Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:23:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  HELP! Taping Audio Soon, where do I place my mics?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP! Taping Audio Soon, where do I place my mics?  (Read 1907 times)
monobum
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 23, 2006, 12:03:31 AM »

Hi there I hope to be able to tape some audio of an upcoming GNR show. No the whole show just some of it.

I just got a pair of small stereo lavalier clip on mics and a digital recorder. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience recording audio. I have read that you should clip them on to your hat. But wont that record my voice If i sing  along? I dont have general admision, I have 3rd row from the second box of seats of the arena from stage right. Where is the best place to clip them? I was planiing on my belt but my only doubt is the 2nd row in front of me wont I pick up their voices/noise?

I'm afraid if I place them to hi it will record all the fans singing along. I'm with a group of 6 die hards and I know those fuckers are going to be singing along.

Once at a Black Sabbath show the guy recording in front of me kept his mike & recorder on the floor at his feet @ all times is this an option?

This is my first time recording. I normaly dont go thru this work but I have always loved GNR and I want a souvenier. I have the audio of when I saw them in 92 and to this day I still enjoy listening to it.
If I get any good audio It will be shared with all on this board.

ANY INFO IS APRECIATED- The show is around the corner.

Thnks
 peace
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 12:09:27 AM »

if u wear a ball cap put in uder it

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 10:53:17 AM »

the big thing is to try to aim your mics at the speakers.  I assume you have some quality stereo mics.  At the hammerstein show on the 15th, I had balcony and was able to get on the railing, dead center.  I clipped each mic to a side of my jeans or pouch to my hoodie and made sure they were aimed right.  The problem is that I didn't sneak the gain adjuster in and my mics were blown out when Guns came on.  Don't overestimate your recording setup.  I screamed as loud as I could into the mics before the show to see if they could handle it and they did.  My dumbass didn't realize how much more louder and focused the band would be.  Without a good gain adjuster hidden, good luck pulling a quality recording.  I'll be bringing my mini-disk player with mics, amplifier this time as well as the gain control.  Quality audio is a tough job, but don't worry about hearing people sing.  It's gonna happen no matter where you stand, just make sure you don't have them against your mouth. ok
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 11:15:38 AM »

as far as worrying about recording yourself singing along..simple solution: dont sing along!
deadpool89
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:21:12 AM »

^^^^^true  hihi

although he prolly does wanna enjoy himself st the show! Cool
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 05:15:27 PM »

as far as worrying about recording yourself singing along..simple solution: dont sing along!

I'd never go to a GNR show just to sit quietly for a recorder.  That's shitty and the people that do it deserve major props.  It's all about living it once and remembering it forever.. let kodak capture the moment.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
monobum
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »

Thanks for the info people, anyone else?  I'll be posting my review of the show. ok
tommy gun
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 10:07:05 AM »

Hello all - I'll be at the show in Baltimore.  I am looking to record the show.  I have this olympus digital voice recorder (VN-960PC) that I was planning on using.  I dont have an attached mike but I was looking to get one.  Does anyone know of any good but inexpensive ones?  Also, if this recorder will be bad for recording concert audio, is there a relativly cheap one that I should get instead?  Thanks for the help
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: