Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 166501 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #800 on: October 15, 2006, 11:44:52 AM »

I dunno what the plan is anymore here...Relative to the Jay-Z argument we've been having in the other thread, his new video debuts on Monday and his record is released on the 21st.  Now, here we are talking about a similar timeframe for GNR, yet I see not so much as a stillshot from a videoshoot or any rumblings at all about a single, for that matter.  This thing is not just going to drop out of the sky here.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #801 on: October 15, 2006, 11:49:37 AM »

If there's no announcement this week, then I really believe 2006 is out of the question - or November at least, and I can't see them releasing this thing after the Christmas rush.  no

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #802 on: October 15, 2006, 12:30:56 PM »

If there's no announcement this week, then I really believe 2006 is out of the question - or November at least, and I can't see them releasing this thing after the Christmas rush.? no

Everyone has been saying since the end of the European Tour - "I expect we'll see an announcement before the end of the week"
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #803 on: October 15, 2006, 12:39:26 PM »

do you think maybe,  if this is this remotely possible,  this is just a crazy conspiracy theory of course, but remember the footage they shot at one of the  shows awhile ago? could be for a video.

robots.
EFISH
« Reply #804 on: October 15, 2006, 12:41:32 PM »

do you think maybe,  if this is this remotely possible,  this is just a crazy conspiracy theory of course, but remember the footage they shot at one of the  shows awhile ago? could be for a video.

they film every single show ok
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #805 on: October 15, 2006, 12:53:57 PM »

I'd say its a very good chance that the first video (if the song is one of the leaks) - will be all live footage.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #806 on: October 15, 2006, 12:56:27 PM »

I Agree.
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #807 on: October 15, 2006, 06:40:13 PM »

What if every time Axl thinks we're close to figuring it out or hears a rumour of a release date he pulls some strings and shifts it, just to fuck with our heads?   

That'll teach us for rumour mongering!  Evil genius!

My bet's on late November Wink
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #808 on: October 15, 2006, 06:42:51 PM »

they film every single show ok

They seem to have been filming everything for a long time. ?They've probably got enough for a substantial documentary. ?

Don't forget Axl's love affair with animation, too. ?If they've got the budget, maybe some surprises there. ?But live would certainly be cheaper.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #809 on: October 15, 2006, 06:49:08 PM »

And seeing as I typed this out as a reply to yet another disappearing thread, the extremely short-lived 'Release Date Petition' (which was admittedly pretty lame), I'll post it here:

I would think that the problem is with announcing the date is that they don't know it yet themselves.  With all the stuff they have to have in place, they're going to want to be sure everything is done.  There would be hell to pay if they announced a date and couldn't meet it.
AtariLegend
« Reply #810 on: October 15, 2006, 06:54:45 PM »

And seeing as I typed this out as a reply to yet another disappearing thread, the extremely short-lived 'Release Date Petition' (which was admittedly pretty lame), I'll post it here:

I would think that the problem is with announcing the date is that they don't know it yet themselves. With all the stuff they have to have in place, they're going to want to be sure everything is done. There would be hell to pay if they announced a date and couldn't meet it.

That was my petition!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #811 on: October 15, 2006, 06:56:53 PM »

I would think that the problem is with announcing the date is that they don't know it yet themselves.

Precisely.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #812 on: October 15, 2006, 07:13:44 PM »

Merck actually said that the album will be out before Christmas anyways.
When did Merck say that?? Because the September 29th Press Release says this:

"As for Guns N' Roses forthcoming "Chinese Democracy" album the only comment at this time is that there are 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year".

There would be hell to pay if they announced a date and couldn't meet it.
If they announced a date and couldn't meet it, I think all we'd get is alot of "Typical of GNR" comments.? Just ask the peoples in Jacksonville and Nashville.? Undecided

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #813 on: October 15, 2006, 07:17:33 PM »

I think its essential a single and release date are forthcoming pre-tour

there's still enough time for promotion for a late November release but that window of opportunity is becoming narrower by the hour. An announcement this week then?

I still have faith that CD is coming this year  ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #814 on: October 15, 2006, 07:37:22 PM »

If there's no announcement this week, then I really believe 2006 is out of the question - or November at least, and I can't see them releasing this thing after the Christmas rush.? no

Everyone has been saying since the end of the European Tour - "I expect we'll see an announcement before the end of the week"

Well said, Nick.  Everyone just needs to chill out.  I happen to think that the announcement will just come out of nowhere.  I think we should all stop saying things like "Wait - 8+1=9, Axl's favorite number.  It must be the 19th."  Please.  Just stop.  Maybe it's just because I'm SO tired of all the rumors, but I just wish everyone would stop the stupid speculation, like "oh, there's going to be a commercial.  The lights will dim, and then you'll hear Axl say "Chinese Democracy!".

STOP already.  It's not going to happen.  I've said it before:  I can't speak for outside the U.S., but how many commercials for albums have you ever seen?  I can think of one:  U2.  The only other ones that exist are some shitty commercials for a band's greatest hits where it says "Call now!  Operators are standing by!"
AtariLegend
« Reply #815 on: October 15, 2006, 07:39:44 PM »

Don't worry people once Axl reads my petition, we'll know.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:10:41 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
flickn
« Reply #816 on: October 15, 2006, 08:16:38 PM »

Not a single thing would go right or as " expected " and you guys would still bite on anything AXl does .When as a brotherhood will we say enough's enough ?
gnrfunkel
Opening Act

It's gotta be your bull...

« Reply #817 on: October 15, 2006, 08:27:52 PM »

I'm sure as hell not making a new thread about this, but I was passing through San Angelo, TX this morning and the DJ said Axl Rose has announced that CD is coming out in November.? The station is 101.9 The Fire.? They probably just misinterpreted the last press release, but I thought I'd relay what I heard.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #818 on: October 15, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »

Not a single thing would go right or as " expected " and you guys would still bite on anything AXl does .When as a brotherhood will we say enough's enough ?

Something new coming out one of these years may help a little.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #819 on: October 15, 2006, 08:29:47 PM »

I'm sure as hell not making a new thread about this, but I was passing through San Angelo, TX this morning and the DJ said Axl Rose has announced that CD is coming out in November.  The station is 101.9 The Fire.  They probably just misinterpreted the last press release, but I thought I'd relay what I heard.

LOL. Yeah, I think he probably either misinterpreted the press release or he saw the Rolling Stone thing.

I'm actually in Lubbock at Texas Tech. Just curious, but why were you passing through San Angelo? LOL.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: