Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Market this!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Market this!  (Read 13624 times)
Gordi
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2006, 05:12:18 AM »

Well that sort of promo could go both ways you know? In some it could be seen as 'keeping the mystery' to it all. But to a lot of other people it comes off as pure arrogance and disregard for the dedicated fans.
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2006, 05:25:36 AM »

I like the opinion of " let the music do the talking", but would also like to see bad ass posters hanging all over town! Guess the CD will be accompanied by some promo material for the record stores and it's up to them to decide how much display CD gets. For me all that counts is that the music rules and CD has a bad ass cover!! The rest of the mediahype and all...the supremacy of the disc(s) will tell!

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2006, 06:24:37 AM »

Merck has no control over this site.

Jarmo does what he does because he respects other people. You may see this is as a fault, but it is the way this site has been run for years.

He cares about the people on this site, and he also cares about the people in GN'R and their families etc..

We have a good thing here. Don't spoil it.

Thank you for putting this crap to rest ok

So if this article is really nothing or was not supposed to have some content, then I guess Seb Bach is going to be yelled at for revealing a new song title hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2006, 06:27:44 AM »

i dont see how banning talk of a song title and a propsed release date in anyway could harm a band member, so protecting the band is out.

although i think he is trying to keep on managements good side so we can get official news first, when it happens, whcih is a god thing. but censorship, is not.

this whole thing isn't jarmos fault, he was put in a position by management, its their fault.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2006, 07:08:30 AM »

i dont see how banning talk of a song title and a propsed release date in anyway could harm a band member, so protecting the band is out.

although i think he is trying to keep on managements good side so we can get official news first, when it happens, whcih is a god thing. but censorship, is not.

this whole thing isn't jarmos fault, he was put in a position by management, its their fault.

..andisn't Rollingstone out today anyway  peace
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 08:13:38 AM »

Getting people to hear it in the first place is PROMOTION. No one's going to know how good it is if they haven't heard anything from it (single/video/radio) or don't even know it's out (media ads etc).

The release, itself, is the promotion. It would get more than enough to accomplish the notification of it being out....hell, look at all the press a RUMORED release date has gotten.  MTV, radio stations across the country, Rolling Stone.....imagine what an ACTUAL release would garner.

Knowing how good it is would be accomplished by single play, press reviews, and word of mouth, of which there would be plenty.

I don't think you'd NEED media ads for promotion, depending on how they want to handle things....and the single and video could come at the same time as, or shortly following, the actual album drop.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 08:20:50 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JeDr
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2006, 08:35:36 AM »

The release, itself, is the promotion. It would get more than enough to accomplish the notification of it being out....hell, look at all the press a RUMORED release date has gotten.? MTV, radio stations across the country, Rolling Stone.....imagine what an ACTUAL release would garner.
Good point there! Would explain why they are so vaghue about it...see what reactions it causes and if nobody would care, drop promotion anyway. Now it seems like the media is giving them all the promotion they need for free and hyping it up from their site only causes more interest. Have a feeling we might indeed be surprised...soon? beer

JeDr
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

..andisn't Rollingstone out today anyway? peace
Should be according to the article...anybody has a scan of it already?

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 11:09:51 AM »

are you kidding we aint allowed to post a link to it never mind scan it in!!! peace

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Captaint
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2006, 11:23:12 AM »

Better in an advertisment???

http://strigl.wordpress.com/

Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2006, 11:27:57 AM »

Better in an advertisment???

http://strigl.wordpress.com/

The links do not add up.  You go to one, and it says to go to another.  You go to that one, and nothing there. 

Wild goose chase. no

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
Teapot
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2006, 11:33:19 AM »

Who thinks Jarmo is a bitch for disallowing anyone to post anything having to do with the Rolling Stone story? Jarmo, you fucking slavish automoton, how far up GNR's ass are you? You're just like the brain-dead sheep who follow Bush into the burning maw that has come dangerously close to ruining this country.
And for all of you little cunts who will come to his defense, do you think Jim Morrison or Hunter Thompson or even Axl would bow down and suck authority's dick like Jarmo is so eager to do?
Rebellion is dead in this fucking graveyard of conformity.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2006, 11:34:01 AM »

are you kidding we aint allowed to post a link to it never mind scan it in!!! peace

ah, i thought the issue was in getting the article before it had been published. Now that its out (presumably), i figured all would be ok. Rolling Stone magazine is huge. What difference would it make if one on the whole of the internet refused to acknowledge it ?peace

Besides, i thought Gn'R were on good terms with Rolling Stone magazine. They've appeared on the cover enough times ?peace
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2006, 11:35:24 AM »

Who thinks Jarmo is a bitch for disallowing anyone to post anything having to do with the Rolling Stone story? Jarmo, you fucking slavish automoton, how far up GNR's ass are you? You're just like the brain-dead sheep who follow Bush into the burning maw that has come dangerously close to ruining this country.
And for all of you little cunts who will come to his defense, do you think Jim Morrison or Hunter Thompson or even Axl would bow down and suck authority's dick like Jarmo is so eager to do?

that's some pretty heavy sh*t spoken there  hihi
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2006, 11:38:22 AM »

If this is how they are marketing the album, it is pretty lame.

"The Buzz"Huh   Ya there is zero buzz around casual fans.

The "Hardcore fans"  are going to buy regardless.

Mabey they spent to much money on producing this album, they have nothing left to market it with

If you dont like me, blow me!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2006, 11:44:52 AM »

shut the fuck up!
Jarmo does whatever he likes with his forum, and im sure there is a reason
why he has decided to not post this. So respect that or just get the fuck out of here.
This sure is a messageboard, and Jarmo have run it in a great way in 10 years now.
Like i say in my signature ....... but i still think there is a reason for this..
if you want to read it, just go to the main source...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2006, 11:48:30 AM »

"The Buzz"Huh? ?Ya there is zero buzz around casual fans.

The "Hardcore fans"? are going to buy regardless.

Mabey they spent to much money on producing this album, they have nothing left to market it with

There is not zero buzz.  If there was zero buzz you would not be hearing CD mentioned in the press, on MTV, and on radio stations across the country.

Together again,
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2006, 11:53:34 AM »

"The Buzz"Huh   Ya there is zero buzz around casual fans.

The "Hardcore fans"  are going to buy regardless.

There is not zero buzz. If there was zero buzz you would not be hearing CD mentioned in the press, on MTV, and on radio stations across the country.

Ya you got me there.....  Roll Eyes  It is true that any news out of the gunners camp gets reported regardless.

The lack of buzz, that I was talking about was that of the casual and non fan.   There is a ton of people out there that stopped listening to gun n roses in the 90's and havnt gone back.  A lot of people think Axl is a fag and the true band was around Slash.  Not my opionion, but that sharred by many old fans.

The UYI albums and AFD where sold manly off the success of hit singles and the general buzz of this kick ass rock band... 

No top single = No real Buzz which ='s No huge sales

If you dont like me, blow me!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2006, 12:59:38 PM »

Ya you got me there.....? Roll Eyes? It is true that any news out of the gunners camp gets reported regardless.

The lack of buzz, that I was talking about was that of the casual and non fan.? ?There is a ton of people out there that stopped listening to gun n roses in the 90's and havnt gone back.? A lot of people think Axl is a fag and the true band was around Slash.? Not my opionion, but that sharred by many old fans.

The UYI albums and AFD where sold manly off the success of hit singles and the general buzz of this kick ass rock band...?

No top single = No real Buzz which ='s No huge sales

I think SLC's point, and it's an opinion I share, is that all this media coverage of CD and GnR are going to raise them into the conciousness of the casual and non-fan (assuming they are music fans, or listen to music, in some form or another).? That's the begining of the buzz....

Then, you're right, they're going to have to either hear something off the album, or hear something ABOUT something off the album to compel them to purchase it.? But that doesn't need to get done BEFORE the album drops.? Again, look at Appetite.? All that stuff happened AFTER the album was released and it sold like gangbusters.

If people hear about it...that's enough for them to know it's out there.? Letting the music speak for itself, via word of mouth, reviews, and radio/DJ patter will get them to buy it.? IF thats what GnR is doing, it's a ballsy move, and speaks volumes about their (Axl's) confidence in the material....which, to you and me, should be good news, too.

Together again,
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2006, 01:07:51 PM »

you go to someone's house, you play by their rules. but i liked the 'burning maw' bit. very cormac mccarthy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: