Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 04:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Seeing the band live or Chinese Democracy?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seeing the band live or Chinese Democracy?  (Read 7625 times)
Bono
« on: October 17, 2006, 10:27:07 PM »

O.k. I'm just wondering what people's prefrence is. Would you rather see the band live on this current tour or have Chinese Democracy released? I'm asking because I get the impression that some people would rather see the band live than hear Chinese Democracy based on some of the posts I've read. For me personally I'd say screw the tour if it ment the album. If the tour ment no album I'd want nothing to do with them touring.
fixintodie
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 10:28:34 PM »

I guess there would be no album without a tour. Although GNR have proved that the reverse is not always true...

I'd prefer C.D. but that's easy for me to say, having already seen the band this year.
EFISH
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 10:30:51 PM »

The album, for sure.

As much as I want to see them live, and how excited I am for next week.....

That would last 2 hours...
The CD would last my whole life...
!!!

(p.s this is a dead horse subject) Wink
Bono
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 10:31:24 PM »

I guess there would be no album without a tour. Although GNR have proved that the reverse is not always true...

I'd prefer C.D. but that's easy for me to say, having already seen the band this year.

Me too I've seen the band this year and at the coolest venue(Hammerstein) but even still I'd rather have the album than seeing them live. The album is somthing that you can take with you forever. A live show is awesome but at the end of the day all your left with is blurred memories hihi
Bono
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 10:32:55 PM »

The album, for sure.

As much as I want to see them live, and how excited I am for next week.....

That would last 2 hours...
The CD would last my whole life...
!!!

(p.s this is a dead horse subject) Wink

ha! We basically said the same thing EFISH. If it's dead horse than oh well. No biggie. Not like it's an overly inspired thread hihi
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 10:33:05 PM »

I've never seen them live, but I think I'd rather have the album. Now if this were a question of seeing the AFD lineup together IN THEIR PRIME, then I'd say the opposite. The new guys are great and all, but the youth and danger isn't there anymore with Axl (although he's still an amazing singer and performer).
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 10:33:36 PM »

i would prefer seeing them live, i didnt saw them, im afraid they play too much new songs if they come to south america, i want to hear all the classics first
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 10:36:38 PM »

I saw them in Vegas...so I would have to go with CD.

(My semicolon isnt working  Shocked )
fixintodie
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 10:37:43 PM »

Me too I've seen the band this year and at the coolest venue(Hammerstein) but even still I'd rather have the album than seeing them live. The album is somthing that you can take with you forever. A live show is awesome but at the end of the day all your left with is blurred memories hihi

And a stack of bootlegs. 

Shocked

Did I say that?
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 10:38:01 PM »

You don't need a semicolon for that statement. You need a comma.
EFISH
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 10:38:35 PM »

You don't need a semi-colon for that statement. You need a comma.
Copy a comma from someones post, and then paste it hihi
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 10:39:19 PM »

That is so fuckin easey.
The album,for sure.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Bono
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 10:40:51 PM »

I've never seen them live, but I think I'd rather have the album. Now if this were a question of seeing the AFD lineup together IN THEIR PRIME, then I'd say the opposite. The new guys are great and all, but the youth and danger isn't there anymore with Axl (although he's still an amazing singer and performer).

hihi See I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to start a pissing match between old and new. If I could see the original lineup at the Roxy or Troubador that would trump my desire for Chinese Democracy. yes
Steel_Angel
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 10:45:22 PM »

seeing the (greatest fucking) band LLIIVVVEE
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 10:46:14 PM »

Chinese Democracy!! I've seen this band live twice and it's time for CD. I could be persuaded to pick seeing the band live if they got Buckethead back. This band is really just a cover band though until they get Chinese Democracy out. They are a killer cover band though, especially when they had the KFC one on guitar.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 10:49:17 PM »

I think it's great that they're touring... a lot of fans didn't get to see them last time around and I think Axl and co. are really trying to make up for that now. I think once the band has hit the places that were cancelled last time, It will be time for CD.  Cool
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 10:50:12 PM »

seeing the (greatest fucking) band LLIIVVVEE

So the old band or the new band?

Bono on your lats 3 post you have bring up the OLD VS NEW band shit.
Give a break. ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Bono
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 10:52:17 PM »

I think it's great that they're touring... a lot of fans didn't get to see them last time around and I think Axl and co. are really trying to make up for that now. I think once the band has hit the places that were cancelled last time, It will be time for CD.? Cool

I agree because they really seem to be hitting a lot of odd ball places as well as places that were skipped last time. Hopefully when you say "places that were cancelled last time" You don't mean Philly and Vancouver. If we have to wait for those places to get shows than we might be waiting for CD for a very long time. Actually I should say a very longer time ?hihi
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 10:54:10 PM »

At this point, I'm pretty convinced that this album is never coming out. ?I have tickets to the Minneapolis show and I'm nervous that the tour won't last that long. ?This will be my 5th GNR show (2nd with the "new" band) and it will be the very first time that I will be on the floor...WITH GENERAL ADMISSION. ?So, since I don't think the albums ever coming out anyway, I guess my answer is...LIVE.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 10:56:27 PM »

I think it's great that they're touring... a lot of fans didn't get to see them last time around and I think Axl and co. are really trying to make up for that now. I think once the band has hit the places that were cancelled last time, It will be time for CD.  Cool

I agree because they really seem to be hitting a lot of odd ball places as well as places that were skipped last time. Hopefully when you say "places that were cancelled last time" You don't mean Philly and Vancouver. If we have to wait for those places to get shows than we might be waiting for CD for a very long time. Actually I should say a very longer time  hihi

Haha, I meant places that were cancelled after the last riot. A lot of fans seemed disapointed and Gn'R are hitting some places that they've never played before(Or haven't played in a long time) and I think thats great, If you told me 4 months ago Gn'R would come to my state I would have fell over laughing.  rofl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: