Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:29:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Jeffrey Dahmer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeffrey Dahmer  (Read 2465 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« on: October 19, 2006, 09:26:24 AM »

Hey gunners,

I was reading a lot about Jeffrey Dahmer lately and I was wondering if you know some stuffs that I've maybe missed. Maybe some good serious books / movies about the subject (not something gore or idiotic).

I'm just curious about that whole case, and how a man doing such horrible things was able to go on without anybody figuring out what the fuck was going on !

I mean, I've read a lot about what he did, he was questionned many times by the police, but still, he never stopped.

I was watching an interview of him on YouTube and also an A&E documentary on the subject, and fuck he's scary. So calm, cultivated, polite and yet a fucking monster.

This is something that interest me a lot. It has nothing to do with some bizarre fascination or something, it's just that here (in Europe), we don't have a lot of examples of cases like that.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:23:47 PM »

problem is, european killers have a ball of a holiday because there is a mentality in europe where no one call the cops even if they see hear think something someone is weird, so killers continue on killing and until very recently, the scientific police did not exist and when it does, the department is so small and so lacking money that they don't bother unless it's a huge case with enormous proofs.

I don't know books about Dahmer, but type his name on Amazon.com search bar and you'll get almost all books about/on him.

He is cold, that's the case with many killers. Some act on impulse, some on well thought out plans. The first get sexual pleasure out of it, the second don't get any.

Nothing to say
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »

My grandma knew Jeff's mom. Good ol' Milwaukee...  Undecided   

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 03:18:13 PM »

Check out Wikipedia, or Google him.. I'd think there's alot on there.

I was 18 at the time, and yeah it was pretty diturbing.. I think his personality & calmness had alot to do with the fame (clean cut, blonde hair, nice guy) not your typical serial killer.

I saw a show on CourtTV a few months ago & they said most of his victims were gay. I never heard that before and certainly do not recall hearing that back then. If so, I think alot has to do with back in that era, a serial killer who mostly killed gays wouldn't have received as much media hype. That may be worth researching.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 05:12:50 PM »

I was in high school at the time and I'll never forget how I first heard about Dahmer.  One of the guys in the group I hung out with was an obscene liar who would tell the most ridiculous stories you can imagine (for example, he sat next to a farmer on an airplane once; no big deal, except that the farmer was accompanied his cow, a dozen chickens, and a couple of pigs... all roaming the aisles; also, the stewardess was milking the cow; this all occured in coach class).  The kid was clinically insane.

Anyway, one morning he comes in and starts telling us about a guy arrested for murder that cooked and ate his victims.  The rest of us, by now accustomed to his routine, just glance at each other, shake our heads and try to keep from laughing in his face.  I was only half-listening because I was reading my newspaper and then came across the Dahmer article.  I then blurted out, "Holy Shit, he's not lying this time!" 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 05:15:55 PM »

Check out www.CrimeLibrary.com

site is amazing for this kind of information.  Very thorough.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 05:24:10 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285728/

There was also a movie made back in 2002 about him.  I saw it some time ago.  Reading up on him would obviously be more comprehensive though-
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 06:04:50 PM »

Dahmer was basically a guys worst nitemare. Would talk you up in a bar and even if he thought you were straight, he would try and convince you to come to his home for drugs or something else he thought might sound cool. After he got a person back to his place they were in trouble.

Even in prison when surrounded by convicts Dahmer said he still fanticized about killing men. A very disturbing guy.
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »

he got beat to death in prison by a black guy who though he was the son of jesus.
dahmer also had a weird thing for darth vadar.
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 07:40:24 PM »

i hope it was a slow death for the stupid retarded fuck.
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 01:53:33 AM »

Dr. Park Dietz, the psychiatrist who first interviewed and profiled him, I recently had a chance to hear a lecture of his @ a law enforcement confrence, the things he had to tell us about Dahmer... wow. Although he was not the most notorious killer Dietz has come across. Anyone who is interested in this subject however; may I recomend any books by Dietz or Dr.Robert Hare (creator of the psychopath diagnosis in forensic psychology)

In my experence I have come across some true evil... thus have some horrific stories, none I would be comfortable posting online but I'll be at stitch if ur interested i just might let some out...  Undecided beer
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 01:57:44 AM »

Dr. Park Dietz, the psychiatrist who first interviewed and profiled him, I recently had a chance to hear a lecture of his @ a law enforcement confrence, the things he had to tell us about Dahmer... wow. Although he was not the most notorious killer Dietz has come across. Anyone who is interested in this subject however; may I recomend any books by Dietz or Dr.Robert Hare (creator of the psychopath diagnosis in forensic psychology)

In my experence I have come across some true evil... thus have some horrific stories, none I would be comfortable posting online but I'll be at stitch if ur interested i just might let some out...  Undecided beer

Sounds intense...what do you do for a living? Cop?  I can only imagine some of the shit you must have seen.  Undecided

MINDHUNTER by John Douglas is an excellent book on the FBI criminal profiling division....I highly recommend it.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 02:03:15 AM »

Great Read that book was... and yes i am
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 04:06:01 AM »

thus have some horrific stories, none I would be comfortable posting online but I'll be at stitch if ur interested i just might let some out...

If it's ok with you, I'm interested.

And I thank all of you for your comments & help. beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: