tuesdays like in the States, hence i would have it in my hands because its almost 4 PM here in England!

Jonx
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:52:46 AM by Jonx » Logged
yarvis
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 10:52:27 AM »

Nah, don't think so. Maybe the single but how come no one knows anything about it - radio or the stores.

IMO the question is: Is this all a great marketing move (ad etc.) or is it just uncoordinated?

November 21st would be cool though.

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 10:55:50 AM »

I don't actually BELIEVE its coming out tommorrow.  I am just having fun with the ride.  I am going to go tom Best Buy every Tuesday for the rest of the year just for fun.  And maybe just maybe, CD will be there.  Woohoo.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 10:58:43 AM »

I doubt the release date will have anything to do with Supernova.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 11:30:30 AM »

I'm glad Merck actually said "it will be one of these 10 remaining Tuesdays."? Thats more info than we've ever gotten concerning a release date.? Still though, it didn't come from Axl so I question it.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 11:58:37 AM »

Jonx

Since the advent of "the Internet", releasing it (more than) a week later in Europe would just enoucrage those in Europe to download it from their American friends.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 12:13:21 PM »

Lol I was in WH Smith in England this morning about 10:15am, and I was about to buy a paper and just before I went to the desk to pay, I thought about ChiDem and I put the paper down and went to like the CD and games section just to make sure. No CD  Cry
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 03:13:14 PM »

Jonx

Since the advent of "the Internet", releasing it (more than) a week later in Europe would just enoucrage those in Europe to download it from their American friends.

By that logic then, the states would be able to download it Sunday at 3pm PST or 6pm EST if they have a midnight sale in England.  So either way, you're going to have internet leaks.  Since sales of albums are always stronger in the US than in Europe, it would make sense to release it in the states first or (hopefully) release it a day earlier/later so that everyone gets it the same time.  Does anyone know if the Illusions were released a day earlier in Europe?  Not that it would have mattered because the internet wasn't really used then, let alone broad-band technology.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 03:17:31 PM »

LIES! You should be banned!!! rant

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 03:23:38 PM »

LIES! You should be banned!!! rant

yeah......
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 03:28:15 PM »

Jonx

By that logic then, the states would be able to download it Sunday at 3pm PST or 6pm EST if they have a midnight sale in England.? So either way, you're going to have internet leaks.? Since sales of albums are always stronger in the US than in Europe, it would make sense to release it in the states first or (hopefully) release it a day earlier/later so that everyone gets it the same time.? Does anyone know if the Illusions were released a day earlier in Europe?? Not that it would have mattered because the internet wasn't really used then, let alone broad-band technology.

Sales of albums in the US are stronger than through the entirety of Europe?  Is that really true?  Europe is quite big you know.  With a thriving metal/rock scene.

FWIW, I can't see that it will get a week's preview in the US before being released over here - like other people have said, it's too big a gamble, too large a market to lose.  There might be 24 hrs of leaks should it be the other way around but that won't have as much impact as almost a week's worth. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: