Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:25:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 166357 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #840 on: October 15, 2006, 11:59:16 PM »

Sure, I know all that. I'm not saying we should trust the man, but if there's anything we should listen to, it's his statements. After all, the release comes down to him.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
GeraldFord
« Reply #841 on: October 16, 2006, 12:00:57 AM »

As far as I know, 2006 has been the ONLY year when he said it would come out, this year.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #842 on: October 16, 2006, 12:04:17 AM »

Sure, I know all that. I'm not saying we should trust the man, but if there's anything we should listen to, it's his statements. After all, the release comes down to him.

I know, I'm just saying it's not like people had no reason to expect CD the past few years. He did say it was close to being released in 1999 in spite of later claims.

I definitely think this is the closest we've gotten and it's happening now or never.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #843 on: October 16, 2006, 12:11:38 AM »

As far as I know, 2006 has been the ONLY year when he said it would come out, this year.

No, in 2002 he said the album would come out in 2003... and I'm sure that was their plan, just like the plan is to release the album this year, but we know things don't always run so smoothly!

He also said at Rio (I think): "We'll be back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs!" and "See you this summer!" at MSG.

So the excitement is here right now, I just hope it doesn't crash and burn like it has before.  The "tight-lipped" nature of the GN'R camp doesn't really help to settle that uneasiness, especially with the moved dates and only 2 and a half months until year end.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #844 on: October 16, 2006, 12:18:37 AM »

It could though be argued that this is the only time he's said it will be out this year, several times.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #845 on: October 16, 2006, 01:01:04 AM »

Poor Axl/Dougie/Merck.  Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

The fans demand that they speculate, but if they do, and it doesn't come to pass, there's hell to pay.  But if they don't say anything, or just tell the truth -- 'it will be finished when it's finished' -- the fans lambast them and demand a date.  And if the date doesn't come to pass...   

It's a vicious circle and a no-win situation. 

The fans can bitch and say: "We want new GNR music!", but not "We want to know a date!"
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #846 on: October 16, 2006, 12:00:33 PM »

21st ..is it true or is it false? ..do we have any more info  peace
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #847 on: October 16, 2006, 12:03:43 PM »

..whats with the obsession with Tuesdays. If Gn'R wanted to release an album on a Friday, could they? would they be allowed?? peace we are talking about Gn'R here. If Axl said to the management it's either the 1st Tuesday of March 2007 or the 1st Friday of November 2006 do you think management would opt for the 1st Tuesday of March, no i don't think so? hihi
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #848 on: October 16, 2006, 12:08:49 PM »

..whats with the obsession with Tuesdays. If Gn'R wanted to release an album on a Friday, could they? would they be allowed?? peace we are talking about Gn'R here. If Axl said to the management it's either the 1st Tuesday of March 2007 or the 1st Friday of November 2006 do you think management would opt for the 1st Tuesday of March, no i don't think so? hihi

It has to do with the Billboard charts, I think.  They count sales for a week starting on Tuesday. so if a band releases an album on a Friday it's only selling for half of a week and might not get the number one slot on the chart.
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #849 on: October 16, 2006, 12:19:04 PM »

Here is a timeline of all the times i dumbly felt Chinese Democracy was close to being released:

Early 1999: I hear reports that GNR are releasing a track on the End of Days soundtrack. I am extremely excited at the news.

Summer 1999: Rumors run rampant GNR will play Woodstock 1999. I am ecstatic, but it turned out to just be a rumor.

Fall 1999: Oh My God gets airplay on the radio and the soundtrack is released. I like what i hear and feel progress has been made on Chinese Democracy.

December 2000 - January 2001: GNR play Vegas and RNR. I get to hear new songs, see the new band I couldnt be happier. I am saying to myself this has got to be the year, why else would he come out of hiding.

December 2001: Well i guess the only reason he decided to play was to get some practice for the band another year of feeling close to a release but again nothing.

September 2002: I am completely shocked to see GNR at the MTV awards as i wasnt reading the boards much around that time. I rewound that performance a million times on my tivo and called all my friends, everyone was so excited. Even though he gave an interview afterwards saying that CD was not done I felt the release was closer than ever before(not 4+ more years away).

October 2002: Tour dates are announced with the headline Chinese Democracy Starts Now. I go insane excited at being able to see GNR live for the first time i quickly pick up tix for the Detroit & Cleveland shows. I am thinking to myself even though CD isnt released its going to be soon to follow on the heels of the tour.

November 2002: Awesome shows but half full venues (at the shows i attended), I couldnt believe it. The band hadnt toured the US in 9 years, you would think people would come out and see them. But still was thinking the album was closer than ever to being released.

2003: Nothing

2004: Nothing

2005: Nothing

2006: PLenty of action in the GNR camp. Axl doing interviews, performing all shows on the European tour. GNR getting ready to tour the US again. I couldnt be happier. Axl also gave a release date of "before the end of the year".

I am as excited as the next fan but, just because we are closer than ever it doesnt really mean anything because with Axl what is close?

P.S. I have a bad feeling about this tour, The Detroit show was heavily promoted on all radio channels and the tix did not sell well on saturday. They needed a release date yesterday because they are going to be playing to empty houses.

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #850 on: October 16, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »

It's weird, back when the Euro tour started, i thought DEFINITELY album in fall.

I have a horrible niggling thing at the back of my head thinking that someone or something will delay this album further.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #851 on: October 16, 2006, 12:34:10 PM »

It's weird, back when the Euro tour started, i thought DEFINITELY album in fall.

I have a horrible niggling thing at the back of my head thinking that someone (Axl) will delay this album further.

There, fixed.
estranged.1098
« Reply #852 on: October 16, 2006, 12:41:35 PM »

There, fixed.

If you decide to edit other people's posts at least remove their name from it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #853 on: October 16, 2006, 12:48:20 PM »

Why axl? he must be the one who's most eager to release it.

It could though be argued that this is the only time he's said it will be out this year, several times.

he's said it's absolutely this year a few time.
unsure if this is the only time it's so absolute as I wasn't here till 2003.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #854 on: October 16, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »

There, fixed.

If you decide to edit other people's posts at least remove their name from it.
Take a pill? Roll Eyes? ?The dig was against Axl NOT the poster.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #855 on: October 16, 2006, 01:14:37 PM »

2004:  Guns N' Roses announce they are going to headline Rock in Rio 4, the album must be soon.  Last minute cancellation!

2005: This is the year of Guns N' Roses.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #856 on: October 16, 2006, 01:39:07 PM »

It has to do with the Billboard charts, I think.? They count sales for a week starting on Tuesday. so if a band releases an album on a Friday it's only selling for half of a week and might not get the number one slot on the chart.
Yes, that's part of the reason. Also, it's just the way the schedule works. The entire system (shipping, merchandising, advertising) revolves around the Tuesday release date. While it's possible they could drop ship on a Friday, it would require a lot of additional legwork and adverising to get the message out.

And one other note. Cross November 5th off the list of possible Tuesdays for release.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #857 on: October 16, 2006, 01:46:33 PM »

It has to do with the Billboard charts, I think.? They count sales for a week starting on Tuesday. so if a band releases an album on a Friday it's only selling for half of a week and might not get the number one slot on the chart.
Yes, that's part of the reason. Also, it's just the way the schedule works. The entire system (shipping, merchandising, advertising) revolves around the Tuesday release date. While it's possible they could drop ship on a Friday, it would require a lot of additional legwork and adverising to get the message out.

And one other note. Cross November 5th off the list of possible Tuesdays for release.

Umm, November 5th is a Sunday, not a Tuesday. Do you mean December 5th? If so, why should that day be crossed off as a possible release date?

Raven
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #858 on: October 16, 2006, 02:13:39 PM »

I'm curious about something.  Axl supposedly said to RS regarding the songs on the upcoming CD "Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."
Now these are the songs that "leaked" and they have been playing them on tour.  Would you put your favorite songs out there before the CD has been released? Or would you hold them for the CD release?  Or is it.. if you think these songs are great wait until you hear the CD?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #859 on: October 16, 2006, 02:15:12 PM »

2004:  Guns N' Roses announce they are going to headline Rock in Rio 4, the album must be soon.  Last minute cancellation!

2004:  The cancellation was made a good couple of months before the show, due to an untimely departure of an incomparable guitarists. 

Angry previous to this, GH was released in spite of the very artists disapproval and fans petition, which hindered the new release.

Angry Shortly after the above GH suit, two of former members filed a lawsuit against Axl over publishing rights, which was finally withdrawn after counterclaimed on the 5th of may 2006.

so I wasn't here till 2004, after all. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: