Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:17:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash mention in gossip mag (negative)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash mention in gossip mag (negative)  (Read 3514 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: October 20, 2006, 11:40:11 AM »

Gypsy comment:? This is from a 'GOSSIP' mag so don't put too much (if any) credence to it.
This is the first time that I can remember seeing anything negative about how Slash treats people in public ... especially someone asking him to do something for charity.

The National Enquirer >> October 30, 2006

Mike Walker with all the gossip
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
GREG GRUNBERG, one of the heroes on the hot new TV show "Heroes," wasn't hot enough for rockin' Volkswagen superstar SLASH - who burned him big-time at an LA club!? Grunberg, whose character on the show reads minds, apparently didn't foresee the scary outcome when he sat down right next to the legendary guitarist and asked if he'd autograph a guitar for charity.? Snarled Slash: "I don't like people sitting right next to me!"? Grunberg finally foresaw that he had no future with the slash-and-burn rocker, and sheepishly split.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Origen
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 12:09:52 PM »

Bullshit. Slash is extremely nice to fans about signing autographs, and he deffiantly wouldn't be so rude about it especially if it was for charity.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 02:59:28 PM »

think about how many people come up to Slash with a guitar for him to autograph and then turn around and sell it on ebay. How was he even suppose to know who this Greg guy was? Its a shame because I brought a piece of my guitar for Slash to sign at the VR show and he didn't trust me
makane
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 04:07:25 PM »

think about how many people come up to Slash with a guitar for him to autograph and then turn around and sell it on ebay. How was he even suppose to know who this Greg guy was? Its a shame because I brought a piece of my guitar for Slash to sign at the VR show and he didn't trust me
I don't understand. Why would it matter for him if someone sells a guitar he autographed on eBay?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Origen
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 04:21:54 PM »

I don't understand. Why would it matter for him if someone sells a guitar he autographed on eBay?

Because musicians/actors etc... like to sign stuff for fans not for people who are just there just to try and make money out of it.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 05:35:36 PM »

Knowing the National Enquirer they probably twisted the incident around to make it sound more interesting. They trash celebs so bad that I think it should be illegal for that horrible magazine to be published. I've been reading Slash articles, interviews, quotes about him from people who've met him or know him pretty well etc... for years. I've never read about him intentionally being rude to anyone. Everyone, including his wife, describes him as a kind mild mannered person.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 06:07:49 PM by kobys » Logged

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 06:03:39 PM »

Slash signed my Les Paul at at VR concert in 2004.  He signed everything that was put in front of him..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 07:07:44 PM »

Slash was propbably having dinner or something and this ass-hat just walked up to him and sat beside him.  I'd be pissed too.

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 10:32:22 AM »

Slash probably said more than that and they took that one line and used it out of context. But at the end of the day, who cares. I don't like people sitting real close to me, either.

kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 01:25:46 AM »

Slash probably said more than that and they took that one line and used it out of context. But at the end of the day, who cares. I don't like people sitting real close to me, either.

Well I'm sure that we're not getting the entire story here. Probably just the part of the story that the National Enquirer wants the public to read that will make Slash look like a jerk.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 07:11:28 AM »

the mike walker 4 stories are true one is false game I use to listen to on Howard Stern.. Most of it is just crapy things anyways..  Part of the story may be possible, but for some reason I doubt if slash knew the person was not just some fan or random guy just saying it's for  "charity" that if he knew it really he was he would have signed. no problem..
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 09:00:10 AM »

Snarled Slash: "I don't like people sitting right next to me!"

hahaha that?s sooo childish!! Can you even figure Slash saying something like this? Oh god, may that reporter get a life... soon!

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 12:51:51 AM »

Gypsy comment:? This is from a 'GOSSIP' mag so don't put too much (if any) credence to it.
This is the first time that I can remember seeing anything negative about how Slash treats people in public ... especially someone asking him to do something for charity.

The National Enquirer >> October 30, 2006

Mike Walker with all the gossip
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
GREG GRUNBERG, one of the heroes on the hot new TV show "Heroes," wasn't hot enough for rockin' Volkswagen superstar SLASH - who burned him big-time at an LA club!? Grunberg, whose character on the show reads minds, apparently didn't foresee the scary outcome when he sat down right next to the legendary guitarist and asked if he'd autograph a guitar for charity.? Snarled Slash: "I don't like people sitting right next to me!"? Grunberg finally foresaw that he had no future with the slash-and-burn rocker, and sheepishly split.

Slash is one of the most  gracious rockers to his fans that I have ever met. So I do not believe the post.
Megaguns
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 12:48:43 AM »

The guy could have at least waited until slash was finished eating or whatever, Id be a prick to someone too if they interrupted me in the middle of chatting to my mates or having dinner, The guy probably didnt make any conversation and just came out with it. He got what he deserved.
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 08:33:59 AM »

Slash is awsome that reporter is an asshole confused

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: