Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who will Axl thank in the liner notes of CD?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who will Axl thank in the liner notes of CD?  (Read 11013 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2006, 10:37:12 AM »

whose jarmo?

The dude who runs this board.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Axl S
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2006, 11:19:06 AM »

I think the old band if they wrote any part of the new material during the 94-97 period will have to be listed in the musician section along with Paul Tobias, Josh Freese, Buckethead and anyone else who wrote stuff for Chinese Democracy. Brian May will possibly get a thank you. The forums might. Then some other people.
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2006, 12:05:03 PM »

With how long they've been working on it, it's gonna have to be like a fuckin' 5 paragraph essay.
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2006, 12:16:34 PM »

beta's kids...whatever their names are

bigcash2002

They're Alex, Vanessa (real good looking girl) and Fernando.

Here's my guess:

Del James
Beta
Freese
Sean Beavan
Bryan May
Sanctuary
Mike Clink
Baz Bach
Kid Rock
Izzy
Bucket
Paul Tobias
maybe the Baileys (Stuart and Amy)
Dave Navarro
Eddie Trunk
KROQ
Harley Davidson
Elton John (Great oportunity for a good ass-licking)

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2006, 12:30:43 PM »

According to this

And in the only print interview he has given over the past 10 years, with Rolling Stone in early 2000, he stressed that the lyrics to most of Chinese Democracy, the never-ending forthcoming Guns N'Roses album, will tell his side of the Seymour affair. "I hope [Seymour's son Dylan] hears it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the whole truth."

So maybe Dylan

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2006, 08:37:28 PM »

My guess:

Obvioulsy the fans, everyone who helped with the tour in someway and the current band members.

Also:

Brian May
Josh Freese
Dave Navarro
Paul Huge (Tobias)
Moby
Baz
Jarmo
Bullet For My Valentine
Buckethead
Shaquille O' Neil
Nas
Rockstar Games

Damn everyone who worked on the album in some way will get a mention!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
EFISH
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2006, 08:39:34 PM »

Damn everyone who worked on the album in some way will get a mention!
Not unless you want to be reading an encylcopedia.   yes
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2006, 10:06:02 PM »

I really hope he thanks this forum, and Jarmo, in particular, for keeping GNR's internet presence alive during the "black hole" years.
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2006, 10:12:33 PM »

"I would like to thank all the nerds/dorks/geeks from the 'Here Today Gone to Hell Board'."

Imagine if he said that? ahaha!

Hmmmmmm.. maybe a direct quote?  :-D

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2006, 11:54:55 PM »

"I would like to thank everyone! If it was not for the love and support I have felt in the last 14 years, this album would not be in the hands of you today."

When Im Gone.............
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2006, 03:57:02 AM »

"I would like to thank all the nerds/dorks/geeks from the 'Here Today Gone to Hell Board'."

Imagine if he said that? ahaha!

Funny shit hihi

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2006, 03:57:58 AM »

"Thank you to all the wonderful people who have touched my life over the years and made this record a possibility. And thank you most of all to the fanbase - without you, I would have probably just made a record about dolphins or something. Oh, and thanks to Sam the ice cream man who drove by my house every day at twelve p.m. and always let me buy the soft-serve special 'Axl Cones' he made with the little chocolate bars in them. LAWL remember that one day when I wasn't hungry and I started crying and you told me, 'Don't worry, Axl, you can pretend the chocolate bars are pieces of Slash, and that you're eating Slash!' LAWL do you remember Sam, do ya?! And do you remember how after you said this my eyes lit up and I jumped inside your ice cream truck and flailed my arms about and you kept trying to stop me but I quickly devoured every chocolate bar in your ice cream truck?? And remember how funny it was when you kept screaming, 'NO AXL! OHMYGOD AXL NO, STOP IT, STOP IT! NOOO! AXL! YOU ATE MY STEERING WHEEL! HEY...AXL! PUT THAT DOWN! THAT'S NOT CHOCOLATE! THAT'S ME KID, LIL' NICHOLAS! OH GOD YOU ATE MY CHILD! OH NO! OH DEAR GOD WHY, GOD, WHY?!?!?'

"HAHA LOL that was funny Sam even though you were kind of upset and sued me for eating $1,030 worth of your supplies and rendering you bankrupt, and also for accidentally eating your son. I know you were kinda mad so don't be down and blue, Sam! Just remember Uncle Axl loves ya! This album goes out to YOU buddy!

P.S. Sorry about Little Nicholas, I thought he was a chocolate bar.

Love, AXL ROSE"

- That's what I'd love to read one day in the liner notes. Sadly, at this point, it is only a dream of mine...  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:12:10 AM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2006, 04:25:00 AM »

"Thank you to all the wonderful people who have touched my life over the years and made this record a possibility. And thank you most of all to the fanbase - without you, I would have probably just made a record about dolphins or something. Oh, and thanks to Sam the ice cream man who drove by my house every day at twelve p.m. and always let me buy the soft-serve special 'Axl Cones' he made with the little chocolate bars in them. LAWL remember that one day when I wasn't hungry and I started crying and you told me, 'Don't worry, Axl, you can pretend the chocolate bars are pieces of Slash, and that you're eating Slash!' LAWL do you remember Sam, do ya?! And do you remember how after you said this my eyes lit up and I jumped inside your ice cream truck and flailed my arms about and you kept trying to stop me but I quickly devoured every chocolate bar in your ice cream truck?? And remember how funny it was when you kept screaming, 'NO AXL! OHMYGOD AXL NO, STOP IT, STOP IT! NOOO! AXL! YOU ATE MY STEERING WHEEL! HEY...AXL! PUT THAT DOWN! THAT'S NOT CHOCOLATE! THAT'S ME KID, LIL' NICHOLAS! OH GOD YOU ATE MY CHILD! OH NO! OH DEAR GOD WHY, GOD, WHY?!?!?'

"HAHA LOL that was funny Sam even though you were kind of upset and sued me for eating $1,030 worth of your supplies and rendering you bankrupt, and also for accidentally eating your son. I know you were kinda mad so don't be down and blue, Sam! Just remember Uncle Axl loves ya! This album goes out to YOU buddy!

P.S. Sorry about Little Nicholas, I thought he was a chocolate bar.

Love, AXL ROSE"

- That's what I'd love to read one day in the liner notes. Sadly, at this point, it is only a dream of mine...? Embarrassed

Ok. time to go to sleep there buddy  hihi

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2006, 05:28:47 AM »

Axl should and probably will thank God for still being alive.

And he will probably thank his "former friends" for inadvertently making him stronger.
vernset
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2006, 08:06:21 AM »

Maybe he doe not thanks anyone  smoking
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2006, 08:38:34 AM »

According to this

And in the only print interview he has given over the past 10 years, with Rolling Stone in early 2000, he stressed that the lyrics to most of Chinese Democracy, the never-ending forthcoming Guns N'Roses album, will tell his side of the Seymour affair. "I hope [Seymour's son Dylan] hears it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the whole truth."

So maybe Dylan

Dylan is already old enough ...   Undecided

william
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2006, 09:44:33 AM »

Fernando
Tina Chang
Chria Vrenna
Youth
Dave Abruzze
Joe Satriani
Dave Navarro
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2006, 09:51:33 AM »

Axl should and probably will thank God for still being alive.

And he will probably thank his "former friends" for inadvertently making him stronger.

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't sure how to word it. I'll just agree with your wording.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2006, 09:53:13 AM »

Scott Weiland for giving Axl an easy target to do better than

Nice!

rofl

slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 09:54:16 AM »

me, because i came up with the name Chinese Democracy, although thats where he stopped taking my advice because i said the album should be a concept album following the tales of a young wu long rose living in poverty then making his way to the top of the tree in chinese business only to be stripped of his riches by a backstabbing woman.
I intend to release the album myself....then we will see whose idea is indeed 'Better'.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: