Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:30:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nerds In GNR Shirts....?!?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nerds In GNR Shirts....?!?  (Read 8159 times)
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2006, 11:18:40 AM »

what's really nerdy is when people are so shallow that they have to worry about what others wear. ?who gives a damn? ?wear what you like, and listen to what you like. ? if others who you deem as 'nerds' choose to wear or listen to what you like, and it causes you to question yourself, then you must be pretty weak. ?hihi

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2006, 11:19:14 AM »

Ok. I'm trying to stay calm here. Deep breaths. Count to 10. Picture the happy place, etc...

But whats with this thing with all the little skinny nerds in glasses and bad hair suddenly wearing Guns shirts? It happened over here (Scotland/the UK) a couple of years back - the rock look was in fashion and all the girls High Street fashion stores were selling wee girly Motorhead t-shirts. It was actually kind of cute. But lets, face it, none of them even knew who Motorhead were...

Now the same thing is happening with GNR. University term has just started. Sad wee nerds who were getting beat up in high school just a few months ago try to reinvent themselves for uni - grow the hair longer, buy the Doc Martins and german militarty jacket. And now, apparently, this 'uniform' also includes the GNR shirt.

None of these geeky, stammering speccy little tossbags know anything about GNR other than Sweet Child and maybe Paradice City.

Whats going on?

Make it stop.

University? 'Nerds?' Really? Jesus.

High school, maybe. But nerds? What are you then, a jock? (Get it?)

Bear in mind, the dirty rockers down at the rainbow that can't read or count much past ten would probably say the same about yourself dear boy, a scottish man of letters at the uni. You know. It's all subjective. One man's nerd is another mans...

... Dragon master. Err.

You do make a valid point, towards the end, but it is also kind of a redundant one; wear a shirt, not a fan, same old business. I mean, we all know about that trend anyway. Get over yourself.

I was abused by a black man once, maybe I should become a racist. A nerd? They clearly know nothing about the band! get sum real musik down ur throats you book freeks!!!1

Bloody hell.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 11:27:39 AM »

GN'R's music relates to people in many different levels. There are lots of different aspects to it. Shouldn't we want everyone to like GN'R? And how do you know they only know Sweet Child and PC? It's okay to get pissed at people that wear Guns stuff and only know 2 or 3 songs, but how do you know these "nerds" aren't rocking out to UYI and Lies when you're not around??

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2006, 11:32:33 AM »

Hell... rock music appeals to what the majority of the world regard as "nerds" nowadays.  They're the outcasts of society, much like all of the best rock stars.  Like Axl didn't fit into any of the groups he tried to get in with, neither do the "nerds" of the world.  Have you ever gone past the room when a bunch of 'em are playing Dungeons & Dragons?  Most of the time, they're also smoking pot and listening to rock music.  Like it or not, rock music is for nerds. ok

PS - GN'R are Rivers Cuomo from Weezer's favourite band.  He's the exact kind of "speccy twat" being talked about here.
daubs
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2006, 11:43:57 AM »

Ok. I'm trying to stay calm here. Deep breaths. Count to 10. Picture the happy place, etc...

But whats with this thing with all the little skinny nerds in glasses and bad hair suddenly wearing Guns shirts? It happened over here (Scotland/the UK) a couple of years back - the rock look was in fashion and all the girls High Street fashion stores were selling wee girly Motorhead t-shirts. It was actually kind of cute. But lets, face it, none of them even knew who Motorhead were...

Now the same thing is happening with GNR. University term has just started. Sad wee nerds who were getting beat up in high school just a few months ago try to reinvent themselves for uni - grow the hair longer, buy the Doc Martins and german militarty jacket. And now, apparently, this 'uniform' also includes the GNR shirt.

None of these geeky, stammering speccy little tossbags know anything about GNR other than Sweet Child and maybe Paradice City.

Whats going on?

Make it stop.

Arent you calling the kettle black here ?

Your posting ina forum around a load of guys/ girls who wear gnr shirts, may not know alot about them... so that therfore makes u a nerd as well?

i agree...also how pathetic do we all look on this board to a non-fan, somebody who thinks we are all obsessed about a band form the 80's... dont judge people, cuz they can do it right back to you. A few guys i know awhile back were talking about seeing an old guy walking down the street in an appetite shirt, and they talked about how he was a greaseball becase of it. I know alot of people who think gnr are a joke.
daubs
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2006, 11:45:38 AM »

also remember one thing, nerds rule the world. after high school, jocks get jobs at dairy queen, nerds become professors. remember that. (except for george bush).
SLCPUNK
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2006, 11:52:24 AM »

I'm one of them.

I occasionally wear GN'R shirts and I wear glasses.

/jarmo

Nerd.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2006, 11:53:26 AM »

Axl's respond to this would something simular to the chicago 92 rant...

stupid fuckin' thread btw...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2006, 12:01:58 PM »

also remember one thing, nerds rule the world. after high school, jocks get jobs at dairy queen, nerds become professors. remember that. (except for george bush).

That and 10 years ago, these guys were my heroes...

Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2006, 12:07:14 PM »

Ok, we're getting a bit bogged down in the nerd thing here. Maybe someone could suggest a nerd website or some other source of info about social inadequacy, etc. If I could find some kind of questionairre which could classify who is and isn't a nerd, I'll ask the next guy I see in a GNR shirt and settle this argument once and for all. Ie:

(1) Do you wear thick lensed specs with a sticking plaster holding them together after your last confrontation with your oldest nemesis, gravity ?
(2) Were you late to stop wearing short trousers to school?
(3) Dungeons and Dragons or Advanced Dungeons and Dragons?
(4) Who is your favourite Star Wars droid and why?
(5) I am scared of talking to girls. I agree: STRONGLY / MODERATELY / SLIGHTLY / NOT AT ALL.
(6) Does sir ?have a poster of a scanily clad japanese female anime character in his bedroom. Right next to the bed. Covered in clingfilm. So it simply wipes clean? Eh? Does he?!?

Just a thought.....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2006, 12:11:19 PM »

Ok, we're getting a bit bogged down in the nerd thing here. Maybe someone could suggest a nerd website or some other source of info about social inadequacy, etc. If I could find some kind of questionairre which could classify who is and isn't a nerd, I'll ask the next guy I see in a GNR shirt and settle this argument once and for all. Ie:

(1) Do you wear thick lensed specs with a sticking plaster holding them together after your last confrontation with your oldest nemesis, gravity ?
(5) I am scared of talking to girls. I agree: STRONGLY / MODERATELY / SLIGHTLY / NOT AT ALL.
(6) Does sir ?have a poster of a scanily clad japanese female anime character in his bedroom. Right next to the bed. Covered in clingfilm. So it simply wipes clean? Eh? Does he?!?

Just a thought.....

1) no my eyesight is good
2) never wore short trousers
3) I prefer AD&D to D&D but D&D is cool too its how i started but 3rd ed is better than both
4) Artoo cuz he's rebelious
5) Not anymore but i was in highschool
6) uh no

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2006, 12:18:58 PM »

(1) Nope
(2) Nope
(3) Advanced Dungeons and Dragons
(4) HK47 from Knights Of The Old Republic, because he doesn't realise how funny he is
(5) I agree: STRONGLY in school... since then, I've gotten a bit more confident.  Only a bit
(6) Nope, but I don't know what life would be like without Akira and Ghost In The Shell
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2006, 12:51:35 PM »

its just something that happens the ramones have been ripped off for years, you can now even buy fashion tops for live 8 which completely removes the point, but roling stones, sex pistols motorhead and gnr are now the popular ones

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2006, 01:11:32 PM »

Nice questions...

1) No
2) I don't even know what that question means.
3) Neither, my parents wouldn't let me play
4) R2D2, cause he's played by a midget
5) NOT AT ALL
6) Nada

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2006, 01:17:03 PM »

I can just see Oger from Alpha Beta.......

Neeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrddddsss!!!!!

Picking up the nerd and body slammin him for wearing a GNR shirt...

The more GNR shirts, the better.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2006, 01:21:51 PM »

Whats going on?

Make it stop.

Well, I wear glasses sometimes and I'm not a nerd. I was never picked on in high school either but I guess I am 6' 3'', 220 pounds, which doesn't make me super skinny. So I don't know if it's fair to make a standard for what a GN'R fan should look like. Looks don't mean shit and if someone wants to re-invent themselves after high school, then let them. Maybe HS sucked really bad for some people and they don't want that to continue through college??  I just don't see the point in caring what other people do at all. Just be worried about yourself and if some "nerdy" looking guy wants to wear a GN'R shit, even though you ASSUME he only knows two songs, let him. It's free advertising.

You know what I take that back. I do have what some would consider nerdy qualities. I love Star Wars, reading books, I study my ass off and get really good grades and I'm a musician, who spends a lot of days just writing music and playing with the band. A lot of people I know call that nerdy.  I think a lot of us have at least a little "nerd" in us. Fuck, it's better than being an idiot though.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2006, 01:41:14 PM »

(1) I have my contacts.
(2) I still wear them in summers.
(3) Dragon ballz? Huh
(4) Am I supposed to learn and remember all those names?
(5) I agree: MODERATELY  about some girls. nervous Those who'd send me angry mails when I don't agree with them.  hihi
(6) my ava? It's not an anime character.  Angry

I don't see anything too wrong with these?

I know alot of people who think gnr are a joke.

I don't know anyone who calls GN'R a joke.
the old axl look was recently in and many fans of a few certain TV stars wear GNR t-shirts because their idols often appear in GN'R tees. hihi yep pistols t is also quite popular.

No one who thinks gnr is a joke would wear GNR stuff.

Nerds >arrogant sods   ok

Nerd.

Nerd.   hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2006, 01:48:03 PM »

to use an axl phrase...I think you guys need to stop being "judgemental fuckheads" and stop analyzing everybody who wears a GNR shirt.  First off who are you to call these people "losers"?  What makes you such a cool guy?  I love seeing kids wearing GNR shirts...In 1992 I was a 10 year old kid walking around wearing GNR shirts, and I am sure that some 20 year old "judgemental fuckheads" probably had something to say about it..but there were no message boards back then for people to go on and bitch about pointless things....
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2006, 01:50:42 PM »

As for 'Nerds wearing GnR shirts'Huh Fair enough, if a nerd wants to wear their shirt. I say go for it. As long as it's not just a fashion statement.

I was thinking about that last part. I always wonder about that. I see places like Hot Topic selling classic AFD shirts and it makes me wonder. Obviously the target audience for Hot Topic and AFD are not the same. I wonder if it's some sort of attempt at a joke on their part.

Russ, I got my AFD shirt at Hot Topic.  They're the only store around here that sell those t-shirts.  I personally hate that store, but hey, I gotta get my shirts SOMEWHERE.
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2006, 01:51:05 PM »

how does wearing glasses make you a nerd by any mean. I myself wear contacts but think of some of the coolest people evr who have worn glasses...john lennon, tom petersson, ?buddy holly, elton john..I mean come on man, that was a pretty lame statement. And I also agree with others, what makes you not a nerd?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: