Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 10:29:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 153076 times)
benchiefjr
« Reply #860 on: October 16, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »

enough with the negativity, it'll be out this year or i leave this board.  ok
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #861 on: October 16, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »

2004: Nothing

2005: Nothing

2004:? Guns N' Roses announce they are going to headline Rock in Rio 4, the album must be soon.? Last minute cancellation!

2004:? The cancellation was made a good couple of months before the show, due to an untimely departure of an incomparable guitarists.?

Angry previous to this, GH was released in spite of the very artists disapproval and fans petition, which hindered the new release.

Angry Shortly after the above GH suit, two of former members filed a lawsuit against Axl over publishing rights, which was finally withdrawn after counterclaimed on the 5th of may 2006.

so I wasn't here till 2004, after all. Tongue
I highly doubt that the release of GH hindered the new release, considering that by all accounts the CD STILL isn't mastered (but should be by the end of the week?). Also, GH was a huge success that will probably help GN'R out in the long run.

Raven
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #862 on: October 16, 2006, 02:24:52 PM »

2004:? Guns N' Roses announce they are going to headline Rock in Rio 4, the album must be soon.? Last minute cancellation!

2004:? The cancellation was made a good couple of months before the show, due to an untimely departure of an incomparable guitarists.?

Angry previous to this, GH was released in spite of the very artists disapproval and fans petition, which hindered the new release.

Angry Shortly after the above GH suit, two of former members filed a lawsuit against Axl over publishing rights, which was finally withdrawn after counterclaimed on the 5th of may 2006.

I highly doubt that the release of GH hindered the new release, considering that by all accounts the CD STILL isn't mastered (but should be by the end of the week?). Also, GH was a huge success that will probably help GN'R out in the long run.

Raven

Erm...source?
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #863 on: October 16, 2006, 02:31:14 PM »

..whats with the obsession with Tuesdays. If Gn'R wanted to release an album on a Friday, could they? would they be allowed?? peace we are talking about Gn'R here. If Axl said to the management it's either the 1st Tuesday of March 2007 or the 1st Friday of November 2006 do you think management would opt for the 1st Tuesday of March, no i don't think so? hihi

It has to do with the Billboard charts, I think.? They count sales for a week starting on Tuesday. so if a band releases an album on a Friday it's only selling for half of a week and might not get the number one slot on the chart.

are they really so bothered about chart positions? i was under the impression that they were more interested in the bigger picture,  making an album that filled with classic timeless tracks that will sound as good in 100 years time as they sound now.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #864 on: October 16, 2006, 02:33:36 PM »

I'm curious about something.? Axl supposedly said to RS regarding the songs on the upcoming CD "Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."
Now these are the songs that "leaked" and they have been playing them on tour.? Would you put your favorite songs out there before the CD has been released? Or would you hold them for the CD release?? Or is it.. if you think these songs are great wait until you hear the CD?

maybe these 3 songs are as good as CD gets. It would be good to hear more tracks that are just as good or better than.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #865 on: October 16, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

Raven

Erm...source?
I'm pretty sure I read it in a couple of places, but I know I definitely saw it at Splat. If you don't believe it that's fine, but it'd make sense that it hasn't been fully mastered yet, and that's why there hasn't been more details (or info leaking out) about it.

Raven
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #866 on: October 16, 2006, 02:45:25 PM »

..whats with the obsession with Tuesdays. If Gn'R wanted to release an album on a Friday, could they? would they be allowed?? peace we are talking about Gn'R here. If Axl said to the management it's either the 1st Tuesday of March 2007 or the 1st Friday of November 2006 do you think management would opt for the 1st Tuesday of March, no i don't think so? hihi

It has to do with the Billboard charts, I think.? They count sales for a week starting on Tuesday. so if a band releases an album on a Friday it's only selling for half of a week and might not get the number one slot on the chart.
Yes, that's part of the reason. Also, it's just the way the schedule works. The entire system (shipping, merchandising, advertising) revolves around the Tuesday release date. While it's possible they could drop ship on a Friday, it would require a lot of additional legwork and adverising to get the message out.

And one other note. Cross November 5th off the list of possible Tuesdays for release.

Umm, November 5th is a Sunday, not a Tuesday. Do you mean December 5th? If so, why should that day be crossed off as a possible release date?

Raven
Sorry. I meant November 7th. Our Sunday circular ad for November 5th (with the Tuesday, Nov. 7th release date)  was sent to the printer late last week, and GnR was not on it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #867 on: October 16, 2006, 02:53:58 PM »

mid-october is pasted... if they plan to release the album in November the timing starts to become really short now... they'd better hurry-up.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:56:06 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #868 on: October 16, 2006, 03:00:37 PM »

mid-october is pasted... if they plan to release the album in November the timing starts to become really short now... they'd better hurry-up.

Again, Nes, I'd say that if nothing goes down this week, we're either looking at dec 5th or the 12...If not, this year is toast, IMO
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #869 on: October 16, 2006, 03:01:07 PM »

..fast's forward to November... .. ?.
mid-november is pasted... if they plan to release the album in December the timing starts to become really short now... they'd better hurry-up. ? Smiley

..fast's forward to December... .. ?.
mid-December is pasted... it's almost Xmas day... if they plan to release the album before 2007 they'd better hurry-up. ?hihi

..fast's forward to January... .. ?.
F*cking b*stard band... hmmm... i predict a ?February 6th 2007 release as it's Axl's birthday... and if that day passes, then it i am sure it'll be out before 2008 for sure, i just know it ?ok

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:02:55 PM by codenameninja » Logged
AtariLegend
« Reply #870 on: October 16, 2006, 03:08:40 PM »

..fast's forward to November... ..  .
mid-november is pasted... if they plan to release the album in December the timing starts to become really short now... they'd better hurry-up.   Smiley

..fast's forward to December... ..  .
mid-December is pasted... it's almost Xmas day... if they plan to release the album before 2007 they'd better hurry-up.  hihi

..fast's forward to January... ..  .
F*cking b*stard band... hmmm... i predict a  February 6th 2007 release as it's Axl's birthday... and if that day passes, then it i am sure it'll be out before 2008 for sure, i just know it  ok

Don't worry we'll have it before Axl turns 50.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #871 on: October 16, 2006, 03:26:18 PM »

..fast's forward to November... ..? .
mid-november is pasted... if they plan to release the album in December the timing starts to become really short now... they'd better hurry-up.? ?Smiley

..fast's forward to December... ..? .
mid-December is pasted... it's almost Xmas day... if they plan to release the album before 2007 they'd better hurry-up.? hihi

..fast's forward to January... ..? .
F*cking b*stard band... hmmm... i predict a? February 6th 2007 release as it's Axl's birthday... and if that day passes, then it i am sure it'll be out before 2008 for sure, i just know it? ok

Do you really think so. How old is Axl at the moment?

charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #872 on: October 16, 2006, 03:31:52 PM »

I'm curious about something.? Axl supposedly said to RS regarding the songs on the upcoming CD "Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."
Now these are the songs that "leaked" and they have been playing them on tour.? Would you put your favorite songs out there before the CD has been released? Or would you hold them for the CD release?? Or is it.. if you think these songs are great wait until you hear the CD?

first off, wording-- 'among' not 'all' or 'his absolute favorite.' second, what does favorites mean? is it a word the writer is using because those happen to be titles axl used? do we know axl said 'my favorites on the album are...' i'm sure he likes those songs alot but i think he as other 'favorites' yet to be heard.
AtariLegend
« Reply #873 on: October 16, 2006, 03:33:15 PM »

..fast's forward to November... ..  .
mid-november is pasted... if they plan to release the album in December the timing starts to become really short now... they'd better hurry-up.   Smiley

..fast's forward to December... ..  .
mid-December is pasted... it's almost Xmas day... if they plan to release the album before 2007 they'd better hurry-up.  hihi

..fast's forward to January... ..  .
F*cking b*stard band... hmmm... i predict a  February 6th 2007 release as it's Axl's birthday... and if that day passes, then it i am sure it'll be out before 2008 for sure, i just know it  ok

44 I think.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #874 on: October 16, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »

mid-november is pasted... if they plan to release the album in December the timing starts to become really short now... they'd better hurry-up.? ?Smiley

mid-December is pasted... it's almost Xmas day... if they plan to release the album before 2007 they'd better hurry-up.? hihi

F*cking b*stard band... hmmm... i predict a? February 6th 2007 release as it's Axl's birthday... and if that day passes, then it i am sure it'll be out before 2008 for sure, i just know it? ok

44 so we've got until 2012 ?hihi I agree though if we get nothing this week then I think we are onto a Dec release date, although we've seen the imminent release date announcement melt away before, I suppose in fairness it's never been managemnt who've told us to expect one before. ?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #875 on: October 16, 2006, 03:40:30 PM »

44 so we've got until 2012 ?hihi I agree though if we get nothing this week then I think we are onto a Dec release date, although we've seen the imminent release date announcement melt away before, I suppose in fairness it's never been managemnt who've told us to expect one before. ?

.if we get nothing this week then I think we are onto a Dec release..

.there's always 2007 and all the years afterwards  peace Maybe Gn'R should just release a mini disc containing Better, IRS, TWAT and The Blues  peace
AtariLegend
« Reply #876 on: October 16, 2006, 03:41:36 PM »

Isn't the world supposed to end in 2012?

It better be 2011!
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #877 on: October 16, 2006, 03:46:40 PM »

.if we get nothing this week then I think we are onto a Dec release..

.there's always 2007 and all the years afterwards? peace Maybe Gn'R should just release a mini disc containing Better, IRS, TWAT and The Blues? peace

It's possible it was always going to be a Dec release, just because we don't know the date doesn't mean GNR keep putting it back, Dec 5th might have been set as the release date for months and things are all steaming on according to plan, or they're flying by the seat of their pants and management are sat up in a Geffen office playing 'pin the tail on the release date'. My moneys on the latter  hihi

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #878 on: October 16, 2006, 03:52:02 PM »

@TheRaven, Yeah as a result GH might have benefited the band. like it should enable them to tour the us without another release.
Following GH, someone left and then something started that year and ended this year.

and mastering doesn't take long while hinderance causes you more and more work on many fronts.
In any case no one can say nothing was going on then.

Would you put your favorite songs out there before the CD has been released? Or would you hold them for the CD release?  Or is it.. if you think these songs are great wait until you hear the CD?

I think a great song is great no matter how great other songs also are.
I'd hold them but my today's favourite doesn't necessarily mean everyone's favourite and can change tomorow.
Maybe every song is great and the fav of at least one person?
AtariLegend
« Reply #879 on: October 16, 2006, 03:59:42 PM »

I don't think it's gonna be Nov 21st, the the label will not let Axl release an album after telling people 1 month in advance. We know about it, but your average person on the street may not.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: