Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:35:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Promoting CD on Howard Stern
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promoting CD on Howard Stern  (Read 4021 times)
toddb1211
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 23, 2006, 02:39:38 AM »

Any thoughts.I know he has alot of listeners
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 02:44:24 AM »

ehhh, i dont think it would happen,
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 02:50:31 AM »

Stern lost well over 90% of his listeners when he went to Sirius.

If this was 2004 it would make sense, not now.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 03:00:07 AM »

yes

I think it would be fucking great!
...and very sentimental. For those that don't get that... well, Im just glad Im not you. It would be very cool if Axl paid the show a visit.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 03:46:40 AM »

Howard has been very negative towards Axl  so i don't know if Axl would want to be on his show .   I don't think  he would do the show even if it was still on free fm .
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 05:33:18 AM »

since 2001 howard calls axl a rock jerkoff. he believes the new band is just a gnr cover band. Axl should go on Opie And Anthony way more listeners and they are on both regular radio and satellite.
deadflowerII
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 05:37:04 AM »

Sterns not washed up!!!!!....5.1 million subscibers....thats more than ANY tv talk show............'FUCK STERN'Huh?....FUCK YOU!!!!! smoking
ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 06:50:33 AM »

Another possibility involving Stern....Sirius is having a worldwide free two day promotion this week.  10/25 & 10/26.  There should be a serious(get it) amount of listeners this week.  Howard gave Axl rave reviews in his first book regarding two women and how to handle them.  I didn't know Stern was on Axl's ass so much lately.  That being said, Axl will probably not do a show in Florida and leave when the show is over to do an interview.  That doesn't mean he couldn't make a phone call. 
I hooked up with sirius when Howard first went to satellite.  In my opinion, Howard had to be much more creative, therefore funnier, when he had language restraints.  Just because he can say fuck shit cocksucker, doesn't make him funnier.  I went from a five day listener, to a once every two week listener.  There does seem to be way less commercials now than before.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 07:21:44 AM »

Howard has 5.1 milliom listners.

And for those that listen Howard did praise Axl about 5 weeks ago about the way he always dressed. Probally a 5 minute talk on how Axl could care less what people think and he liked that. He said in that segment he always thought axl was cool.

Yea howard bust his balls at times but Howard bust everybodies balls from top to bottom nobody is safe.  Guaranteed when the album comes out you can bet anything on it Howard will play something off the album and comment. The world is waiting to comment.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 07:46:35 AM »

Stern lost well over 90% of his listeners when he went to Sirius.

If this was 2004 it would make sense, not now.

I'm not sure where you got that number (or if you were exagerating for effect, which is fine), but...it's not true.

Sirrius Subs are at about 5.1 million listeners....from the info I've seen, something like 4.5 million are his.  When on terrestrial radio he had about 16 million listeners.  So he didn't lose 90%.  He lost less than 75%. 

4+ milliion listeners, many in the target demo, is nothing to sneeze at. In addition, what happens on Howard tends to get reported and transplanted all over the world.  It's not a bad idea.

It's funny because they were talking about some guests that Scott Greenstein (corporate big wig at Sirius) wanted to have call in during the "free" internet preview coming up over the next couple of days.  The way Howard was referring to one of them.....I just, for some odd, unsubstantiated reason, got the impression it might be Axl.  But probably not.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 07:50:45 AM »

since 2001 howard calls axl a rock jerkoff. he believes the new band is just a gnr cover band. Axl should go on Opie And Anthony way more listeners and they are on both regular radio and satellite.

More potential listeners? Yeah, but not by a whole lot.

O & A are national on XM only, which gives them the potential to get to about 6.5 million listeners. 

They are only in, last I heard, 3 or 4 local markets on "regular" radio.  They're relatively large local markets (like NYC) but their ratings, according to the most recent book, aren't exactly stellar in any of them.

And they don't get the press exposure or story run that guests of the Stern show tend to get, even now.  If you say it on the Stern show, and it's news, it gets picked up pretty much everywhere.  Not as true for the O & A show.

Together again,
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 08:35:07 AM »

Sterns not washed up!!!!!....5.1 million subscibers....thats more than ANY tv talk show............'FUCK STERN'Huh?....FUCK YOU!!!!! smoking

ok first off stern does not have 5.1 million listeners. suruis has that many subs but they do not all listen to him.lol. HOWIE MATH STINKS!. Howard did complement axl on how he dressed and acted back in the 80's and 90's he said he was a complete orginal. But since the breakup of the old band he has become as obsessed with plastic surgery and trying to recapture what he once had with slash. He said axl was fat balding and full of botox.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 08:40:11 AM »

Stern is a jerkoff, and washed up..He have the rights to say shit about people, but when other people is joking about him..He sues them..He sucks ! Boring , ugly..old

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 08:49:51 AM »

Stern played part of IRS several months back & had some positive comments about it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 09:36:14 AM »

ok first off stern does not have 5.1 million listeners. suruis has that many subs but they do not all listen to him.lol. HOWIE MATH STINKS!. Howard did complement axl on how he dressed and acted back in the 80's and 90's he said he was a complete orginal. But since the breakup of the old band he has become as obsessed with plastic surgery and trying to recapture what he once had with slash. He said axl was fat balding and full of botox.

4.5 million, according to the availabe data, of their 5.1 million listeners spend some time with Howie.

And to those bagging on Stern...do you actually listen to him.  I'll bet you don't....

Together again,
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 10:02:52 AM »

I see people get all confused and go off fucking topic. The thread was about promoting on stern, not vs O&A or xm this or that. Or stern is washed up.

Any promoting done anywhere would be great right about now, so all you haters stick it in your ass.

People need to keep and open mind love him or hate him promoting on the stern show would reach alot of the  target demographics.

Plus you haters are fucked up, if there was any promotion done on his show even if it was a 2 minute talk just discussing a song would be great. The show gets replayed non stop on one of the channels, then over the weekend they replay the whole week again on one of the channel, so what ever gets mentioned would have atleast 5 to 6 times of being heard.

Howard is one of many great platforms to promote the cd.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 10:11:34 AM »

Everytime this radio show is brought up, we have one side saying he's not popular anymore and the other saying he is.

We don't want that in the GN'R section. I'm sure all you interested in this topic can navigate to The Jungle section and continue the "Howard good? Yes/no?" discussion there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »

That would be cool. Ofcourse it would not benefit me much since I don't have Sirius. Sure, Howard has not always been positive about Axl in the past but he is changing his tune now.  yes
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 11:08:55 AM »

That would be cool. Ofcourse it would not benefit me much since I don't have Sirius. Sure, Howard has not always been positive about Axl in the past but he is changing his tune now.? yes

Two days free sirius stream 10/24 & 10/25 world wide all you need is the internet, check out howards site or sirius.com for info.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 11:17:22 AM »

I like Howard, I like Axl

But Howard's been a dick when talking about Axl for some time
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: