Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 151824 times)
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #1020 on: October 16, 2006, 11:11:20 PM »

(sorry for the double post)

Come to think of it, my old best friend (haven't talked to him in years...), his 2 favorite music acts were Gn'R and Jay-Z.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
ExileOnMassSt
Opening Act

It's never too late

« Reply #1021 on: October 16, 2006, 11:14:15 PM »

Let's think about this logically, people!!!  RAP PEOPLE DON'T BUY ROCK ALBUMS!!!  ROCK PEOPLE DON'T BUY RAP ALBUMS!!! (or at least 99% of the time) 
You have to understand that people do listen to different gernes now, and buy cds from all different generes.

You:  0
Spelling:  2

"I could sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating"
- Mike Tyson
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #1022 on: October 16, 2006, 11:19:25 PM »

Let's think about this logically, people!!!? RAP PEOPLE DON'T BUY ROCK ALBUMS!!!? ROCK PEOPLE DON'T BUY RAP ALBUMS!!! (or at least 99% of the time)?
You have to understand that people do listen to different gernes now, and buy cds from all different generes.

You:? 0
Spelling:? 2

Really, now. What the fuck does spelling matter on an Internet message board?

Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #1023 on: October 16, 2006, 11:23:26 PM »

Agreed. But yes, contineu treh thred.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1024 on: October 16, 2006, 11:29:06 PM »

Dudes dudes dudes. Speaking personally, I am a rock n roll loving motherfucker. Love me some GNR and Metallica (and NIN), and Classic Rock. But, I also dig other styles too. I like some hip hop. Always have. Grew up loving Public enemy and NWA. I dig the shit out of the Chronic albums, and I love Cypress Hill. I like Snoops work with Dr. Dre and *ducks for cover* I even think Eminem has some cool tracks. Now personally, I think Jay-Z sucks. Not in a Justin Timberlake way...but in a P-Diddy way. Shit the dude is Banging Beyonce though...so the dude gets some mad respect for that alone. I just don't like his powder puff safe as shit music. Dr. Dre owns his dumb ass musically in every conceivable way.

I understand that it may not look good for GNR if they don't place in the number one position for the short tern effect. But that is all it is. Short term. If the GNR album is masterpiece...it really doesn't matter. You all must see that don't you? In the long run...if CD is brilliant, that is all anyway needs to know or cares about. Look at it this way. If CD is as fucking awesome as I think it will be, but comes in second in sales for its first week or two, is that better or worse then VR who came in number one with their average and mostly forgettable album? Besides in the weeks following it, and word of mouth or whatever...will anyone remember or give a fuck?

Best example. The Empire Strikes Back made less money then Home Alone. Again...who gives a fuck...Empire spanks the shit out of bitches. It will be remembered and loved for many generations from now. You think Home Alone and Jay-Z will? Case closed you short term thinking motherfuckers.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #1025 on: October 16, 2006, 11:36:07 PM »

You think Home Alone and Jay-Z will? Case closed you short term thinking motherfuckers.

Considering Jay-Z is considered one of the best rappers ever, yeah, he'll be remembered.

theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1026 on: October 16, 2006, 11:36:48 PM »

"Chinese Democracy" has no chance where the "devil sleeps" of being #1 on the USA Billboard album charts now ?no no chance ?rant
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1027 on: October 16, 2006, 11:37:16 PM »

"Chinese Democracy" has no chance where the "devil sleeps" of being #1 on the USA Billboard album charts now ?no no chance ?rant
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1028 on: October 16, 2006, 11:39:32 PM »

Who gives a crap.

Just release the fucker.................. Cool
flickn
« Reply #1029 on: October 16, 2006, 11:43:18 PM »

If aXL was soooo worried about putting a number 1 album out , he would have did it years ago with the orginal Line up minus steven and izzy . He knows he can not compete, and he better not hope any other bands ?such as but not limited to ...Metallica.... pops a album out in november

....I have seen weirder things happen

HE just has to ride this thing no matter where it takes him .....is Shaquille oneal really gonna be a guest singer on it ?
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #1030 on: October 16, 2006, 11:43:39 PM »

How many times do I have to say that Jay-Z is NOT competition for Guns N' Roses.

I don't think it's so much a competition between the two genres like you're getting at (of course rock fans won't be rushing to buy a rap album over a rock one), but more to the point that there are more people in the general public who would possibly buy a Jay-Z album than a new GN'R album, hence keeping CD from entering the number 1 spot in the general top 40 charts. Which would be pretty disappointing.

I don't really think GNR is worried about making #1 on the charts.  Jay-Z might be worried about it, though.  ok

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
flickn
« Reply #1031 on: October 16, 2006, 11:45:22 PM »

How many times do I have to say that Jay-Z is NOT competition for Guns N' Roses.

I don't think it's so much a competition between the two genres like you're getting at (of course rock fans won't be rushing to buy a rap album over a rock one), but more to the point that there are more people in the general public who would possibly buy a Jay-Z album than a new GN'R album, hence keeping CD from entering the number 1 spot in the general top 40 charts. Which would be pretty disappointing.

I don't really think GNR is worried about making #1 on the charts.? Jay-Z might be worried about it, though.? ok

NOT REALLY HE OWNS A nba BASKETBALL TEAM , and Rockerfeller records JAY _ZEE is stacked man stacked !!!
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #1032 on: October 16, 2006, 11:48:01 PM »

Yea, but that's all most rappers are worried about....gettin' da numba wun spot....

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1033 on: October 16, 2006, 11:50:00 PM »

I have reason to believe that SOME KIND of annoucement will be made regarding the CD...or what the plan is going to be.  I hope I'm right on this, but this is the day before the first show of the tour.  I believe the record company/website will give us some kind of insight on how the record will be put forth to the public. 
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #1034 on: October 16, 2006, 11:51:29 PM »

I have reason to believe that SOME KIND of annoucement will be made regarding the CD...or what the plan is going to be.? I hope I'm right on this, but this is the day before the first show of the tour.? I believe the record company/website will give us some kind of insight on how the record will be put forth to the public.?
Is your reason to believe a gut feeling, or something you heard from somewhere?

Raven
EFISH
« Reply #1035 on: October 16, 2006, 11:51:57 PM »

Is your reason to believe a gut feeling, or something you heard from somewhere?

Raven

Seconded.  Cheesy
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1036 on: October 16, 2006, 11:52:42 PM »

Someone's gonna have to bite the bullet. There's at least one pretty big release a week from now 'til next year. I'm pretty confident that GNR will top the charts no matter who they're up against, as long as they have a single and decent promotion...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1037 on: October 16, 2006, 11:53:40 PM »

as long as they have a single and decent promotion...

Yeah, well.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1038 on: October 16, 2006, 11:59:21 PM »

You think Home Alone and Jay-Z will? Case closed you short term thinking motherfuckers.

Considering Jay-Z is considered one of the best rappers ever, yeah, he'll be remembered.

Bullshit. He has never been on the level of a Dr. Dre (and his crew) and NWA, Grandmaster Flash, Public Enemy, Tupac, or Biggie. Best rappers ever? Not fucking close. There are at least a dozen more talented then him. What a joke. You gonna tell me Warrant is one of the best rock bands ever next. Its just as silly.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1039 on: October 16, 2006, 11:59:39 PM »

Don't know if its factual..you can merge this thread with something else if you want, but someone imed  me (who has predicted stuff before) saying that something is going down that day/week.  They said NEXT MONDAY specifically.  I asked its not more tour announcements/etc. right?  They replied no its album news.  So I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: