Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:26:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nerds In GNR Shirts....?!?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nerds In GNR Shirts....?!?  (Read 8143 times)
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »

Ok. I'm trying to stay calm here. Deep breaths. Count to 10. Picture the happy place, etc...

But whats with this thing with all the little skinny nerds in glasses and bad hair suddenly wearing Guns shirts? It happened over here (Scotland/the UK) a couple of years back - the rock look was in fashion and all the girls High Street fashion stores were selling wee girly Motorhead t-shirts. It was actually kind of cute. But lets, face it, none of them even knew who Motorhead were...
It was not cute; it was fucking annoying. Those girls would've run a mile from Lemmy...

SG
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 08:41:18 AM »

Damn I am being called a nerd all the time and I wear glasses, but I don't have a GN'R shirt ?no

This   is   Democracy!!!
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 08:41:32 AM »

I'll agree with the OP on the 'Motorhead' shirts being sold at girls stores.. Also, AC/DC made it big too, I remember seeing Brandee [sp?] wearing one a few years ago. That and CBGB shirts, I see girls here wearing their shirts brand spankin new who'd rather be clubbing listening to techno & rave or whatever you call it now than watch an underground rock band play.

As for 'Nerds wearing GnR shirts'Huh Fair enough, if a nerd wants to wear their shirt. I say go for it. As long as it's not just a fashion statement.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 08:41:51 AM »

Haha, yeah. ?Doesn't posting in an internet forum dedicated to your favourite band make you a nerd? ? hihi

GNRevolution... the missing link.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 09:12:08 AM »

As for 'Nerds wearing GnR shirts'Huh Fair enough, if a nerd wants to wear their shirt. I say go for it. As long as it's not just a fashion statement.

I was thinking about that last part. I always wonder about that. I see places like Hot Topic selling classic AFD shirts and it makes me wonder. Obviously the target audience for Hot Topic and AFD are not the same. I wonder if it's some sort of attempt at a joke on their part.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 09:13:54 AM »

urm, diversity?

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Evolution
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 09:24:23 AM »

I saw a guy in a yellow European tour t-shirt at my mate's halls of residence this past weekend.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 09:24:39 AM »

Ok. I'm trying to stay calm here. Deep breaths. Count to 10. Picture the happy place, etc...

But whats with this thing with all the little skinny nerds in glasses and bad hair suddenly wearing Guns shirts? It happened over here (Scotland/the UK) a couple of years back - the rock look was in fashion and all the girls High Street fashion stores were selling wee girly Motorhead t-shirts. It was actually kind of cute. But lets, face it, none of them even knew who Motorhead were...

Now the same thing is happening with GNR. University term has just started. Sad wee nerds who were getting beat up in high school just a few months ago try to reinvent themselves for uni - grow the hair longer, buy the Doc Martins and german militarty jacket. And now, apparently, this 'uniform' also includes the GNR shirt.

None of these geeky, stammering speccy little tossbags know anything about GNR other than Sweet Child and maybe Paradice City.

Whats going on?

Make it stop.

Who cares? ?What a dumb thread. ?
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 09:42:14 AM »

Now the same thing is happening with GNR. University term has just started. Sad wee nerds who were getting beat up in high school just a few months ago try to reinvent themselves for uni - grow the hair longer, buy the Doc Martins and german militarty jacket. And now, apparently, this 'uniform' also includes the GNR shirt.

None of these geeky, stammering speccy little tossbags know anything about GNR other than Sweet Child and maybe Paradice City.

Whats going on?

Make it stop.

Maybe what you're trying to say is that wearing a GNR tee was something that make you feel unique, make you feel special cause lets face it, here in forums like this we are hundreds of fans, but when in our everyday life we dont see people we dont know publicitizing GNR in any way.

We know why we love GNR, but if GNR becomes again a fashion as they were in the early 90's we will feel strange, cause GNR its something ours and we dont want a guy who heard knocking on heavens door once, that appear to be as fan as we are....

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 09:42:47 AM »

Axl wear a glasses when he was a kid.and he wear optic lens nowadays.
me myself wear a glasses. i dont cares if im nerds or not.
dumbest threads ever hihi.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 09:54:46 AM »

who cares who is wearing the GNR shirts?? what are we in high school agian?? calling kids losers based soley on how they look its kind of messed up...I am happy and proud to see anybody wear a GNR shirt...whethere they are losers or really cool guys like me  Smiley
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2006, 10:42:40 AM »

Hey! I'm a nerd, with bad hair and glasses and used to be far too skinny for my own good.

If you bothered to check these people some of them may even listen to the new stuff and have them as MP3's. "Madgascar"'s my favourite song of the decade, for example.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2006, 10:43:19 AM »

fight the nerds

They aren't nerds... they are gay.
I ment gay fashion people fighting nerds.
I guess?
(How do you know they are gay?)

It's a shot from the TV show "queer eye for the straight guy"

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »

i feel awkward at times when i wear my bad apples t shirt...but mostly i feel sweet

this is a song about your fucking mother!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2006, 10:52:09 AM »

fight the nerds

They aren't nerds... they are gay.

and your point!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 10:53:16 AM »

Its quite funny when some of the replies to my post have been asking, you know, maybe I meant this, or did I perhaps mean to say that?

No.

I think I made myself clear.

The problem thing here is that these kids - some of whom know nothing about the band - are wearing the shirts as a 'fashion' statement. Ok, some of them will be into the band. But all of a sudden, there are SO many here (in Glasgow) that its clearly about more than just ?the music.

I just get so angry sometimes.

The Cranky One
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 10:55:45 AM »

Its quite funny when some of the replies to my post have been asking, you know, maybe I meant this, or did I perhaps mean to say that?

No.

I think I made myself clear.

The problem thing here is that these kids - some of whom know nothing about the band - are wearing the shirts as a 'fashion' statement. Ok, some of them will be into the band. But all of a sudden, there are SO many here (in Glasgow) that its clearly about more than just ?the music.

I just get so angry sometimes.

The Cranky One

maybe you should be happy that gnr is getting more exposure hihi a real fan would be peace (sorry a kinda inside joke from the Nov 21st thread)

seriously though how do you know they don't know about the band Undecided

ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 11:12:46 AM »

Whats going on?

Make it stop.

why dont you get a life?  who gives a fuck who wears gnr shirts?  youre like one of those loser high school kids that are like... "wah wah, gnr is MY favorite band, not YOURS, boo hoo!"  you really are making yourself sound like a 15 year old.  maybe you are 15, in which case i appologize.  i personally dont wear any gnr shirts or any band member shirts for that matter, because i know people dont give a fuck what bands i like, and therefore dont feel the need to advertise, but thats just my preference...

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 11:15:10 AM »

seriously though how do you know they don't know about the band Undecided

Because nerds don't know anything about Guns N' Roses...   Roll Eyes

Nerds are the only ones who know what's been going on with the band lately, buddy.

Oh and Neemo, not new...  hihi

GNRevolution... the missing link.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2006, 11:16:45 AM »

If you bothered to check these people some of them may even listen to the new stuff and have them as MP3's. "Madgascar"'s my favourite song of the decade, for example.

I know what you mean... at Download right down the front there was a girl wearing a pink bikini, and looked like the last person you'd expect to see at a rock festival. ?On closer inspection, she was wearing an AFD pendant on her necklace, but we just thought, 'Oh god, she's gonna die when they start... she's probably only heard Sweet Child O' Mine'.
To everyone's surprise, she sang along to every song - including the new ones.

Moral of the story - just because people don't look the part, doesn't mean you know the first thing about what they're into.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: