Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:13:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  the official GRINDHOUSE thread tarantino/rodriguez horror flick(s)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the official GRINDHOUSE thread tarantino/rodriguez horror flick(s)  (Read 9418 times)
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« on: October 22, 2006, 11:47:32 PM »

looks like it'll be interesting, its one movie but One segment, Planet Terror, will be a zombie film written and directed by Robert Rodriguez. The other segment, Death Proof, will be a slasher film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yal0BxZ7Bzwl

looks very cool but? i wasn't too fond of From Dusk Till Dawn which was a tarantino/rodriguez effort, we'll see i guess.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:09:24 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 11:57:16 PM »

I can't wait for this movie!  Grin

I watched the trailer when it aired a few weeks ago on the Spike TV Horror/Sci-Fi awards. It really got me pumped for the movie. Plus it has Rose McGowan.  love
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 12:20:23 AM »

I'm pissed that Mickey Rourke dropped out. But I guess Kurt Russell will be a good replacement.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:37:43 PM »

official trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOJgrN4VMZs

Rose McGowan with an assault rifle as a leg. groovy.

anythinggoes
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:09:48 AM »

Fuck Yeah that looks one mean motherfucker of a film my two favorite directors back together thats definatly on my list of must see films this year
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:43:44 AM »

I'm pissed that Mickey Rourke dropped out. But I guess Kurt Russell will be a good replacement.

I'm pissed too. But I've heard that Mickey Rourke even turned down a cameo in the fake trailers between the two flicks. Guess he didn't liked the movies at all Grin

Rourke + Tarantino ... That would be great drool

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »

Looks cool I'm definitely gonna see thi(e)s(e) movie(s). I liked "From Dusk Till Dawn" too  ok

This   is   Democracy!!!
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 10:40:49 AM »

All their movies are good. Especially Pulp Fiction, Desperado & Sin City  Grin Can't wait for this fucker to come out...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 12:47:38 PM »

eyey - hacks trying to pass off gore as art - cant wait! I hope there are loads of black and white sequences or anime sequences included for absolutely no reason other than the director thinks it makes him look clever - wooooo

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 01:11:11 PM »

eyey - hacks trying to pass off gore as art - cant wait! I hope there are loads of black and white sequences or anime sequences included for absolutely no reason other than the director thinks it makes him look clever - wooooo

they arent trying to pass of gore as art. its supposed to be fun. so many movies lack that element of fun these days. they arent trying to win an oscar or anything its just a fun tribute to the older horror flicks that they loved.

i am not a huge fan of rodriguez, i didint like From Dusk Till Dawn that much. but i love Tarantino, he writes the most brilliant and clever dialogue. so many directors try to cover up their lack of good dialogue with fancy explosions etc.. and so many writers use the dialogue only to further the plot and thats it. Tarantino always includes witty dialogue that doesnt get old no matter how many times u see the movie. Its that way with Pulp Fiction for me. i could watch that movie over and over again.

anythinggoes
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 01:18:58 PM »

they arent trying to pass of gore as art. its supposed to be fun. so many movies lack that element of fun these days. they arent trying to win an oscar or anything its just a fun tribute to the older horror flicks that they loved.

i am not a huge fan of rodriguez, i didint like From Dusk Till Dawn that much. but i love Tarantino, he writes the most brilliant and clever dialogue. so many directors try to cover up their lack of good dialogue with fancy explosions etc.. and so many writers use the dialogue only to further the plot and thats it. Tarantino always includes witty dialogue that doesnt get old no matter how many times u see the movie. Its that way with Pulp Fiction for me. i could watch that movie over and over again.

Well this will be no Pulp Fiction im sure of that, from what i can make out id expect more of a Sin city Kill Bill From Dusk Till Dawn Movie....

Which is fine by me ill be there at the cinema on the day of release
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 02:16:01 PM »

Well this will be no Pulp Fiction im sure of that, from what i can make out id expect more of a Sin city Kill Bill From Dusk Till Dawn Movie....

Which is fine by me ill be there at the cinema on the day of release

oh yeah of course i know it'll be drastically different from Pulp Fiction but i'm sure it'll have some obvoius Tarantino influences(at least his segment) like the witty dialogue etc..

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 09:20:08 PM »

This movie is going to be awsome. Tarantino and Rodriguez always kick it old school in there films.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/mf/frame?theme=minfo&lid=wmv-700-p.1553108-183184,wmv-1000-p.1553109-183184,wmv-100-p.1553106-183184,wmv-300-p.1553107-183184&id=1809264218&f=1809264218&mspid=1809810664&type=m&a=0,15

new interview with tarintino and rodriguez plus some more clips  from the movie

sick nasty!!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 04:54:33 AM »

Official first day viewing. I will be going opening day to this. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gordi
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 04:33:32 AM »

Does anyone know when this comes out in Australia?
Random question I know but what the hell  ok
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 01:03:04 AM »

well this is coming out easter weekend, which means i will probably be coming home from college, so i'll be seeing it opening weekend. i'm pretty excited.

i wanna know how the hell Rose McGowan manages to fire that assault rifle she has as a leg. LOL.

Casey Shelton
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 11:43:05 AM »

There's someting about this movie that grabs me.  It seems so raw and edgy like movies back in the 80's. And Rose McGowan is off the charts HOT!!!

This movie reminds me of going to the drive-ins in the late 70's/early 80's.....3 features not long in length bak to back to back. I miss that. The Grindhouse brings back that energy, that atmosphere, that I felt when I went to the drive-in.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 01:24:36 PM »

new trailer!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462322/trailers-screenplay-E31837-10-2

sick.

mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 01:29:02 PM »

Probable the movie im most looking forward to this year.

that trail is pretty damn cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: