Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:39:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Star Trek Vs Star Wars
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Trek Vs Star Wars  (Read 9644 times)
AtariLegend
« on: October 14, 2006, 07:56:52 PM »

Star Trek Vs Star Wars

The subject matter is self explanatory.

What do you people think?

For another question:
Who would win in a fight between?Obi Wan and Worf? (Thanks to RubberBullets)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 04:26:31 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
Beowulf
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 08:23:21 PM »

One is for nerds, and the other's for...nerds?

No offense meant to anyone who happens to like either.  peace
AtariLegend
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 08:53:06 PM »

No offense meant to anyone who happens to like either. peace

What's wrong with being a nerd?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:15:24 PM »

Star Search kicks both their asses.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Beowulf
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 10:07:08 PM »

No offense meant to anyone who happens to like either. peace

What's wrong with being a nerd?

Nothing. That was just my way of saying that I don't like either.  hihi
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 10:30:48 PM »

I like them both.  Each has its own appeal.  Star Trek for techology and the future, and Star Wars for science fiction and great story telling.  If I had to choose, it'd definitely be Star Wars, but damn do I like Spock.
kathryn2662
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 10:55:13 PM »

ok seriously, Im obsessed with Star Wars, funny that this topic was started cause Ive been watching star wars everyday for the past weeks.  It's like my alter side.  I dont like star trek at all.

SuperMike
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 08:34:04 PM »

I'm for Star Wars, I've been a fan almost my whole life. I love the characters and the action. When I was a little dude, they were playing Return of the Jedi on TV one day, I used to watch Ewoks all the time and that's what caught my attention. I love them all but my favorite is Empire Strikes Back.

I don't got a problem with Star Trek though, if it weren't for them, there wouldn't be the Halloween movies. That's how they got the idea of Michael Myers' mask, they took a Captin Kirk(played by William Shatner) mask and changed it around.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 05:43:21 AM »

I don't got a problem with Star Trek though, if it weren't for them, there wouldn't be the Halloween movies. That's how they got the idea of Michael Myers' mask, they took a Captin Kirk(played by William Shatner) mask and changed it around.

... No. They were already filming the movie when they needed a mask for the killer, so one of the guys, I forget the precise story, went to joke shop or what-you-will and bought a Kirk mask and then... yeah. The rest is history.  Tongue

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 08:22:50 AM »

the orig starwars trilogy...the new ones suck balls

the only star trek i even remotely cared for was TNG

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 08:31:06 AM »

I like more SW than ST, but basicaly i love both shows  Grin

No man can be my equal
darkmonth
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 08:57:46 AM »

See, I don't think Star Wars is all that great... certainly over hyped.  But Star Trek the Next Generation had some fucking great shows.

Fact is... I'm not a nerd, and I still like some of that stuff.  It's not about being a nerd, or geek or whatever... it's about ... does the show offer good stories and characters? Smiley
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 10:17:55 AM »

None Grin I think Star Treck sucks and is pretty funny (when it's not supposed to be)

and Star Wars is way over rated. Well the episodes N? 1, 2 & 3 anyway. The old ones are classics.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 10:19:53 AM »

and Star Wars is way over rated. Well the episodes N? 1, 2 & 3 anyway. The old ones are classics.

What are you talking about?, the three new movies got pretty much awful reviews across the board.   Undecided

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 10:33:07 AM »

What are you talking about?, the three new movies got pretty much awful reviews across the board.? ?Undecided

Yeah, maybe here, but I mean in general press etc.

They all talk about Lucas like he was some kind of visionary, but The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith ... I don't know, they feel empty. There's nothing there, no script, no passion. And everything looks fake. The third one was a bit darker, but it deserve so much more ...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 10:57:14 AM »

Te first 2 new SWs kinda sucked, but Revenge of the Sith was absolutely brilliant ! Of course, it has its bugs, but so did the old trilogy.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 11:02:20 AM »

What are you talking about?, the three new movies got pretty much awful reviews across the board.   Undecided

Yeah, maybe here, but I mean in general press etc.

They all talk about Lucas like he was some kind of visionary, but The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith ... I don't know, they feel empty. There's nothing there, no script, no passion. And everything looks fake. The third one was a bit darker, but it deserve so much more ...

I'm talking about the general press myself. The papers, magazines and show and the like that actually matter tore Lucas for the final three. Though the third was excellent. And I really enjoyed numbers 1 and 2.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 12:05:24 PM »

Star Wars all the way! Darth Vader has to be the best villain ever, and "Empire Strikes Back" is probably the best sequel ever. I can understand why some people didn't like the first two prequels, but ROTS is a masterpiece. Star Trek is ok too I guess.

This   is   Democracy!!!
darkmonth
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 12:10:16 PM »

... No. They were already filming the movie when they needed a mask for the killer, so one of the guys, I forget the precise story, went to joke shop or what-you-will and bought a Kirk mask and then... yeah. The rest is history.  Tongue

"Due to its shoestring budget, the prop department had to use the cheapest mask that they could find in the costume store: a Captain Kirk (William Shatner) mask. They later spray-painted the face white, teased out the hair, and reshaped the eye holes."

Cheesy
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »

"Due to its shoestring budget, the prop department had to use the cheapest mask that they could find in the costume store: a Captain Kirk (William Shatner) mask. They later spray-painted the face white, teased out the hair, and reshaped the eye holes."

Cheesy

Aye, there you go. There's a documentary about it... well, not about it, but it's mentioned... On the Halloween 20th century DVD release. It's a cracker! I haven't seen it for a while.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: