Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228134 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 152110 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #980 on: October 16, 2006, 09:04:41 PM »

They should release it when nothing else is being released on a major label.

In fact, that may have been the plan all along...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #981 on: October 16, 2006, 09:10:01 PM »

Yeah but Id rather finish number 2 to competition, then be number 1 against no competition.

To be honest Jay Z will sell monster numbers his first 2 weeks. So his 2nd week still may beat GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #982 on: October 16, 2006, 09:11:09 PM »

There, fixed.

If you decide to edit other people's posts at least remove their name from it.

I guess you're not very well-versed in message board lingo, eh? When someone puts, "There, fixed," it is meant as a joke and has zilch to do with the poster who made the original quote. As someone else said, I was making fun of the fact that the "someone" who WOULD cause a delay is Axl Rose (it's happened over and over). If you didn't understand the joke, then I'm sorry. I thought it was pretty obvious myself.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #983 on: October 16, 2006, 09:18:22 PM »

they need to go platinum just to break even... (considering it costs 13$ per cd, and 13million to make it)

Double platinum atleast. The band and the retailers takes a share to.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #984 on: October 16, 2006, 09:19:09 PM »

Ya know, jay- Z will sell a shitload of albums, and most likely will beat Gn'R if they release on the same day....however, they are totally different Genres...I dont care what day Jay-Z releases his album, I won't be buying it, and most other Rock/Metal fans won't either. So Gn'R won't sell any less albums by releasing it that day, it may just not be as high on the billboard charts

Axl is God.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #985 on: October 16, 2006, 09:20:40 PM »

It don't matter much when they release it. Sure, if the album is just okay they will benefit maybe a 100 thousand copies in a week with no big releases. If the album is great it will sell loads on hype, name and word of mouth alone. Jay Z will sell good the first week, then drop like a stone.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #986 on: October 16, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »

um I dont think that a large percentage of GNR fans will be buying Jay-Z and vice versa...
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #987 on: October 16, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »

Would putting up a release date, or countdown for the CD release dramatically improve ticket sales in the smaller markets?

It certainly wouldn't hurt.  I think a single on the radio would help out the most at this point in the smaller markets. There was decent stir caused by the IRS leak in minneapolis.  But I don't think one could assume  that if the release date is announced, the smaller markets would sell out by defaut.  Hopefully they will test that theory and release the album asap....haha. 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #988 on: October 16, 2006, 09:43:58 PM »

um I dont think that a large percentage of GNR fans will be buying Jay-Z and vice versa...

But the media is a fixed pie. By releasing it that week GNR will be an after-thought because MTV and every other music publication will be up Jay-Z's ass proclaiming his big comeback.

Didn't we want that to be Axl's storyline? So while Jay-Z and GNR don't compete for the same fans, they compete for media coverage, and GNR is not going to win that battle in the year 2006. This band needs all the press/promotion it can get, so why not pick the week before when you can be the only story.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #989 on: October 16, 2006, 09:57:40 PM »

The new Jay-Z video is airing tonight, just to let you know.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #990 on: October 16, 2006, 09:59:13 PM »

The new Jay-Z video is airing tonight, just to let you know.

I hope Axl makes a cameo in it.
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #991 on: October 16, 2006, 10:01:59 PM »

How many times do I have to say that Jay-Z is NOT competition for Guns N' Roses.

Let's think about this logically, people!!! ?RAP PEOPLE DON'T BUY ROCK ALBUMS!!! ?ROCK PEOPLE DON'T BUY RAP ALBUMS!!! (or at least 99% of the time) ?Where is there cometition? ?You're looking at two completely different demographics that in no way effect each other. ?There's not too many people out there that are like, "hmm...should I buy the new Guns N' Roses album or Jay-Z's album..." ? rant ?I'm pretty sure there's no doubt in my mind I'm going for the GNR album...I don't know about you. ?And I'm not saying that cuz I'm a GNR fan, either. ?smoking

And another thing...  Who gives a flying shit if GNR comes 2nd to Jay-Z?  If GNR is second behind Jay-Z, then that means that GNR is still #1 in Rock...and that's what matters.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:03:36 PM by masterdan » Logged

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #992 on: October 16, 2006, 10:03:11 PM »

How many times do I have to say that Jay-Z is NOT competition for Guns N' Roses.

Let's think about this logically, people!!!  RAP PEOPLE DON'T BUY ROCK ALBUMS!!!  ROCK PEOPLE DON'T BUY RAP ALBUMS!!! (or at least 99% of the time)  Where is there cometition?  You're looking at two completely different demographics that in no way effect each other.  There's not too many people out there that are like, "hmm...should I buy the new Guns N' Roses album or Jay-Z's album..."   rant  I'm pretty sure there's no doubt in my mind I'm going for the GNR album...I don't know about you.  And I'm not saying that cuz I'm a GNR fan, either.  smoking

Sorry bud, but you're wrong.

I work in a music store and most of the people who buy rap are white.

Jay-Z has wide appeal, like it or not. People who grew up on GN'R are going to be curious but Axl needs to drop something fast if he wants to catch the nation's attention. A single, a video, an interview - anything.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #993 on: October 16, 2006, 10:03:18 PM »

On a side note. Today is the 17th. That leaves 7 days until the tour begins. One of those 7 days better have a press release adressing something about the album, or else this is gonna be 2002 all over again, only worse.

7 days till we know if GN'R are coming back, or become history.

masterdan
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #994 on: October 16, 2006, 10:06:55 PM »

Let's think about this logically, people!!!? RAP PEOPLE DON'T BUY ROCK ALBUMS!!!? ROCK PEOPLE DON'T BUY RAP ALBUMS!!! (or at least 99% of the time)? Where is there cometition?? You're looking at two completely different demographics that in no way effect each other.? There's not too many people out there that are like, "hmm...should I buy the new Guns N' Roses album or Jay-Z's album..."? ?rant? I'm pretty sure there's no doubt in my mind I'm going for the GNR album...I don't know about you.? And I'm not saying that cuz I'm a GNR fan, either.? smoking

Sorry bud, but you're wrong.

I work in a music store and most of the people who buy rap are white.

Jay-Z has wide appeal, like it or not. People who grew up on GN'R are going to be curious but Axl needs to drop something fast if he wants to catch the nation's attention. A single, a video, an interview - anything.

Well, ok "friend".... but just because you're white and you like rap doesn't mean you like GNR.  So let all the white boy posuers buy the Jaz-Z album.  I'm saying that there aren't too many people that like both GNR and Jay-Z, and if it came down to the 1 or 2% of people that had to make the decision, I'm pretty sure most would go with GNR judging that they haven't come out with an original album in about 15 years.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #995 on: October 16, 2006, 10:07:04 PM »

One of those 7 days better have a press release adressing something about the album, or else this is gonna be 2002 all over again, only worse.

Well at least the shows themselves will probably be better than in 2002.

masterdan
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #996 on: October 16, 2006, 10:11:25 PM »

beer This guy's right.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #997 on: October 16, 2006, 10:11:35 PM »

Which album do you think is going to sound better? ?Grin the music will speak for itsellff. I hope CD comes out in the 21st of NOV or before ?Undecided
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #998 on: October 16, 2006, 10:11:53 PM »

One of those 7 days better have a press release adressing something about the album, or else this is gonna be 2002 all over again, only worse.

Well at least the shows themselves will probably be better than in 2002.

Sure, it will be a good time for those who haven't seen them yet. But for me and the rest who have seen them, another tour with the same setlist ain't something to jump in the roof about.

EFISH
« Reply #999 on: October 16, 2006, 10:15:23 PM »

I beleive more people care about Axl Rose's comeback then Jay-Z's "comeback"

hihi hihi hihi
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: