Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:32:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Day before the tour
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Day before the tour  (Read 15135 times)
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2006, 09:37:12 PM »

The news of a release date will not come in the form of stage banter. This is wishful thinking.

You'd think that would be obvious to every living being, but no.

Yeah, I mean I try not to be too critical. People are excited and all but yeah, use some common sense ya know? It's like the people that thought he was gonna drop the release date as part of announcing the killers at the VMA's  Roll Eyes
daubs
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2006, 09:41:16 PM »

People are excited and all but yeah, use some common sense ya know? It's like the people that thought he was gonna drop the release date as part of announcing the killers at the VMA's  Roll Eyes

what ive noticed is gnr fans have been so deprived for information, they hope any minor/major event will lead to something. like there was a thread saying "do you think something could happen on halloween" like wtf. like - Hey, its thursday! i wonder if we will get a release date! When you have been waiting for 10 years, you look for every possibility.
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2006, 09:49:03 PM »

When you have been waiting for 10 years, you look for every possibility.
Axl is going to announce the release date in an instant message to a microsoft live assistance operator at 3pm on October 25th, because 2 and 5 add up to 7 which has special significance to Axl because he was seven once. During October. You heard it here first.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2006, 09:49:58 PM »

I remember the press release from 2002 was right around the start of the tour...and it was a GREAT read.  Nothing about the album in the entire article though, hopefully this time its different.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2006, 09:52:10 PM »

I remember the press release from 2002 was right around the start of the tour...and it was a GREAT read.? Nothing about the album in the entire article though, hopefully this time its different.

Yeah, we can only hope
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2006, 09:54:18 PM »

I don't know if this has been suggested or not......i think they should have listening stations of either small clips of several songs on the album ....or a few of the full songs like IRS,Better, Madagascar etc. This will help people to feel connected to the new music and may hype up the shows and encourage people to come to the shows with the hope of hearing new material first. What do you think?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2006, 09:56:28 PM »

I don't know if this has been suggested or not......i think they should have listening stations of either small clips of several songs on the album ....or a few of the full songs like IRS,Better, Madagascar etc. This will help people to feel connected to the new music and may hype up the shows and encourage people to come to the shows with the hope of hearing new material first. What do you think?

doubtful, people could smuggle recorders in
omgrunnn
Headliner

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2006, 10:03:29 PM »

When you have been waiting for 10 years, you look for every possibility.
Axl is going to announce the release date in an instant message to a microsoft live assistance operator at 3pm on October 25th, because 2 and 5 add up to 7 which has special significance to Axl because he was seven once. During October. You heard it here first.

i had a hunch that was it

November 25th, 2006-Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit
December 2nd, 2011-U.S. Bank Area, Cincinnati
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »

People already know what most the songs listed sound like....plus it would be on headsets....maybe just a 30sec. clips. Let people do the advertising for them. Concert goers could spread the word that new material is ready to go. After a kick ass show most people would be very positive about what they hear and the future of the band.
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »

People already know what most the songs listed sound like....plus it would be on headsets....maybe just a 30sec. clips. Let people do the advertising for them. Concert goers could spread the word that new material is ready to go.

Yes. But isn't the same effect achieved by playing the songs live, in full? Why go to the expense of carting listening stations from place to place when you can actually play the songs in person. I mean, if all those people have come to the concert to hear you play anyway. . .

. . . has the whole world gone mad, or is it just me?
flickn
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2006, 10:12:56 PM »

hmmmm has anybody ponder that the whole album could be played live ?
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2006, 10:15:54 PM »

I KNOW that everyone hates it when this is said....but it would really suck for the casual fans who are in the place if they did that.  No one would know what they were listening to!  In fact, a casual fan that I work with was asking me about the Worchester show...she was WORRIED that the album wouldn't be out yet, but they might play it at the show.  I giggled and told her I don't think she has to worry about it hihi

I realize the diehards like us would  just about die of happiness, but for the majority of the people there....not so good.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
flickn
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »

welll I have heard and listen to Iron maiden doing this real real recently , So it has happened I am sure their die hards were pissed cause non of their old stuff was jammed on.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2006, 10:22:59 PM »

People are gonna expect songs like Jungle, SCOM, PC, & NR to be played, but other than that. Everything in their current setlist is interchangeable.

Personally if they cut SCOM & NR, I wouldn't shed a tear. Getting kinda bored with them...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
guns_n_motley
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2006, 10:23:10 PM »

ya, but the fact is management is handling this poorly... the tour is starting,, all they say is 10weeks until the end of the year... well damnit, I want an album...

if they are really getting the single for better this week,or the commercial we cant speak of is airing, I expect an announcement soon...
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2006, 10:24:06 PM »

Do you even think that is a remote possibility?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2006, 10:25:15 PM »

ya, but the fact is management is handling this poorly... the tour is starting,, all they say is 10weeks until the end of the year... well damnit, I want an album...

if they are really getting the single for better this week,or the commercial we cant speak of is airing, I expect an announcement soon...

How do you know management is handling it poorly?

You an insider or something? Roll Eyes

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
flickn
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2006, 10:25:27 PM »

Everything has to be considered a possibility with this band
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2006, 10:29:45 PM »

There hasn't been this much speculation on a date since the second coming of christ
guns_n_motley
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2006, 10:31:18 PM »

How do you know management is handling it poorly?

You an insider or something? Roll Eyes

because, how hard can it be to give us a release date??? the tour is starting and no news of a cd... ever wonder why the venues arent selling out??? people arent sure whether or not to trust axl... if the cd is coming out give us the date.. no need to be secretive..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: