Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 05:31:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 152457 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #960 on: October 16, 2006, 08:04:51 PM »

We will hear news Friday.? It is destiny.

We've never heard that before Smiley

Eventually someone IS going to get it right (and likely by chance).? ? But I don't think it's going to be you winning the lottery this time.

I'll be the one.? Wait and see.? Odds are it's this Friday or next year.

oooohhhhhh, another anonymous insider
hihi

It's an educated guess really. ? Despite the diehard fans who think GNR can do anything they want...the truth, they CAN'T. ?Not when they spent 20 million making an album. ?For the label to re-coup the production costs, CD will need to sell around 7 million copies. ?(Labels earn roughly $3 profit per album) That's not an easy thing to do anymore. ?How many albums a year sell even close to this?

Metallica's last labum barely cracked 2 million. ?GNR's label can't afford a letdown like this. ?And it's been 15 years since a true GNR album dominated the charts. ?They are not going to take any chances.

The label will need a minimum of 6-weeks to do the proper promotion. ?Radio play...internet ads...a video...singles. ?Probably an Apple commercial. ?They'll need to do all the legal mumbo jumbo. ?This can't happen overnight. ?It takes 4-6 weeks. ?That's just the norm of the industry. ?The only album that I've ever heard that was dropped less than 4 weeks from its announcement was the White Stripes "Elephant." ?Of course that album cost $20,000 (1000 times less than CD). ?If GNR made CD for only $20,000...they could do anything they wanted to also. ?But they didn't.

So, taking this knowledge, let's apply it to the situation. ?6 weeks from this Friday is approx. ?Nov. 28th. ?The perfect time to drop an album...right in the heart of the Xmas buying season. ?Sure it could come out in Dec...but rock albums that are released in Dec. never catch traction. ?Dec. releases are usually reserved for hip-hop. ?Don't believe me? ?The major December releases are Eminem, Ciara, Lil jon, Taylor Hicks on the 5th...Akon, Young Jeezy on the 12th...and Bow wow, Trick Daddy on the 19th.

With Jay-Z on the 21st...and Eminem on the 5th...GNR would be better off avoiding their competition and releasing on the 28th (facing off with Incubus and Katharine McPhee) in hopes of obtaining a #1 record.

Like I said...it's an educated guess.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #961 on: October 16, 2006, 08:07:22 PM »

My main point is that Jarmo doesn't have to be sarcastic everytime someone tries bringing up a point or making a statement - that's what has me more frustrated at this point.

Maybe it's because the so called point has been made over and over by people who seem to be more interested in comparing everything to the past instead of looking forward?

GN'R fans are some of the most paranoid fans I've encountered. I remember the show in Belgium where it rained before GN'R hit the stage and people were talking about riots and cancellations. Even before GN'R had even hit the stage.

/jarmo

Non-fans are far more skeptical.

Outside of this forum very, very, very few people actually believe the album is coming out. Look at the Ultimate-Guitar post and the comments left by people. Look at any news blog with comments enabled.

By comparison GN'R fans are not paranoid at all. Right now I think this album is coming out and that's more than can be said for most of the general public.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #962 on: October 16, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

That's just the norm of the industry.

thanks for the insight ok but you are assuming gnr will do something normal hihi

Ciara, Lil jon, Taylor Hicks, Akon, Young Jeezy, Bow wow, Trick Daddy on ?Katharine McPhee

are these really competition for gnr? Undecided

acompleteunknown
Rocker

« Reply #963 on: October 16, 2006, 08:11:37 PM »

thanks for the insight ok but you are assuming gnr will do something normal hihi

Ciara, Lil jon, Taylor Hicks, Akon, Young Jeezy, Bow wow, Trick Daddy on ?Katharine McPhee

The point wasn't that these bands were competition...the point was that labels don't release rock albums in December.

robinfinckfan
« Reply #964 on: October 16, 2006, 08:11:53 PM »

We've never heard that before Smiley

Eventually someone IS going to get it right (and likely by chance).? ? But I don't think it's going to be you winning the lottery this time.

I'll be the one.? Wait and see.? Odds are it's this Friday or next year.

oooohhhhhh, another anonymous insider
hihi

It's an educated guess really. ? Despite the diehard fans who think GNR can do anything they want...the truth, they CAN'T. ?Not when they spent 20 million making an album. ?For the label to re-coup the production costs, CD will need to sell around 7 million copies. ?(Labels earn roughly $3 profit per album) That's not an easy thing to do anymore. ?How many albums a year sell even close to this?

Metallica's last labum barely cracked 2 million. ?GNR's label can't afford a letdown like this. ?And it's been 15 years since a true GNR album dominated the charts. ?They are not going to take any chances.

The label will need a minimum of 6-weeks to do the proper promotion. ?Radio play...internet ads...a video...singles. ?Probably an Apple commercial. ?They'll need to do all the legal mumbo jumbo. ?This can't happen overnight. ?It takes 4-6 weeks. ?That's just the norm of the industry. ?The only album that I've ever heard that was dropped less than 4 weeks from its announcement was the White Stripes "Elephant." ?Of course that album cost $20,000 (1000 times less than CD). ?If GNR made CD for only $20,000...they could do anything they wanted to also. ?But they didn't.

So, taking this knowledge, let's apply it to the situation. ?6 weeks from this Friday is approx. ?Nov. 28th. ?The perfect time to drop an album...right in the heart of the Xmas buying season. ?Sure it could come out in Dec...but rock albums that are released in Dec. never catch traction. ?Dec. releases are usually reserved for hip-hop. ?Don't believe me? ?The major December releases are Eminem, Ciara, Lil jon, Taylor Hicks on the 5th...Akon, Young Jeezy on the 12th...and Bow wow, Trick Daddy on the 19th.

With Jay-Z on the 21st...and Eminem on the 5th...GNR would be better off avoiding their competition and releasing on the 28th (facing off with Incubus and Katharine McPhee) in hopes of obtaining a #1 record.

Like I said...it's an educated guess.

all the money labels spent is not just for CD. He can release another ?album after and possibly a third. ?SO, you could really say he's got three records or part of a third record ?for the money they spent
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #965 on: October 16, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »

The point wasn't that these bands were competition...the point was that labels don't release rock albums in December.

maybe that is where the band is negotiating with geffen then (or whatever axl said in his radio interview before europe) beer

acompleteunknown
Rocker

« Reply #966 on: October 16, 2006, 08:13:22 PM »

Young Jeezy's last album sold like 4 million copies.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #967 on: October 16, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »

well he sounds like a rapper to me and rock fans aren't usually the same fans that buy rap cd's .... or maybe i'm old fashioned Wink

acompleteunknown
Rocker

« Reply #968 on: October 16, 2006, 08:16:36 PM »

all the money labels spent is not just for CD. He can release another ?album after and possibly a third. ?SO, you could really say he's got three records or part of a third record ?for the money they spent

Very true...granted there's more than one album's worth of material.  and this isn't a "Load" "Re-Load" scenario.

AtariLegend
« Reply #969 on: October 16, 2006, 08:21:41 PM »

We will hear news Friday.  It is destiny.

all the money labels spent is not just for CD. He can release another  album after and possibly a third.  SO, you could really say he's got three records or part of a third record  for the money they spent

Very true...granted there's more than one album's worth of material. and this isn't a "Load" "Re-Load" scenario.

I personaly wouldn't complain if a Load/Reload scenario arose. Axl has said he's got more than 1 albums good material anyway.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #970 on: October 16, 2006, 08:23:48 PM »

well he sounds like a rapper to me and rock fans aren't usually the same fans that buy rap cd's .... or maybe i'm old fashioned Wink

I don't buy rap usually , I don't dismiss the genre, obviously it sells material
Any big name out will not affect sales IMO

Dec 12th Cd in stores
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:27:20 PM by robinfinckfan » Logged
acompleteunknown
Rocker

« Reply #971 on: October 16, 2006, 08:27:22 PM »

We should start an album release date pool.  Losers have to buy the winners...a copy of the album.

beer.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #972 on: October 16, 2006, 08:32:10 PM »

When it does come out, it will be an exciting day.  A midnight release would be very cool.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #973 on: October 16, 2006, 08:34:29 PM »

When it does come out, it will be an exciting day.? A midnight release would be very cool.

There will be plenty of places to get the CD at midnight.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #974 on: October 16, 2006, 08:35:50 PM »

Would putting up a release date, or countdown for the CD release dramatically improve ticket sales in the smaller markets?

guns_n_motley
« Reply #975 on: October 16, 2006, 08:55:45 PM »

Incase you people didnt remember, didnt the first GNR/Skid row tour go on for months  without either band having a cd out yet???

idk, but I think axl NEEDS to get iit out during the tour this year, or people wont forgive him..

they forgave him for 2002, but this time if he screws up again, I dont think he can recover...
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #976 on: October 16, 2006, 08:56:11 PM »

Hey,
 Guns N' Roses CANNOT release "Chinese Democracy" on November 21st. Just read in the paper today that Jay-Z will "unretire" ala Michael Jordan and release a brand new album....on November 21st!

? Usually,rap albums debut at No.1 and then drop off considerably but,we don't wanna have CD go up against any serious competition.
Remember,this band STILL has NO single,tracklisting,any real public promotion,nor a release date. I wanna see it at number 1 just like all of us!
 Jay-Z has a built in fanbase that has only waited for 5 years since his last album. We've waited a lot longer but,many fans have drifted away,grown sick of waiting.

It'd be one thing if there was a hot single out RIGHTNOW(!) but,we don't have it yet.
 Jay-Z's new song was leaked Friday.
 I remember seeing 2 separate Korn albums debut at Number 2,because Eminem had a new album out the SAME week. This happened to Korn TWICE!! Both to a rapper.

It makes sense to not go up against something if you know you might lose. Films do it ALL the time! They change the date when 2 event movies go up against each other. Since Nov.21st isn't confirmed,don't say yes now,only to "blink" later and move it and look scared.

THIS is the RETURN of GN'R!! I don't wanna read countless reviews and articles of CD with the following..."Axl Rose's return to greatness spoiled by Jay-Z...." only to be followed with doubts of his talent/album/the new band,etc.!!!!!!!!

Axl,Merck and company.....please...What's one more week?!?

? ? ? ? ? MATT
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #977 on: October 16, 2006, 08:57:03 PM »

IMO, these numbers keep getting inflated. ?I have hard time believing that CD cost 20 million now to make. ?Plus, this band (GNR's Corp.) has been bringing in quite a bit of money in 2006 as a whole. ?Yeah, this CD has been expensive, no doubt about that. ?But, if it can sell 4 million worldwide, I think many will be happy. ?Over 4 million in sales, another successful tour following Europe, plus a 2nd CD down the road and many will think this is huge.

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #978 on: October 16, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »

You're right. Jay-Z will eat GnR's lunch. There are more rap fans than rock fans out there, like it or not.

stratus
Opening Act

« Reply #979 on: October 16, 2006, 09:00:37 PM »

Thanks, but it was already pointed out a number of times in the other thread about this subject.  ok
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: