Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 06:47:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228147 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 152703 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #920 on: October 16, 2006, 06:29:47 PM »

I'm guessing the album is finished though?

I don't know, I don't think anybody here knows.

All that matter is that we've been told it'll be finished and released before this year ends.

/jarmo

What kinda reaction do you expect on the boards if the album doesnt come out this year and managment doesnt offer any explaination? I honestly DONT see this happening as I'm sure neither do you. But given that situation I think there would be major chaos and flaming.

I could see the album being "delayed" until jan or feb 2007 but I think with any delay would come some form of an explaination of why ... do you think if an 06 release becomes impossible that we will get a statement as to why?

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #921 on: October 16, 2006, 06:30:38 PM »

Who are these "people"?

It's not 2002. Axl never claimed the album was coming out in 2002. Huge difference.

Then why was it called the "Chinese Democracy World Tour"?

Well, they did play a song called Chinese Democracy, and maybe they planed to release the album soon thereafter, but something changes.. shit happens..

It will be out.. dont stress with all this "we gotta have an announcement soon" thing. Things will happen. Just like the official website popping up. Remember what we had last year at this time? Nothing interesting. Things are happening now. But everything needs its time..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #922 on: October 16, 2006, 06:31:26 PM »

I'm guessing the album is finished though?

I don't know, I don't think anybody here knows.

All that matter is that we've been told it'll be finished and released before this year ends.

/jarmo

or shortly thereafter.....

As far as I know nobody in the GNR camp said anything to that effect. Yet.

Not officially.....

But with the latest changes to the tour in the last few days, the plan may have changed radically yet another time. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later..

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #923 on: October 16, 2006, 06:36:54 PM »

If GNR wanted to release an album on a Wednesday, Friday or Monday...they could do it. ?In recent years, 50 Cent and Eminem have dropped albums on Saturdays to dissuade illegal downloading. ?It's rare but GNR is big enough to pull it off.

GNR will need promotion. ?This is not the Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, collaberation that was on the tip of everyone's tongue in '91. ?"Patience" was a huge hit in '89. ?That was a mere two years prior. ?Also, "You Could Be Mine" was all over the radio and was featured in the number one move of the summer (Terminator 2). ?

It's been about 12 good years since GNR has had substantional airplay. ?GNR's original audience are now all married and with kids. ?The high schoolers (thought some are Gunner fans) are more into Ashley Simpson and Emo. ?The label needs some time to get the news out there so everyone knows it's going to drop. ?

Limp Bizkit tried the "don't tell anyone a new album is coming out" release. ?And it tanked.

Remember, labels care about one thing...making money. ?If promoting the album with 6 weeks notice gives them a greater advantage to make money...they are going to do it. ?Especially since Axl has spent close to 20 million making this one...they're going to want to play this safe instead of taking a chance with a "surprise" release.

We will hear news Friday. ?It is destiny.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #924 on: October 16, 2006, 06:38:09 PM »

Remember what we had last year at this time? Nothing interesting.

Wasn't it around this time last year Merck said 2005 is the year of GNR? ?Cool

Or was that 2004?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #925 on: October 16, 2006, 06:40:30 PM »

Who are these "people"?

It's not 2002. Axl never claimed the album was coming out in 2002. Huge difference.

I could give you a list of differences between these two tours but you wouldn't care because you're too busy looking back instead of forward.

/jarmo

Do you always need to be sarcastic, Jarmo?

I think its fair enough to compare the two tours.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #926 on: October 16, 2006, 06:44:40 PM »

Who are these "people"?

I could give you a list of differences between these two tours but you wouldn't care because you're too busy looking back instead of forward.

/jarmo

i dont see how you can compare the two tours.. By Axl words back, then, and what he is saying now. Things seems much more on track..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #927 on: October 16, 2006, 06:46:17 PM »

i dont see how you can compare the two tours.. By Axl words back, then, and what he is saying now. Things seems much more on track..

This time it doesn't appear that Axl feels "pressured" to tour, so that's good.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #928 on: October 16, 2006, 06:47:29 PM »

they played more shows in all of 2002 in 3 months...lots of interviews and public appearances...it hasn't been like this since 1992

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #929 on: October 16, 2006, 06:47:42 PM »

Who are these "people"?

/jarmo

Yes, things seem more on track now, but still - that tour was called the "Chinese Democracy" tour - why was that? If the album was nowhere in site, why not call it the "Guns Reloaded" tour or something else?

My main point is that Jarmo doesn't have to be sarcastic everytime someone tries bringing up a point or making a statement - that's what has me more frustrated at this point.

If was interested in looking back instead of forward, I wouldn't have gone to the Hammerstein in May, and I sure as fuck wouldn't be going to MSG in November.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 06:52:54 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #930 on: October 16, 2006, 06:48:26 PM »

Also, "You Could Be Mine" was all over the radio and was featured in the number one move of the summer (Terminator 2). 

That's a good point... Do you guys think GNR will release a single before the album for promotion sake? Huh
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #931 on: October 16, 2006, 06:51:09 PM »

Also, "You Could Be Mine" was all over the radio and was featured in the number one move of the summer (Terminator 2).?

That's a good point... Do you guys think GNR will release a single before the album for promotion sake? Huh

i would say yes but you never know what's gonna happen with this band Undecided

AtariLegend
« Reply #932 on: October 16, 2006, 06:52:47 PM »

Also, "You Could Be Mine" was all over the radio and was featured in the number one move of the summer (Terminator 2).

I thought so 4 years ago, now I don't.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #933 on: October 16, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »

well I guess we're running out of time for a single.  I bet he releases last Tuesday of the year just as a half ass joke
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #934 on: October 16, 2006, 06:56:55 PM »

Is there one good reason this thread is open? The album isn't coming out on Nov 21st......locked.

This thread has pretty much become "CD out before end of year" thread. Have to contain it somehow.

AtariLegend
« Reply #935 on: October 16, 2006, 06:57:14 PM »

well I guess we're running out of time for a single. I bet he releases last Tuesday of the year just as a half ass joke

That would be pretty funny.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #936 on: October 16, 2006, 06:58:32 PM »

? I bet he releases last Tuesday of the year just as a half ass joke

I'll take that joke. At least I have something that way.

It would be better than the "there are only 13 Tuesdays left in the year" joke, that's for sure.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #937 on: October 16, 2006, 07:00:17 PM »

Who are these "people"?

/jarmo

Yes, things seem more on track now, but still - that tour was called the "Chinese Democracy" tour - why was that? If the album was nowhere in site, why not call it the "Guns Reloaded" tour or something else?

My main point is that Jarmo doesn't have to be sarcastic everytime someone tries bringing up a point or making a statement - that's what has me more frustrated at this point.

Well. I think there has been going on alot in the GNR camp, that we dont know about. Spess back in 2002. I know the tour was called Chinese Democracy tour. And i guess that was because there was a "nearby finishd" version of the album. But as we know. Something happend during the tour. And everything was cut! I dont think Axl wanted it to go like it did. Im sure there was some disturbens that made it go like this. My point is, that the different between GNR 2002 and GNR 2006. Is that we have alot better picture of the band now, then we had in 2002. We know GNR was gonna do shows back in 2002, but it was alot of silence around the band. This time around, there has been GNR hysteria all around europe. Axl been more in the media, on parties, on tv presenting awards. He have said in several ocations that the album will be released in 2006. THey have played for an awsome audience in europe. Added a big North America Tour.. which will start in a week or so. I see big differences. Theyr officeial Website is up, and i guess that means they have hierd a webdesigner.

So i guess that things seams alot more different now... The album will be out. And there is no reason why it shouldent, with this great Buildup! This is not the end of a GnR session, this is sure the beginning.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #938 on: October 16, 2006, 07:03:16 PM »

? I bet he releases last Tuesday of the year just as a half ass joke

I'll take that joke. At least I have something that way.

It would be better than the "there are only 13 Tuesdays left in the year" joke, that's for sure.

11 Tongue

what if they release it under a different band name hihi nervous

but it has been said on numerous occasions by axl that it'llbe out this year and merck has said as much as well...and the response to the rollingstone claim was that "They picked the wrong tuesday of the 13 remaining" or something...i  still think it's coming out this year peace

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #939 on: October 16, 2006, 07:04:16 PM »

But as we know. Something happend during the tour. And everything was cut! I dont think Axl wanted it to go like it did. Im sure there was some disturbens that made it go like this.

You're damn right it didn't go like Axl wanted. He didn't even want to be out there in the first place!!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: