Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:36:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chance of Sell outs?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chance of Sell outs?  (Read 22393 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: October 02, 2006, 12:50:14 AM »

In 2002 a few of the shows like NY, Boston, Philly sold out really fast. This is not true in 2006. I think they need to drop a single to radio really soon to get these ticket sales moving

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 12:52:16 AM »

I think we will find out tomorrow.  I do know that I have tried to get seat tickets to a couple of different shows, and they seem to be sold out.  I can only get GA.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 12:55:06 AM »

I think we will find out tomorrow.? I do know that I have tried to get seat tickets to a couple of different shows, and they seem to be sold out.? I can only get GA.

I am very suprised that Ma and Ny are still not sold out

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
maddog001
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 12:58:48 AM »

Halifax has sold out.  I think it seats around 10,000. 
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 01:00:41 AM »

I think we will find out tomorrow.? I do know that I have tried to get seat tickets to a couple of different shows, and they seem to be sold out.? I can only get GA.

I am very suprised that Ma and Ny are still not sold out

well, they have not papered these shows like they did in 2002. ?Although there are not any papered sell outs, it seems that sales are better than in 2002. ?With the GA floors, these shows are going to be crazy!! Generally, sales are doing better than expected. ?I think the Continental Airlines show (20K) is about sold out. ?I would think the Canandian shows, Naples, MSG, Jacksonville (out of $39.50 seats), and Miami shows are going to be close to selling out shortly. ?
BigDeech
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 01:12:15 AM »

NY is almost sold out. Tickets are pretty expensive, more than 2002. If we had a single or an announcement of an album date NYC would be sold out in seconds.
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 01:39:42 AM »

Continental Airlines Arena is nowhere near sold out,checked a little while ago by selecting 4 tickets and best avail and was getting first level. MSG at the same amount of tickets is bringing up the 300s, if it was anywhere near sold out that amount would not bring up anything or 400s level seats. The 2002 sold out in 15 mins thing was an exagerration, but the show appeared to be sold out that nite, place was filled to the top.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 01:48:21 AM »

Well, none of us on the board are a member of management and we all know through common sense that they needed to release some type of single or release date or something to get some buzz going.

When your press release comes out on Friday afternoon, with no release date and a recycled tour name it gives the few people who have heard about it a "been there done that" type of feel.

I think every fan on this board at this point has to be at a loss for the reason there is an absolute refusal to commit to a date and just announce the thing. The tour starts not too far from now, and to still have nothing new to try and get people interested in seeing the band is just senseless. Makes you wonder who in management is running this ship, and how they can their current course of action is really giving the band its best shot at succeeding.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 01:56:52 AM »

I would honestly be surprised if any of these shows had sold out already. No album, no single, no solid release date, no interviews given, a bare-bones website launched the day before tickets go on sale, and only minimal promotion all add up to a situation where only die-hard gn'r fans will be buying tickets right off the bat. However, there is still time to change this around before the shows occur, so I hope the band corrects all those problems in the coming weeks.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 01:59:14 AM »

In 2002 people honestly believed Guns N' Roses was back and I think so many people walked away disappointed then - with Axl's image, his voice, and the lack of old bandmembers (and new songs).

Apart from die-hard fans, no one knew Axl wasn't going to release the album then - everyone thought it was coming and you'd be surprised how many people believe Axl promised CD in '02. I'm always like, "No, he said soon wasn't the word," but no one ever believes me.

So flash forward four years and the shock of "GN'R being back!" is gone, people remember '02 Axl and a lot of casual fans who might have gone to see them in '02 don't really care. Which is sad, and which will hopefully change when the album drops.

2002 was a massive mistake in that regard. I think Axl was pressured into it by promoters.
GeraldFord
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 01:59:39 AM »

THANK YOU!
By Doug Miller / GunsNRoses.com

Guns N' Roses fans are back, and the band wants to thank them for the tremendous response to the first 24 hours of concert ticket sales. confused

Chief
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 02:04:14 AM »

yeah that is probably exaggerating things which is what promoters usually do.. but i do think that the sales have been better than expected.

i'm hoping in the next few weeks we get a lot more promo and info and even a new single or something huge like that!!!

THANK YOU!
By Doug Miller / GunsNRoses.com

Guns N' Roses fans are back, and the band wants to thank them for the tremendous response to the first 24 hours of concert ticket sales. confused

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 02:39:46 AM »

Hopefully the shows don't sell well right away, so it forces the band into releasing a single, and then finally putting out Chinese Democracy. I think if the shows all sold real well, the band might continue on with "The Greatest Hits Tour" that they've been on.
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 03:07:29 AM »

Just my two cents but with the Continental Arena and MSG shows only 5 days apart one would suspect neither is sold out because they saturated the NY NJ market with having 2 shows closely together.  But then I'm just thinking eventually it'll sell out the arenas but price wise ..is it justifed to pay $89 bucks for a seat in the 200's??

Who'd win 1991 Axl vs 2006 Axl ??
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 04:39:17 AM »

That's another thing i've seen the problem with some long time fans, is the price.

Some people just can't pay $89 bucks a seat. I know that's cheap compared to some, but interest in music isn't what it used to be. At least in the U.S. There's no such thing as selling out stadiums anymore, like there used to be back in GNR's heyday.

Just like with the Florida shows. For the Tampa & Miami/Sunrise shows. Back in 1991, when GNR came to Tampa, they played the Sun Dome. An Arena Football stadium. Now? St. Pete Times Forum, a hockey arena. Miami '91, they played Joe Robbie Stadium/Dolphins Stadium. Now? Wherever the fuck in Sunrise at thay place near the Sawgrass Mall.

Back in the day, I remember people would go without food to get concert tix to see their favorite band. Would wait in line for hours, to get tix. Now? No one cares if it takes more than 5 minutes...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 05:47:08 AM »

well, they have not papered these shows like they did in 2002.  Although there are not any papered sell outs, it seems that sales are better than in 2002.  With the GA floors, these shows are going to be crazy!! Generally, sales are doing better than expected.  I think the Continental Airlines show (20K) is about sold out.  I would think the Canandian shows, Naples, MSG, Jacksonville (out of $39.50 seats), and Miami shows are going to be close to selling out shortly. 
You said that same thing days after the tickets in Sac and Fresno went on sale, and they still aren't even close to selling out. The only thing thats going to sell these tickets is an album, or at least a single. If neither happens, they need to do a mass promotion marketing this as a nostalgia tour.

Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 06:30:09 AM »

If I may recall the price of a ticket..the Guns / Metallica stadium tour in 1992..when it arrived at Giants Stadium it was going for about $45 dollars for the upper deck spots..(ok..maybe $54 with ticketmaster charges).

2002 I think I paid $90 something for a floor seat at MSG and that was with the surcharge.

It's getting pricy out there.but I guess die hards will shell out the money to see their favorite artists...

Who'd win 1991 Axl vs 2006 Axl ??
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 09:02:21 AM »

The Canadian shows will be sellouts or close to it by the time showtime rolls around. Except Winnipeg and Quebec I'm not sure, but the others look strong. Halifax is sold out or just about, Ottawa is very close to sold out, Toronto should be close (I'd say it's the same pace as 2002 and that show had 14,000-15,000 people at it). MSG should fill up. Remember these shows are a month and a half to two months away.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 09:09:22 AM »

I got my tickets for Jacksonville on 9/15 and they still are not sold out. Id estimate judging from the seats that are still avail. 2/3 to 3/4 of the venue is sold. And this is the tour opener!! I figured It would be sold out in days. GNR really needs to have something to promote this time around if they want to fill these venues up faster. Who knows, between now & then maybe we'll see a single??

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 09:14:04 AM »

i'm sure that 90% of shows will be 90% packed.

In 2002 thet said ny show sold out in 10 minutes,but on billboard chart there were 1000 free seats

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: