Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:44:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Tracks as we know them now
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Tracks as we know them now  (Read 4936 times)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« on: October 19, 2006, 05:14:51 PM »

Hey All !

The "Main" Tracks of CD (we know about Silkworms and Rhiad but just for the sake of this thread lets leave it to these tracks I've listed"

I was having a little shindig at my house and got a little wasted, much to my wifes dissmay I stopped the "party"
(10 people) to play the tracks I had,  all are general rock fans not fanatical about any one band...none  being big GNR fans. (I usually get on my wife's nerves about GNR she thinks I'm sick ....so what if I am)

I Played

The Blues
Madagascar
Better
Twat
IRS
Chinese Democracy
The Catcher in the rye

I have to say that I couldn't have been happier with the response everyone LOVED the tracks they really sat there totally engulfed in the songs...no one spoke till the song ended, where we sort of talked about what we heard.

The reaction was awsome, I was overwhelmed  peace

Chinese Democracy sorry to say was the track that got the least fanfare, second I would say was IRS but my version is not the best quality.

Comments

The Blues... Beautiful arrangments

Madagascar....Holy shit what a journey

Better...makes we want to rock the fuck out! what riff in the middle

Twat...just awsome

IRS...cool beat, lots of cool changes in tempo

Chinese Democracy... Grungy/different

The Catcher in the rye...Instant Classic, People will still be talking about this song in 10 years.

It was agreed by all, that if the if the other songs are as good, this album will ripp the nuts off all the wannabees and shove them down their throats.  ok

All will buy it, actually they said when I get mine (release day) to pick it up for all of them.

You guys have any similiar incidents (hell I'm trying to do my part in selling this album)

Cheers

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 05:16:50 PM »

haha good to hear that the demos / live tracks kick some serious ass ... lol i love every new track (even rihad and silkworks lol)

CJ
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 05:22:10 PM »

good to hear, i think the classicness of CITR is somewhat of Brian May's Queen influence.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 05:26:55 PM »

we've heard over 50% of the album already. Not unless they release a double album  peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 05:34:10 PM »

atari read the post. he's a fan who had a home listening party. hihi

that your non-gnr-fanatical friends loved the songs makes me happy too.
spread the beauties of music over the world!!!  peace
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 05:36:46 PM »

Sounds like you ruined a perfectly good party!

I wonder what I would say if Iwas forced to sit and listen to a band at some party?... "Ok, yeah, that sounds great... Where's the bar?"
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »

Too bad you didn't play the secret doom metal song Smile, that woulda got the party jumpin

codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 05:42:52 PM »

Hey All !

The "Main" Tracks of CD (we know about Silkworms and Rhiad but just for the sake of this thread lets leave it to these tracks I've listed"

I was having a little shindig at my house and got a little wasted, much to my wifes dissmay I stopped the "party"
(10 people) to play the tracks I had,? all are general rock fans not fanatical about any one band...none? being big GNR fans. (I usually get on my wife's nerves about GNR she thinks I'm sick ....so what if I am)

I Played

The Blues
Madagascar
Better
Twat
IRS
Chinese Democracy
The Catcher in the rye

? ?I have to say that I couldn't have been happier with the response everyone LOVED the tracks they really sat there totally engulfed in the songs...no one spoke till the song ended, where we sort of talked about what we heard.

The reaction was awsome, I was overwhelmed? peace

Chinese Democracy sorry to say was the track that got the least fanfare, second I would say was IRS but my version is not the best quality.

Comments

The Blues... Beautiful arrangments

Madagascar....Holy shit what a journey

Better...makes we want to rock the fuck out! what riff in the middle
Twat...just awsome

IRS...cool beat, lots of cool changes in tempo

Chinese Democracy... Grungy/different

The Catcher in the rye...Instant Classic, People will still be talking about this song in 10 years.

It was agreed by all, that if the if the other songs are as good, this album will ripp the nuts off all the wannabees and shove them down their throats.? ok

All will buy it, actually they said when I get mine (release day) to pick it up for all of them.

You guys have any similiar incidents (hell I'm trying to do my part in selling this album)

Cheers

Comments

The Blues... this and Better are the best 2 tracks to emerge from the new Gn'R line up.

Madagascar.... I really liked this track at first. I've lost someinterest in it. I like the use of sampled voices near the end.

Better...the best thing to come out of Gn'R. The guitar solo at the end ?ok

Twat...big, epic, it's up there with Novemberain, Estranged ?beer

IRS...Feels really complete. Not an epic song, just a very good track ?Smiley

Chinese Democracy... the weakest thing to come out of the new Gn'R line up. It sounded interesting back in Vegas all those years ago. ?peace

The Catcher in the rye... I'm just not into this track. It has some interesting sounds/fx going on.

S---y... Looks damn interesting ?Smiley
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 05:45:22 PM »

why should the piss up be ruined ?

they loved the damn tracks, it was awsome. We played the cd again when we finnished cause everyone enjoyed it so much.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 05:45:25 PM »

we've heard over 50% of the album already. Not unless they release a double album? peace

Thing is....we HAVEN'T heard the STUDIO versions of Madagascar, The Blues or Chinese Democracy......the first two will sound amazing but I am not a big fan of Chinese Democracy the song....it's just ok to me...

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:19 PM »

why should the piss up be ruined ?

they loved the damn tracks, it was awsome. We played the cd again when we finnished cause everyone enjoyed it so much.

Don't worry. In easye's logic, you could have ruined your party with the food and drink you served. Or the seating, the colour of your tablecloth, your furniture just everything.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 06:34:36 PM »

we've heard over 50% of the album already. Not unless they release a double album  peace

Thing is....we HAVEN'T heard the STUDIO versions of Madagascar, The Blues or Chinese Democracy......the first two will sound amazing but I am not a big fan of Chinese Democracy the song....it's just ok to me...
actually we havent heard the studio version of anything yet. the leaks were just demos.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 06:50:09 PM »

actually we havent heard the studio version of anything yet. the leaks were just demos.

They are still studio versions. Unless Axl recorded them in the shower that is.

Finished tracks is the sentence you're looking for.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 06:57:20 PM »

I was a party the other week and one guy was playing music off his cpu.  He had 1000's of songs.  The music was pretty good and it just happened to be the day the tickets went on sale for MSG and I had bought 6 for some friends and I.  That was discussed and soon after that "Rocket Queen" came on.  It wasn't my request, but apparently one of my friends requested some GNR.  So "Mr. Brownstone" comes on and then to my surprise the next song played was "I.R.S".  I was shocked.  This was certainly not a party full of GNR fans.  When I mentioned I had gotten tickets to see them at MSG I had to explain who was in the band and people couldn't believe I spent $600 on tickets (which I will get paid back minus my ticket of course).  So I certainly didn't expect to hear "I.R.S."  I was quite impressed.  I can't say that the party stopped and everyone took notice of the song, but I certainly did.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 07:26:52 PM »

I played Better to some of my friends when the 2 min clip leaked, and they all have very reluctant relationship to the band. Needless to say, afterwards all they could say was "WOW" and "That gave me chills man".

Another friend thinks the tracks are so-so (don't like GN'R either), but he thinks Catcher is pretty good.

I.R.S gets pretty bad response from nearly everyone.

TWAT kinda falls in between. Not bad, not great, but good solo.

When I come to think about it, I have no friends that like GN'R, and that sucks..... Cry
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 07:29:24 PM by polluxlm » Logged

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 07:29:25 PM »

When the 2 minute Better leak came out and i gave it to my friend to listen to he said he thought it sounded a lot more modern than the old GNR stuff, and he thought it rocked.
daubs
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 07:36:19 PM »

i agree with the better giving you chills. im listening to it now and the first 2 minutes is amazingf. the whole song is good but i remember hearing the first 2 minutes and thats what made me a new gnr fan. i was a old gnr fan and somewwhat intrested in the new band just for axl, but better, being wrote by robin, made me a fan.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 07:48:13 PM »

Anybody agree that it sounds like he's singing "no one ever told me when I was alone, they just thought I'd know better, bitter"? I like that twist alot more than the idea of just repeating the word.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 09:42:39 PM »

My opinion of the new tracks compared to what has been released in the past 5 years years:
TWAT -10/10
Better- 10/10
The Blues - 8/10
Madagascar - 8/10
Chinese Democracy - 8/10
Rhiad and the Beduions- 6/10
CITR- 7/10
IRS - 9/10

These songs are so much better then anything in Rock right now, they will get knocked for one reason, because its not the old GNR, that is it, I do not think that this CD will be given a fair chance regardless of sales.  If the band was called Axl and Friends, and had the same songs then everyone would say its genius and better the GNR, but since the CD will be a GNR album it will get knocked.

scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 11:29:50 PM »

My opinion of the new tracks compared to what has been released in the past 5 years years:
TWAT -10/10
Better- 10/10
The Blues - 8/10
Madagascar - 8/10
Chinese Democracy - 8/10
Rhiad and the Beduions- 6/10
CITR- 7/10
IRS - 9/10

These songs are so much better then anything in Rock right now, they will get knocked for one reason, because its not the old GNR, that is it, I do not think that this CD will be given a fair chance regardless of sales.  If the band was called Axl and Friends, and had the same songs then everyone would say its genius and better the GNR, but since the CD will be a GNR album it will get knocked.

the blues should be 10/10, and beduoins should be 2/10 :O

but i get the same response from people that you're predicting...it pisses me off that no one even gives the "new" band a chance, even though they've actually been gnr for longer than the original gnr at this point.

i hope the album sells well but ultimately i just wanna hear how they invisioned the songs to be mastered and arranged, and to have them to play over and over and over and...

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: