Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 03:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Market this!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Market this!  (Read 13638 times)
GNRLived
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 03:19:48 PM »

Cheers Dudes.

The stress of the office got to me :-)
Hopefully we all get the true words soon............lyrics
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 03:34:32 PM »

Merck has no control over this site.

Jarmo does what he does because he respects other people. You may see this is as a fault, but it is the way this site has been run for years.

He cares about the people on this site, and he also cares about the people in GN'R and their families etc..

We have a good thing here. Don't spoil it.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 03:35:23 PM »

Jarmo does what he does because he respects other people. You may see this is as a fault, but it is the way this site has been run for years.

He cares about the people on this site, and he also cares about the people in GN'R and their families etc..

So whats your opinion on this whole Rolling Stone thing?
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 03:40:56 PM »

Indeed....
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

Mysteron, you are one of the only people on here who gives us info(though is it sometimes very cryptic) Please tell me the harm in talking about an article that Merck himself participated in, and that is available for anyone to read on the rollingstone website?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 03:46:11 PM »

It's nothing, to be honest.

I am wanting a physical copy of CD like everyone else. RS have not provided that. They have not even provided a full tracklist.

The new album is coming this year and the only news that matters will come from Guns HQ
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »

I'd be happy with a date, as in which month is it going to come out in 2006?  Mysteron?

I'm beyond tired of all these games....WE NEED DEMOCRACY!
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 03:50:31 PM »

Mysteron - sorry for all the questions, but do you know if there's any validity to the idea that there may be no given release date for the album before it hits stores?  Was that just sarcasm not fully represented?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 03:54:43 PM »

Mysteron - sorry for all the questions, but do you know if there's any validity to the idea that there may be no given release date for the album before it hits stores?? Was that just sarcasm not fully represented?

It would have been sarcasm
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 03:57:30 PM »

Thank you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 04:06:52 PM »

Market this.  Is there any chance that they would not call the album "Chinese Democracy"?  That would be attention getting.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 04:14:08 PM »

Market this.? Is there any chance that they would not call the album "Chinese Democracy"?? That would be attention getting.

And also pretty lame , since even the most casual music fan knows what Chinese Democracy is peace

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 04:17:09 PM »

It would be unexpected.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Rainman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »

Gentlemen,

Why am I a physcho. Normal dude. Normal mates. Good life. Good family.

Are you guys not concerned why certain articles are removed?

Not sure where you guys are from but in Ireland if information is witheld and we are told whats good or bad / right or wrong we get pretty pissed off.

Axl comments on slash -- Posted
Weiland comments on Axl 'commenting on slash' -- Removed

Rolling Stone prints an article about an event that happened. -- Removed

I see stars and stripes everywhere. The worst form of dictatorship in the world.

I really think that when an article is removed, but it can be found at the mygnr.com forum or gnrdaily.com it makes this site look very uncredible. ?We are fans, we need to know what is going on. ?Without us, there isn't much support of GN'R out there at this time.

Rainman
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 04:32:53 PM »

Threads being deleted implies that you have something to hide. If you have nothing to hide, than just explain why? I think we deserve that.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 04:50:52 PM »

Mysteron - sorry for all the questions, but do you know if there's any validity to the idea that there may be no given release date for the album before it hits stores?  Was that just sarcasm not fully represented?

It would have been sarcasm

I mentioned last night that I believed it to be tongue-in-cheek.  Still, the promotional cycle will be unusually short.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 05:00:51 PM »

The less you know:

The more you question.

The more you want.

The more you talk.

The more buzz is created.

Look at the board(s).

Watcha-think-bout-that?

It's true.  It's just like Axl coming on "late" for shows.  The wait builds suspension, gets people chanting more, etc., and when they finally come on....

It's also a totally cocky and arrogant-ass thing to do, but I ain't complaining.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 05:11:35 PM »

Honestly, I'm not sure how much promotion would have an effect on the preconceived notions about GnR and CD. ?The best promotion they could get, to change peoples mind, is dropping the album (and probably a single) that's good enough to compel people to buy it.

well said.

i dont purport to know what the 'right strategy is' but the ultimate succes of an album, IMO, is whether or not it has 'legs'-meaning it sells at a good clip for an extended period of time...there are plenty of records that have a ton of promotion dropped into them with huge amounts of ads and press junkets and then when the release comes, the album maybe gets a high debut and the drops into oblivion because the material sucks (janet jackson and garth brooks as 'chris haines' come to mind)

actually you can apply it to the movies too--- the remakes Godzilla, King Kong, Superman Returns---all had huge promotions and tie-ins with release dates that were known waaay ahead of time and all failed to live up to the expectations of the hype because in the end, the product simply was mediocre

where am I going with this? i think axl wants this this album to rise or fall based on its strength as a final product out of many hard years of work..not because it was tied into commercials or there were flashy ads in a newspaper or magazine that got it some brief hype.

axl and merck have affirmed its out this year. nobody in the guns camp has strayed from that line. the music will do the talking.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 05:13:19 PM by NickNasty06: Chinese Stew » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
sandman
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 06:14:47 PM »

CD is a powerful brand name. i don't think much promotion is needed. there's gonna be major buzz when it's released.

the hope is for this album to be on the charts for over a year. the first week/month isn't gonna mean much. and it's not where they'll make their money back.

i think there's still some confusion regarding band members and may see some backlash due to a "new" lineup. so the best way to win over new fans is to give them a good product and win them over with it before they even have a chance to fully realize who is or isn't in the band.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GNRLived
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 06:56:03 PM »

where am I going with this? i think axl wants this this album to rise or fall based on its strength as a final product out of many hard years of work..not because it was tied into commercials or there were flashy ads in a newspaper or magazine that got it some brief hype.

You could have hit the nail on the head. This would be a very gutsy move and one that could gain Axl credibility in the press.
-- He rarely does interviews.
-- Doesnt promote gigs too much.
-- Releases the album, without advertisements and without radio. Lets music do the talking.

A record company would not let him do this. Maybe thats why he and Merck have taken this on by themselves.
I would love if this is the case, however, Mercks rediculous press releases dont give me too much hope.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: