Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 164865 times)
benchiefjr
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2006, 02:30:01 PM »

Hate to even suggest this but......if this has leaked, will it change the date if it was planned for release?
...i doubt it, because then everyone would be pissed if they moved it back AGAIN!  confused confused
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2006, 02:31:39 PM »

Hate to even suggest this but......if this has leaked, will it change the date if it was planned for release?
...i doubt it, because then everyone would be pissed if they moved it back AGAIN!? confused confused

Wouldn't they move it UP though? I thought that's happened before....

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2006, 02:32:15 PM »

...i doubt it, because then everyone would be pissed if they moved it back AGAIN!? confused confused

Wouldn't they move it UP though? I thought that's happened before....

It'll get leaked but it won't be until at least the Friday before, maybe Monday if they ship it then.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2006, 02:32:29 PM »

Exactly. ?Even if it isn't true well now they should use that day. ?Otherwise RS are really going to look like a bunch of morons for putting that in print even as a rumor-
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2006, 02:33:13 PM »

Spot on dude.

You know, sometimes fans on this board get the whole "quit your bitching and whining" routine thrown at them unfairly. Some sensitive fans just put discussions like these on the same rotten level as discussions about Axl's "bad looks" or how the "old GN'R is better" ?This is something, which I think, is not done justly. Some of us actually give more than a damn about this record outside of our own personal spectrum.

This record has cost Geffen 13 million dollars. Since 1997 Axl and the band have worked vigorously to make this record the best it can be. Axl has put his credibility and career at stake in making this record. This is not just your casual album. I want this record to succeed in every way possible. I want this record to silence the doubters and awaken those who have left GN'R in their past.

If this album is going to be released then it's gotta be done right. This cannot be done in a half-ass manner. I care enough about this band's effort to suggest the best ways to make the tour's and album's presence as stunning and electrifying as it can be. If you all other fans are satisfied with mediocre promotional efforts and want to take whatever comes to you then fine, but I in the other hand want this band's hard work to be payed off with an enigmatic, illustrious response that will raise the spirit of Guns N' Roses to the highest plateau.

This is why some people keep things here on a 'real world' point of view. I am just sick of those who bash and disdain Axl Rose or Guns N' Roses. If things are done right, then these people can be shown what the real essence of Chinese Democracy really is.

Now, I personally am gratified to hear these 'news'. I would be more than happy for the album to be released on this date, but I can also understand the concerns of others. This concern cannot just be paralleled ?with bitching and moaning. You gotta look at the big picture here.

This band deserves to be demonstrated at its full potential.

AMEN.

The people who get referred to as "bitches" on this board are only trying to point out that strategically there is a much better way to do things that maximizes, rather than minimizes GNR's impact when they make their return.

To put your faith blindly in management after the series of poor business and promotion judgments they continue to make is not sensible. They have shown nothing in 5 years of the bands return that should make anyone on this board feel confident they really know what they are doing.

We "bitches" don't want to see the band suffer or fail because they have a management team with the business acumen of a 5 year old.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2006, 02:34:14 PM »

No, one day the realese date it will be know anyway...

We can espect the album leak any moment.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »

Why does everyone think Jay Z will sell so much?
His comeback CD? Where did he go?

There are a LOT of other countries besides the US.
Rap is not nearly as big anywhere else as in the States.
Thank God.

And once again, it seems to be my point in every post, but:
Why does it matter what the public thinks?!
I'll be way too happy to have a copy of Chinese Democracy in my CD player to read some damn billboard charts.

Rap/Hip-Hop is the main genre here in UK, unfortunately.

hiphop might be the main genre on mtv, but it?s not that big in germany in general.......

i can`t describe how wholeheartedly i agree with jarmo by the way.....  some of you guys are so fuckin`ridiculous...

i doubt there are many people who have to choose between jay-z and gnr?s new album.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2006, 02:35:44 PM »

I think this is great news. Especially, ?that it came from Rollingstone a very credible magezine. ?I hope the band gives an official date tomorrow on the website. ?
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2006, 02:36:39 PM »

If this is true then we HAVE to hear something within the next couple weeks. My guess is we will hear something next week at the latest.

This is really exciting.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE, BABY!
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2006, 02:41:32 PM »

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE, BABY!

What has this to do
With pro grappler Mark Henry?
A big sexy beast!!!!  Tongue

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2006, 02:42:24 PM »

Why does everyone think Jay Z will sell so much?
His comeback CD? Where did he go?

There are a LOT of other countries besides the US.
Rap is not nearly as big anywhere else as in the States.
Thank God.

And once again, it seems to be my point in every post, but:
Why does it matter what the public thinks?!
I'll be way too happy to have a copy of Chinese Democracy in my CD player to read some damn billboard charts.

Rap/Hip-Hop is the main genre here in UK, unfortunately.

hiphop might be the main genre on mtv, but it?s not that big in germany in general.......

i can`t describe how wholeheartedly i agree with jarmo by the way.....? some of you guys are so fuckin`ridiculous...

i doubt there are many people who have to choose between jay-z and gnr?s new album.....

With me being german, I can just subscribe your post... MTV Germany is nothing more but a fucking garbage can... Doubt it will change with the release of CD, doubt they even play Gnr Videos... ? Angry

But unfortunately, Gnr won't make big sales here, national acts are much more popular...

Nevertheless, I will try my very best to push the sale rate... ?beer
SLCPUNK
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2006, 02:42:34 PM »

The people who get referred to as "bitches" on this board are only trying to point out that strategically there is a much better way to do things that maximizes, rather than minimizes GNR's impact when they make their return.

I think you are cleaning up the horse poo behind these people.

I think they just bitch for the sake of bitching..........they never seem happy.

I understand your point, but think it may only apply to a few people. Some of the "Fans" I saw at the LV and NYC shows acted the same way (bitching about slash and yelling at the stage-stupid.)
madagas
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2006, 02:45:16 PM »

RETAIL SOURCE-read it again...retail sources are spotty at best. Pilferk, where are you? Get on this. Grin
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2006, 02:47:09 PM »

I understand your point, but think it may only apply to a few people. Some of the "Fans" I saw at the LV and NYC shows acted the same way (bitching about slash and yelling at the stage-stupid.)
See, this is where people need to make the differentiation between the jackasses that bitch for the sake of it and the fans that express their concerns for the band. These two groups cannot be clumped together and sadly a lot of the time they are. That was the point of my earlier post. Sometimes criticism, when done with the right intentions, can actually magnify the potential and output of whatever is being criticised.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2006, 02:48:08 PM »

Can I just be the first to say "AWESOME!!!!!!!!!" Grin
Steel_Angel
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2006, 02:50:14 PM »

Its about time i think.. now release a single in october   ok
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »

I've said since a while ago that Nov. 21st makes the most sense business wise as it will get the album in stores for Christmas shoppers/promotions. ok
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2006, 02:55:34 PM »

retail sources are spotty at best.

I would think Rolling Stones retail sources could be Sales & Marketing & higher ups at Circuit City, Best Buy etc... Not just some doofus in a red or blue shirt in the CD dept.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2006, 02:57:21 PM »

I think a November release date is pretty dead-on at this point. Although, don't hold yourselves up for dissapointment, but hell it feels so good to be a GN'R fan right now. yes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: