Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:33:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Here Today...on the brink of "Democracy"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here Today...on the brink of "Democracy"  (Read 2836 times)
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« on: October 21, 2006, 11:22:33 AM »

I imagine that being a musician, actor or any artist for that matter must be exciting and nerve racking waiting for the release of their product to see how critics and the general population accept it.  Axl must be a wreck (I can only assume) being so close to the release of his baby where he will no longer have any control over the outcome.  Especially after the last ten years with all the hype and anticipation surrounding it. 
It will most likely be criticized to the max and most critics will not give it a fair review expecting it to be more than it is, even if it is a masterpiece.  Axl probably is under more pressure now than any artist that has ever released anything: not only does he have to consider the record company and how sales will go but also the hardcore fans  beer, the critics and media, the new generation of music fans, his peers, his former band mates, family etc...Most of whom will be watching this like a hawk hoping it either sinks or becomes the greatest thing ever.  Do you think Axl is freaking out right now (just a little)? If it were me I  wouldn't being sleeping for weeks up until the release date.  Afterall some people's expectations have become so high over the years that no matter how Chinese Democracy sounds it will never meet their expectations.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 11:26:14 AM »

hihi the title of this threads remind me of threads getting deleted  hihi , In a sense CD will bring democracy to this board, there will be nothing (or not much) to ban or censor  ok

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 11:27:22 AM »

I would imagine quite the opposite actually. As an artist I would be extemely relieved once it out. I would think the pressure is higher finishing the project, once it's done, you can concentrate on something new yet again. But exciting, ofcourse dude! Good topic!

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »

i know any song released as a first single will get the 'it took 10 years for this?' treatment from people who want to be jerks. they could release the greatest song in the history of the world and people would say 'it doesn't compare to my classic gnr' and 'it took 10 years for this?' others will run to heap praise on even minor tunes and discuss the return of the long gone emperor of rock. these are things axl has no control of, but is aware of.
it may end up like 'eyes wide shut' the kubrick movie that was divided between 'worst kubrick ever' and 'absolute genius' camps. years later you go back to that movie and you watch it without all the hype surrounding it as a master filmmakers final work and say, 'oh yes, that's a very good movie.'
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »

I would imagine quite the opposite actually. As an artist I would be extemely relieved once it out. I would think the pressure is higher finishing the project, once it's done, you can concentrate on something new yet again. But exciting, ofcourse dude! Good topic!

Yeah I agree. I think the nerve racking time would be listening to the tracks you want to be Chinese Democracy, and listening to them over and over again, and wondering if you need to fix this, or tweak that, or redo this.

That would be the worst part. Once it gets finalized and pressed, it's all downhill after that. I highly doubt Axl Rose or any of the Guns give a shit what critics think of CD.

Those same critics that will be bashing it, will be the same ones that said the last Hoobastank album was the return of rock, and the last Kanye West album was a masterpiece of modern music.

Fuck Rolling Stone, while they be rippin' off the kids hard earned money...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 02:57:15 PM »

hihi the title of this threads remind me of threads getting deleted  hihi , In a sense CD will bring democracy to this board, there will be nothing (or not much) to ban or censor  ok

That's exactly what I thought too...
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 03:10:39 PM »

hihi the title of this threads remind me of threads getting deleted? hihi , In a sense CD will bring democracy to this board, there will be nothing (or not much) to ban or censor? ok

That's exactly what I thought too...

That wasn't exactly what I was implying by naming the thread that  hihi  But I was having fun with a pun!  hihi

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »

Fuck, *I'm* a wreck at the thought of it almost being here!  An excited wreck though.
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 12:57:49 PM »

hihi the title of this threads remind me of threads getting deleted? hihi , In a sense CD will bring democracy to this board, there will be nothing (or not much) to ban or censor? ok

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing as well.  I've been coming here for my first source of news for many years.  Now I go elsewhere first to make sure I haven't missed anything. 

I still love the site and it has been good to me in many ways (presale tix, etc.) so I respect the decision.  I'm also sure the request is coming from the GNR camp.  But I'm still bummed.  Part of visiting message boards like this is the hope of getting some small tidbit that no on else seen/heard.  Now I might as well wait with the general public. 

-F
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 02:28:36 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing as well.? I've been coming here for my first source of news for many years.? Now I go elsewhere first to make sure I haven't missed anything.?

I still love the site and it has been good to me in many ways (presale tix, etc.) so I respect the decision.? I'm also sure the request is coming from the GNR camp.? But I'm still bummed.? Part of visiting message boards like this is the hope of getting some small tidbit that no on else seen/heard.? Now I might as well wait with the general public.?

-F
yeah i feel the same way, htgth used to be on the top of my favorites foir gnr, not anymore!  oh well i still enjoy the site, just not half as much

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 02:51:27 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing as well.? I've been coming here for my first source of news for many years.? Now I go elsewhere first to make sure I haven't missed anything.?

I still love the site and it has been good to me in many ways (presale tix, etc.) so I respect the decision.? I'm also sure the request is coming from the GNR camp.? But I'm still bummed.? Part of visiting message boards like this is the hope of getting some small tidbit that no on else seen/heard.? Now I might as well wait with the general public.?

-F
yeah i feel the same way, htgth used to be on the top of my favorites foir gnr, not anymore!? oh well i still enjoy the site, just not half as much

Well at least a thread like this is still welcome.

I mean at least we're allowed to discuss the fact that we may not agree with certain things that go on.

I also think everyone really needs to give Jarmo and the team a chance to maybe tell us the how's and why's of things after the album comes out. Who knows whats been asked of them at this point.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 02:53:34 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing as well.  I've been coming here for my first source of news for many years.  Now I go elsewhere first to make sure I haven't missed anything. 

I still love the site and it has been good to me in many ways (presale tix, etc.) so I respect the decision.  I'm also sure the request is coming from the GNR camp.  But I'm still bummed.  Part of visiting message boards like this is the hope of getting some small tidbit that no on else seen/heard.  Now I might as well wait with the general public. 

-F
yeah i feel the same way, htgth used to be on the top of my favorites foir gnr, not anymore!  oh well i still enjoy the site, just not half as much

Well at least a thread like this is still welcome.

I mean at least we're allowed to discuss the fact that we may not agree with certain things that go on.

I also think everyone really needs to give Jarmo and the team a chance to maybe tell us the how's and why's of things after the album comes out. Who knows whats been asked of them at this point.

jarmo already gave some sort of explanation: 'imagine packing out christmas presents before christmas eve' or something like that. That implies that, well......as this thread putted: we are fucking close: *cough, 24th cough*. That would explane it.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: