Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 166419 times)
AtariLegend
« Reply #780 on: October 14, 2006, 07:38:15 PM »

I wonder if people will still be posting on this thread on November 21st.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #781 on: October 14, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »

I wonder if people will still be posting on this thread on November 21st.

I think it's kinda the new "When will CD be released" thread.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #782 on: October 14, 2006, 07:54:53 PM »

My new release date theory (that I stoled from some radio guy talking about some other band doing this):

DECEMBER 26

because....

(1) Most peoples of "album buying" age receive money as their Christmas gift

and (more importantly)

(2) All the record stores all over the world are closed on Christmas Day (Monday) so the album would be released on the same day everywhere!!!

not gonna happen, it may be boxing day in the UK, but here in the Texas no one goes out on the 26th, unless they are returning stuff
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #783 on: October 14, 2006, 08:02:17 PM »

I say release it a week before  christmas atleast, that way its gives them atleast a two month period to promote  the single and a video that's what usually artist do.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
AtariLegend
« Reply #784 on: October 14, 2006, 08:04:11 PM »

Axl's great he'll still be saying it's coming out this year, in 2010.
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #785 on: October 14, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »

My new release date theory (that I stoled from some radio guy talking about some other band doing this):

DECEMBER 26

because....

and (more importantly)

(2) All the record stores all over the world are closed on Christmas Day (Monday) so the album would be released on the same day everywhere!!!

not gonna happen, it may be boxing day in the UK, but here in the Texas no one goes out on the 26th, unless they are returning stuff

Texas must be the only place in the world where people don't go out on Boxing Day. Smiley Even I go out, and I hate going out. If they go out to return stuff, then maybe they'll also see the new album and buy it.

My opinion is that December 26th is a great date for the release, but so is October 24th! LOL. Any Tuesday before end of 2006 is better than any Tuesday in 2007! LOL.

a.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #786 on: October 14, 2006, 11:31:04 PM »

DECEMBER 26

because....

and (more importantly)

Texas must be the only place in the world where people don't go out on Boxing Day. Smiley Even I go out, and I hate going out. If they go out to return stuff, then maybe they'll also see the new album and buy it.

My opinion is that December 26th is a great date for the release, but so is October 24th! LOL. Any Tuesday before end of 2006 is better than any Tuesday in 2007! LOL.

a.

I will admit, i only stongly dislike the 26th of Dec. as a release date because its such a long time to wait.
omgrunnn
Headliner

« Reply #787 on: October 14, 2006, 11:37:38 PM »

I say single october 23rd...they might have moved back first two tour dates to have single out before the shows....thats my guess....

November 25th, 2006-Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit
December 2nd, 2011-U.S. Bank Area, Cincinnati
GeraldFord
« Reply #788 on: October 15, 2006, 12:04:34 AM »

I really don't see a 12/26 release. No way they would release it BEFORE X-mass!
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #789 on: October 15, 2006, 12:15:18 AM »

DECEMBER 26

because....

and (more importantly)

a.
Here in holland we don't have boxing day...just the second day of Christmas..and to my knowledge all stores are closed on that day too.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #790 on: October 15, 2006, 01:49:01 AM »

DECEMBER 26

because....

and (more importantly)

Name me three, check that, one noteworthy album that has been released the week following Christmas.? It's just not done.? If you can have the album out before the Christmas season, then you'd never release it afterwards.? You're first reason follows is invalid; people with money from Christmas may still buy the album even if it's released before Christmas.? Seems silly to miss the year's biggest shopping period 'cause you want to take advantage of 'christmas money' when those people can still buy the album before and after Christmas.

Bottom line: It's not coming out after Christmas unless it's well after Christmas, ie February.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #791 on: October 15, 2006, 02:18:27 AM »

I've chatted briefly to a couple of people who are in the industry and at least vaguely connected.   The sense from the label side is that they're finally starting to think they'll have the CD and a release date (probably Nov. 28) this coming week.  Of course any number of things can delay that, but two weeks ago, they weren't all that convinced it would happen at all, and now they are, so...

There is no way anything can happen without at least six weeks lead time.  If they do get the record -- and this is unusual, I'm assuming that with Axl's clout he can deliver a totally finished project with no 'interference' from the label -- they'll launch a six week promotion campaign.  That puts it at Nov. 28.   Of course somebody could sneeze and upset that apple cart, and then it's Dec. 2.  But it's actually looking pretty good.  And they will promote it as best they can in that six week window.

There is also quite a bit of contractual stuff involved with Merck and Axl's departure from Sanctuary that make dates pretty important.   Events and actions scheduled before a certain date fall under the Sanctuary umbrella, and after the date, it will be Merck's new venture.   That may also be a factor in the planning. 
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #792 on: October 15, 2006, 03:15:32 AM »

Pretty good post Snooze...but are you telling the truth?!?! lol  Been drinkin tonight..feelin good, but this post made it even better lets get that CD release date before the tour damn it!! It would be perfect!
ledgo74
Opening Act

god of rock

« Reply #793 on: October 15, 2006, 07:29:55 AM »

so does everyone pretty much agree that this next week should hopefully see us getting the release date,im feeling pretty desperate now i convinced myself we would of had it last week,and if no relase date comes next week ,can the album be with us in 06.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #794 on: October 15, 2006, 08:08:45 AM »

DECEMBER 26

because....

and (more importantly)

Name me three, check that, one noteworthy album that has been released the week following Christmas.  It's just not done.  If you can have the album out before the Christmas season, then you'd never release it afterwards.  You're first reason follows is invalid; people with money from Christmas may still buy the album even if it's released before Christmas.  Seems silly to miss the year's biggest shopping period 'cause you want to take advantage of 'christmas money' when those people can still buy the album before and after Christmas.

Bottom line: It's not coming out after Christmas unless it's well after Christmas, ie February.

Cheers,

Andrew

Merck actually said that the album will be out before Christmas anyways.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #795 on: October 15, 2006, 08:24:30 AM »

I've chatted briefly to a couple of people who are in the industry and at least vaguely connected.   The sense from the label side is that they're finally starting to think they'll have the CD and a release date (probably Nov. 28) this coming week.  Of course any number of things can delay that, but two weeks ago, they weren't all that convinced it would happen at all, and now they are, so...

There is no way anything can happen without at least six weeks lead time.  If they do get the record -- and this is unusual, I'm assuming that with Axl's clout he can deliver a totally finished project with no 'interference' from the label -- they'll launch a six week promotion campaign.  That puts it at Nov. 28.   Of course somebody could sneeze and upset that apple cart, and then it's Dec. 2.  But it's actually looking pretty good.  And they will promote it as best they can in that six week window.

There is also quite a bit of contractual stuff involved with Merck and Axl's departure from Sanctuary that make dates pretty important.   Events and actions scheduled before a certain date fall under the Sanctuary umbrella, and after the date, it will be Merck's new venture.   That may also be a factor in the planning. 

Makes sense, Merck and Axls move could be the incentive Axl needs to finally put the album out. Timeframe looks accurate too. Thanks for the info!

Jonx
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #796 on: October 15, 2006, 08:30:17 AM »

November 28th? That was my predilection a month ago. It seems I had the right feeling. Cool
if so, they'd better start the promotion very soon. November 28th is in just 6 weeks...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:36:03 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
AtariLegend
« Reply #797 on: October 15, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »

Did "Towers of London" not say they think Nov 20th?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #798 on: October 15, 2006, 10:51:25 AM »

Alright..

I really think there's more to the postponement of the first two dates than meets the eye. The tour now starts in Florida on the 24th of October (which is a Tuesday) - I really think they're going to at least drop the single on the opening night of the tour. It makes perfect sense, launch your new song (at least get it to radio) the day you begin a major U.S. jaunt and debut the new song live (if its not one of the leaks - I still thinks IRS or Better is gonna be the song) the same day that it goes to radio - and drop the album around the time of the MSG show (which is going to be THE gig to see on this tour for more than one reason.)

Just my opinion.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 11:08:38 AM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #799 on: October 15, 2006, 11:03:25 AM »

IMO the important thing is not to announce a release date. The important thing is that the band sticks to it.

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: