Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nerds In GNR Shirts....?!?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nerds In GNR Shirts....?!?  (Read 8152 times)
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« on: October 18, 2006, 07:29:32 AM »

Ok. I'm trying to stay calm here. Deep breaths. Count to 10. Picture the happy place, etc...

But whats with this thing with all the little skinny nerds in glasses and bad hair suddenly wearing Guns shirts? It happened over here (Scotland/the UK) a couple of years back - the rock look was in fashion and all the girls High Street fashion stores were selling wee girly Motorhead t-shirts. It was actually kind of cute. But lets, face it, none of them even knew who Motorhead were...

Now the same thing is happening with GNR. University term has just started. Sad wee nerds who were getting beat up in high school just a few months ago try to reinvent themselves for uni - grow the hair longer, buy the Doc Martins and german militarty jacket. And now, apparently, this 'uniform' also includes the GNR shirt.

None of these geeky, stammering speccy little tossbags know anything about GNR other than Sweet Child and maybe Paradice City.

Whats going on?

Make it stop.
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 07:33:01 AM »

Take some pictures next time  ok

Like peeing clouds!
makane
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 07:35:38 AM »

fight the nerds

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 07:39:35 AM »

what to do?

hm, i guess we'll have to start handing out afd and illusion records to these sucker, maybe some of them will get their heads straight
T_Roxie
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 07:43:12 AM »

Im seeing a lot of peiople wearing GnR t-shirts too at uni(as in more than any other band), pretty weird.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 07:43:24 AM »

Tell them that Get In The Ring is GN'R's best and most famous song.? hihi

Seriously though, some of them may actually like GNR.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
fixintodie
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 07:43:36 AM »

Do you actually know for sure that these guys don't know anything about GNR? Or do you just want to be able to tell people what they can and can't wear, and to be able to handpick GNR's fanbase based on looks?
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 07:46:45 AM »

o man i've seen so many losers with gn'r shirts. makes me think alot about how i look: maybe i'm a nerd too, though i know i'm not!  too old for that i guess. but hey whatever, i've always been a true gn'r fan so no probs
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 07:46:53 AM »

What I want to "make it stop" is the assholes who are offended by people wearing shirts advertising a band that makes good music.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 07:48:09 AM »

Ok. I'm trying to stay calm here. Deep breaths. Count to 10. Picture the happy place, etc...

But whats with this thing with all the little skinny nerds in glasses and bad hair suddenly wearing Guns shirts? It happened over here (Scotland/the UK) a couple of years back - the rock look was in fashion and all the girls High Street fashion stores were selling wee girly Motorhead t-shirts. It was actually kind of cute. But lets, face it, none of them even knew who Motorhead were...

Now the same thing is happening with GNR. University term has just started. Sad wee nerds who were getting beat up in high school just a few months ago try to reinvent themselves for uni - grow the hair longer, buy the Doc Martins and german militarty jacket. And now, apparently, this 'uniform' also includes the GNR shirt.

None of these geeky, stammering speccy little tossbags know anything about GNR other than Sweet Child and maybe Paradice City.

Whats going on?

Make it stop.

Why do you care? Do you feel being a GnR fan defines who you are and thus they devalue that?

I dont care who wears the shirts, Im probably the biggest GnR fan I know and I hardly wear the t-shirts. Who cares.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 07:55:03 AM »

fight the nerds

They aren't nerds... they are gay.

makane
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 07:56:46 AM »

fight the nerds

They aren't nerds... they are gay.
I ment gay fashion people fighting nerds.
I guess?
(How do you know they are gay?)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
SharonM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 08:09:36 AM »

Ya know, alot of these kids may actually be GNR fans.
My son is 20 and in college, he was raised on GNR music and is just as much a fan as I am.
My 15 year old daughter also loves GNR.
So age has nothing to do with liking GNR, and someones looks has nothing to do with how much they like GNR, thats just crazy! Roll Eyes
I say GO PEOPLE wear those GNR tees.  ok

Sharon
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 08:21:11 AM »

I'm one of them.

I occasionally wear GN'R shirts and I wear glasses.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 08:23:29 AM »

For some reason many 'fans' go thru this phase of "i hate it how people wear the same t-shirts as me cos im obviously not as original as i thought"... at the end of the day who cares!!!!!!

I own a few band T-shirts, Aersomith and Guns n Roses, two bands Id say im as big a fan as u can be, but I also have a motley t-shirts, Kiss, Oasis, and Im a way lesser fan of them!!

The worst one is the Ramones at the moment but its cool asking the owner of the shirt their fave song as so many dont know a single one.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 08:25:55 AM »

I'd noticed the same thing at uni too although I wouldn't say they were nerds or anything, but it's just a general observation that I've seen a lot of people in GNR shirts recently girls and boys but it's always the white one with the GH logo on the front. It's probably on special offer at Topshop or something  hihi

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 08:30:20 AM »

I'm one of them.

I occasionally wear GN'R shirts and I wear glasses.

/jarmo

Same for me.  So please, stop me from wearing my GNR shirts... I'm gonna keep wearing my Cinderella shirt though!  ok

GNRevolution... the missing link.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 08:34:41 AM »

nerds or not nerds, small, tall, slim, fat, with glasses or withiout glasses, blond or dark haired or bald, teenagers or adults... Whoever! that's not important. We are all human beeings right?
I'm happy when somebody wears a GN'R tee-shirt. Whoever he/she is ok?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

Whats going on?

Make it stop.

Arent you calling the kettle black here ?

Your posting ina forum around a load of guys/ girls who wear gnr shirts, may not know alot about them... so that therfore makes u a nerd as well?

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
SammyD1st
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 08:37:53 AM »

Oh come on, doesn't anyone remember that scene in Can't Hardly Wait (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0127723/)?   The scene where the nerd is transformed into a cool guy through the rockin' power of Paradise City is pretty much the whole reason I'm a GnR fan.

- SammyD1st
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: