Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 02:56:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228132 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 152072 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1000 on: October 16, 2006, 10:18:24 PM »

I beleive more people care about Axl Rose's comeback then Jay-Z's "comeback"

hihi hihi hihi

Comedy Central should buy MTV. The ratings will go through the roof Grin Grin Grin

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1001 on: October 16, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

The new Jay-Z video is airing tonight, just to let you know.
where can i see this 'J to da z', video?  Embarrassed
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #1002 on: October 16, 2006, 10:22:12 PM »

I'm just hoping the single drops tomorrow so we can pencil in Nov. 28 for the CD..............hoping

age 37....volume always at 10
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #1003 on: October 16, 2006, 10:22:26 PM »

Just played it, on Monday Night Football. Jay-Z knows what real promotion is about. Yet us diehard GNR fans are left to speculate, guess and hang on Jarmo's every cryptic word. GNR's handling this "comeback" like total amateurs. rant

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1004 on: October 16, 2006, 10:23:40 PM »

So let all the white boy posuers buy the Jaz-Z album.

This is a stupid comment!   Cheesy
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1005 on: October 16, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

Incase you people didnt remember, didnt the first GNR/Skid row tour go on for months? without either band having a cd out yet???

idk, but I think axl NEEDS to get iit out during the tour this year, or people wont forgive him..

they forgave him for 2002, but this time if he screws up again, I dont think he can recover...

The American public have not forgivin him for the mess in 2002. Most of the shows are selling poorly. My buddies and I used to be the biggest GN'r fans in the world till 2002 happened. Now i am the only one left. My friends couldnt wait to go to the show in 2002 now they could care less and now my wife is going to go by default because nobody else wants to go.

And Jarmo i dont care what the facts say weve been fooled before.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1006 on: October 16, 2006, 10:24:28 PM »

Just played it, on Monday Night Football. Jay-Z knows what real promotion is about. Yet us diehard GNR fans are left to speculate, guess and hang on Jarmo's every cryptic word. GNR's handling this "comeback" like total amateurs. rant
i guess i'll have to see it on youtube then, yep..
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1007 on: October 16, 2006, 10:25:17 PM »

they need to go platinum just to break even... (considering it costs 13$ per cd, and 13million to make it)

I'm sure they've recouped all the costs from "Greatest Hits", which cost almost nothing to make!
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #1008 on: October 16, 2006, 10:25:59 PM »

Aren't singles usually announced ahead of time?

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #1009 on: October 16, 2006, 10:27:20 PM »

You'd think, wouldn't ya?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1010 on: October 16, 2006, 10:27:47 PM »

You should never use the word 'usually' in the same sentence as 'guns n roses'.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #1011 on: October 16, 2006, 10:28:25 PM »

I doubt we'll get a single tomorrow... I'd love to.. but let's get real...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1012 on: October 16, 2006, 10:30:20 PM »

err, no i think their just sent to radio stations first then dj's are like 'DuDe, We Tota11y G0t the New Guns N Roses Songs, and you can ONLY here them H3R3!'
then they turn out to be the leaked demos  Sad
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1013 on: October 16, 2006, 10:49:25 PM »

How many times do I have to say that Jay-Z is NOT competition for Guns N' Roses.

I don't think it's so much a competition between the two genres like you're getting at (of course rock fans won't be rushing to buy a rap album over a rock one), but more to the point that there are more people in the general public who would possibly buy a Jay-Z album than a new GN'R album, hence keeping CD from entering the number 1 spot in the general top 40 charts. Which would be pretty disappointing.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1014 on: October 16, 2006, 10:53:25 PM »

If I wasn't waiting for someone, i wouldn't waste my time, but this is the dumbest discussion/thread going (and I emphasis going considering it creeps up in every third thread).

How does it honestly affect you personally if this album reaches number #1 or not? ?If it's the number 1 selling album in the country, will it make you like the album more? ?Will it help justify all the frustration and heartache you've put into waiting "patiently" for this album? ?I remember when Live Era was released and too many predicted it landing in the top five in its first week of sales. ?Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it entered the sales chart in the high 20s or low 30s (32 is popping up in my head for some reason). ?Did its lousy sales performance affect your attitude towards the discs? ?I personally loved them and listened to them for a solid year or two. ?Look further to the Greatest Hits album. ?Most people on this board didn't like it (judging from the fan survey, a lot of you didn't even buy it), but it peaked at #3. ?Seems to me sales figures really isn't a huge factor (nor should it be) in making up your mind about a GNR product.

Like the album for what it is, and not for how it does in sales. ?To me, a real fan judges an artist's work based on the effort put forth, and not on everything else you guys seem to put so much importance on (promotion, singles, sales, marketing). ?As I've said before, remember why you got into this band in the first place; I'm betting it was for their business savy.

Cheers,

Andrew

P.S. ?Whoever said that same people don't buy rock and rap albums are out of their fucking minds. ?Not to get into an argument based on relative experiences, but seriously, people's choices in music aren't as segregated as you're saying.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:55:57 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
ExileOnMassSt
Opening Act

It's never too late

« Reply #1015 on: October 16, 2006, 10:57:10 PM »

On top of the world premeire video during halftime of Monday Night Football, they just played Jay-Z's new single in a Budweiser commercial.

They're also airing Playstation 3 commercials, and that comes out November 17th.

"I could sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating"
- Mike Tyson
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #1016 on: October 16, 2006, 10:59:03 PM »

If I wasn't waiting for someone, i wouldn't waste my time, but this is the dumbest discussion/thread going (and I emphasis going considering it creeps up in every third thread).

How does it honestly affect you personally if this album reaches number #1 or not? ?If it's the number 1 selling album in the country, will it make you like the album more? ?Will it help justify all the frustration and heartache you've put into waiting "patiently" for this album? ?I remember when Live Era was released and too many predicted it landing in the top five in its first week of sales. ?Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it entered the sales chart in the high 20s or low 30s (32 is popping up in my head for some reason). ?Did its lousy sales performance affect your attitude towards the discs? ?I personally loved them and listened to them for a solid year or two. ?Look further to the Greatest Hits album. ?Most people on this board didn't like it (judging from the fan survey, a lot of you didn't even buy it), but it peaked at #3. ?Seems to me sales figures really isn't a huge factor (nor should it be) in making up your mind about a GNR product.

Like the album for what it is, and not for how it does in sales. ?To me, a real fan judges an artist's work based on the effort put forth, and not on everything else you guys seem to put so much importance on (promotion, singles, sales, marketing). ?As I've said before, remember why you got into this band in the first place; I'm betting it was for their business savy.

Cheers,

Andrew

P.S. ?Whoever said that same people don't buy rock and rap albums are out of their fucking minds. ?Not to get into an argument based on relative experiences, but seriously, people's choices in music aren't as segregated as you're saying.

I hear ya. It doesn't affect me personally, not at all. But this is GNR. If done right, this CD and comeback should be fucking huge. But they're blowing it. Why does everything have to be so fucking mysterious. If it is indeed coming out this year as Axl has claimed, the ball needs to be rolling now. Sure, they're announcing tour dates, but they did that before. Tours mean nothing.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1017 on: October 16, 2006, 11:03:10 PM »

If that was a dig at me, I didn't mean to generalize, but I was just adding to the point of this topic - how another major release could threaten CD debuting high in the charts. No need to get all defensive about it dude.

As for CD not debuting at number 1. That may not be a big deal for you, me or anyone else who loves the band regardless of sales. But do you honestly think the record label would want to see anything less than a number 1 debut with all the money that's been poured into this project? I think that's a pretty big thing.

It's pretty naive to think that everyone here wouldn't like the album if it didn't chart well. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:05:49 PM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1018 on: October 16, 2006, 11:03:49 PM »

Cheers,

Andrew

I think because peple love gnr so much, they want to see them succeed. ?I love my child (much more than gnr of course), and I want to see him suceed. ?Will I love him less if he doesn't "succeed"? ?Of course not. ?Will I like this album less if it doesn't succeed? Heck no, but I still want it to kick ass commercially.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #1019 on: October 16, 2006, 11:09:21 PM »

Let's think about this logically, people!!!  RAP PEOPLE DON'T BUY ROCK ALBUMS!!!  ROCK PEOPLE DON'T BUY RAP ALBUMS!!! (or at least 99% of the time) 

What is this, 1990? 

You have to understand that people do listen to different gernes now, and buy cds from all different generes.  Just because most "rock people" buy rock cds and most "rap people" buy rap cds doesn't mean it's 99% true.  It's signifigantly less than that.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: