Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:23:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lost, UK (none US spoiler) - Sky One!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost, UK (none US spoiler) - Sky One!  (Read 2252 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« on: October 20, 2006, 02:16:52 PM »

I was going to post this in the Lost thread, but then I figured that those who it related to wouldn't be reading the spoiler-fest...

Anyway, Sky One have bought the rights to the third and fourth season. It boads well for the catch up, because I think that the third season airs next month.

I'm not really a fan of downloading a show, give me my weekly dosage and I'm set. The reason for my downloading season 2 was that the UK were so far behind that you would probably have it ruined for you by the time the first episode of the second series premiered. Culture, isn't it, I guess...

Anyway, so yeah....

Sky One, next month.

Not that I have sky up here, so I will be downloading the third season anyway...

So, err. Ok!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 09:11:01 AM »

Doh. just cancelled my Sky contract last month because its crap and now this. Damn, Im hooked on Lost and now I have to wait even longer. They'd have been found by the time we get to see it on terrestrial.... Greedy f*cking Sky scum.

Jim, wheres best to download Season 3? And how do I put it onto a dvd? Ive had problems trying to do that for an age. It drives me mad.....

Cheers

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 09:41:42 AM »

Lol, they probably will. Though I'm not sure if it will ever get back on terrestrial, 24 never did.

Get on the end of a torrent, which you can find from somewhere like http://www.mininova.org/, which is a good one. Use something such as bitcomet, which a google search will spew up, to download it.

Is your DVD player AVI compatible? That's the easiest way of doing it, it's how I used to anyway. You just have to convert the file (which you can do with the DIVX trial version, or again, get on the end of google for a free converter) and then with DIVX, any version, you can copy it to the DVD.

If your DVD player won't player AVI files, then, err... I'm not sure, actually, I've never done it. I'm sure that somebody will tell you how to though, in fact I think that there are quite a few threads on the subject floating about if you have a search.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 09:44:24 AM »

Cheers mate, I shall have a play and see what I can come up with. Sounds fairly easy even for a technical idiot like myself.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Chris Misfit
Opening Act

Here Today...Drunk Today!

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 01:52:24 PM »

I read that channel 4 is getting sued or something due to the fact it showed the 36 min LOst episodes for, an amazing 65 minutes. On RTE (irish) they last forty.

Where's Jim?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 01:54:58 PM »

Sky supposedly payed around ?20million for the rights of Lost

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 09:40:24 AM »

I read that channel 4 is getting sued or something due to the fact it showed the 36 min LOst episodes for, an amazing 65 minutes. On RTE (irish) they last forty.

In the states, they're about an hour and 1 or an hour and 2.

And most of the eps are 44 minutes (some are 45 and 46), or close to it, on the Season 1 and Season 2 DVD's.  That includes the obligitory "Previously on Lost" intro to every episode...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 10:28:41 AM »

And most of the eps are 44 minutes (some are 45 and 46), or close to it, on the Season 1 and Season 2 DVD's.? That includes the obligitory "Previously on Lost" intro to every episode...

I like the episodes that got an hour and 5 minutes, or an hour & 8 minutes.. They had one or two like that last year.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 10:40:20 AM »

And most of the eps are 44 minutes (some are 45 and 46), or close to it, on the Season 1 and Season 2 DVD's.  That includes the obligitory "Previously on Lost" intro to every episode...

You guys can't get enough of your adverts though. Doesn't an episode of the Simpsons go on for 45 minutes? You can see how your shows are split up, because over here they actually use half of the allocated 'advert break' slots. Of course, the ads do go on a lot longer over here on some channels, so I guess that does counter act it to an extent, but still. How long is, say, an episode of Friends or Seinfeld given?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 11:19:07 AM »

You guys can't get enough of your adverts though. Doesn't an episode of the Simpsons go on for 45 minutes? You can see how your shows are split up, because over here they actually use half of the allocated 'advert break' slots. Of course, the ads do go on a lot longer over here on some channels, so I guess that does counter act it to an extent, but still. How long is, say, an episode of Friends or Seinfeld given?

Friends or Seinfeld get 30 min. ?You get about 8 min of commercials in every 30 minutes. ?So, for 22 min shows..they go 30 min. ?For 44 min shows, they go an hour. ?

With some exceptions (like Lost and 24), I TIVO (well, DVR actually but same thing) just about everything and watch later so I can Fast Forward through all the commercials. Smiley

Together again,
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 11:31:34 AM »

Well, my experience is from when I was over there 4 or 5 years ago, and the adverts were just nuts. But ours actually gets the same format, but with half the actual breaks, so all of the advert time is accomodated in, err... Half the time.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 12:30:35 PM »

Well, my experience is from when I was over there 4 or 5 years ago, and the adverts were just nuts. But ours actually gets the same format, but with half the actual breaks, so all of the advert time is accomodated in, err... Half the time.

Right, you get one break with all the ads for a 30 min show.  We get 2 breaks (plus the intro/outro between shows, which is a longer break) every show.  I think the actual commercial time, as you said, is roughly equivalent.  It's just the way they space things out that's maddening.

Together again,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: