Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  hip hop influence in some of chinese democracy songs?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: hip hop influence in some of chinese democracy songs?  (Read 3451 times)
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: October 17, 2006, 03:09:21 PM »

in some of the songs in the upcoming album i have noticed that there are some hip hop influences in songs such as madagascar and there was a time? if im rong plz correct me... although the hip hop influence would attract a wider audience in the US.. as the main genres are hip hop rap and rock!! dont u fink?Huh and plus axl rose does dance like a hip hop artist nowadays anyways..which is coooooooooool. and he likes rap and hip hop music to!! ROCK N RAP N ROLLL AXL and GNR! peace Wink
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 03:16:38 PM »

OMGZ. SOO COOOLZ. AXXL DANCEZ SOO 'MAZING

Sorry, i beg to differ.

I don't think it's hip hop influenced really.

Unless you call the intro drumming to 'better' hip hop. Which i don't.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 03:20:25 PM »

OMGZ. SOO COOOLZ. AXXL DANCEZ SOO 'MAZING

Sorry, i beg to differ.

I don't think it's hip hop influenced really.

Unless you call the intro drumming to 'better' hip hop. Which i don't.

"There's a lot of hip-hop beats" - Axl Rose (MTV, 1999)
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 03:23:03 PM »

IRS definately has a hip-hop beat
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:23:25 PM »

TWAT most certainly does in the intro
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 03:23:45 PM »

wat would u call it thenn??? cuz its complety different to the drumming intro to you could be mine or jungle?? :S:S he even said it himself when he a interview with kurt loder back in 1999..that there has been sum hip hop influences made by himself on the album? the link is on this site!!
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »

"There's a lot of hip-hop beats" - Axl Rose (MTV, 1999)

"But if someone says, "Hip-hop beats," what do you mean by that? Well, Radiohead uses beats that are similar to hip-hop beats. There's actual, "official" hip-hop beats and then there's "Radiohead-style" hip-hop beats, there's rock beats"
Axl Rose (MTV, 1999)

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 03:24:44 PM »

lol booker floydd remembers the interview in 1999
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 03:25:34 PM »

there must be sum kind of influence then?Huh
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 03:28:09 PM »

Well I guess hip hop is still in, so probably.

Not nearly as much industrial, 'cause it's not.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 03:28:13 PM »

Loder: This "End of Days" track, "Oh My God," is real, real different. Have you been listening to [or] working with samples and stuff a lot? Has your whole musical approach changed?

Rose: No, not a lot, no. Basically, [I'm] listening to everything that's out there as far as music goes. That was a big difference between myself and Slash and Duff, isthat I didn't hate everything new that came out. I really liked the Seattle movement. I like White Zombie. I like Nine Inch Nails, and I like hip-hop. I don't hate everything. I don't think everybody should be worshiping me 'cause I was around before them
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 03:28:20 PM »

in some of the songs in the upcoming album i have noticed that there are some hip hop influences in songs such as madagascar and there was a time? if im rong plz correct me... although the hip hop influence would attract a wider audience in the US.. as the main genres are hip hop rap and rock!! dont u fink?Huh and plus axl rose does dance like a hip hop artist nowadays anyways..which is coooooooooool. and he likes rap and hip hop music to!! ROCK N RAP N ROLLL AXL and GNR! peace Wink

Using a drum loop doesn't make it hip-hop influenced. I don't really see it.
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 03:30:24 PM »

Loder: Have you actually brought in any hip-hop guys to sort of, like, examine the roots of the rhythm now? Has Dr. Dre stopped by or anything?

Rose: No, we haven't done anything like that. It's been thought of, but it's kind of [like] we would really be wasting somebody else's time, as we're trying to figure out how to develop this ourselves. Maybe if it were to get closer to, say, mastering or mixing, maybe there could be something someone else could add to it.

sooo im sure there has been an influence?Huh? and shq o neil did freestyle wid dem one timee..he must have said yo axl throw sum hip hop beatss.. and maybe axl did and mayyybeee axl likeddd it!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 03:32:49 PM »

yeah most of the new songs have a hip hop style drum beat, but that is where it ends...these songs are pure rock...
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 03:35:44 PM »

yer obviously its gona be pure rock because if it wasnt rockkk den i guess it would be crap and it woulnd be gnr and den slash and co would definately laugh... i jus fink axl is mixing everythin in together and blending diffferent music togetherrr the guitars sound great and the drumms..and it has to be rockkk n rolll duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh axl aint stupiddd! fuckin genius..hes also a very clever artist and not a thick knob.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 04:17:02 PM »

its gonna be more of a rock record than previously thought. my guess anyway

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »

Well brain uses hip hop style beats sometimes doesn't he? Undecided

Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »

brain looks abit like a hip hop drummmerr hes veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy goood
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 04:30:33 PM »

yer obviously its gona be pure rock because if it wasnt rockkk den i guess it would be crap and it woulnd be gnr and den slash and co would definately laugh... i jus fink axl is mixing everythin in together and blending diffferent music togetherrr the guitars sound great and the drumms..and it has to be rockkk n rolll duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh axl aint stupiddd! fuckin genius..hes also a very clever artist and not a thick knob.

why do you spell like youre in preschool?  i honestly dont think youre that awful at spelling, or else you probably wouldnt be intelligent enough to operate a computer, so my guess is, you are just spelling like a fool to make it difficult for readers on the forum to understand you?  i dont understand. 

anyway, back on topic...

no, i really wouldnt consider the new songs hip hop influenced.  a few songs such as I.R.S., Madagascar, and TWAT have what could maybe pass as brief "hip hop beats" in the intros, but what really is a "hip hop beat"?  many of the beats used on hip hop tracks we're already recorded live in the 70's on rock tunes such as When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. 

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 04:31:18 PM »

wat would u call it thenn??? cuz its complety different to the drumming intro to you could be mine or jungle??

So, the only alternatives are Welcome to the Jungle, You Could Be Mine, and hip-hop beats? ?Roll Eyes That leaves a few things out, I think.

Obviously the musical landscape has changed a lot since 1999. At that point there was a lot less electronica influence in the mainstream, and drum machine beats were still much more associated with rap, even though there were people like Portishead, Garbage, etc. using beats at the time. I imagine that is the separation between authentic hip-hop and "Radiohead" beats that he was trying to make in the interview - he just isn't saying it that clearly.

For the record, I don't think there will be a hip-hop influence on CD, but I'm sure that they are taking advantage of whatever modern-sounding technologies seem appropriate.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: