Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Do we really need Guns N Roses anymore? BBC Radio 6 music Debate...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do we really need Guns N Roses anymore? BBC Radio 6 music Debate...  (Read 6213 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« on: October 13, 2006, 07:26:33 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/music_week/debate.shtml

Go on...

Clicky.
T_Roxie
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 07:30:48 AM »

Negative bastards rant
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 07:43:37 AM »

Im appalled at how many negative comments there are already!!! Every1 get posting!!
Dadud3
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 07:56:18 AM »

Since i don't have the time to register there, im going to say this here.

We really don't need any music, But since we have it, we might as well listen to it.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 07:57:37 AM »

No registration just two boxes to fill... Your name and town.. and your comment!! Come on!!!
T_Roxie
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 07:59:00 AM »

I commented, but no doubt the bbc is probably censoring all the positive ones for their own agenda. no
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 08:03:54 AM »

I commented, but no doubt the bbc is probably censoring all the positive ones for their own agenda. no

I commented too, but I'm suspicious- the comments about Hammersmith were so wide of the mark, it seems as if they didn't wait to talk to anyone after the gig.
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 08:05:41 AM »

There are some really stupid people out there. Positive comment left ok

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 08:15:48 AM »

positive comment from me too  Smiley

anythinggoes
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 08:26:17 AM »

positive comment from me too? Smiley

and where is it?

come to think of it where mine i posted 30 mins ago?

oh i see!

Disclaimer:The BBC will put up as many of your comments as possible but we cannot guarantee that all e-mails will be published. The BBC reserves the right to edit comments that are published.

hmmm yeah right  no
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 08:27:52 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 08:32:13 AM »

Just added this.

Well I was at the Hammersmith gig and yes Guns did arrive "late" but anyone who knows anything about the band knows they dont conform to normality. From the opening wale of Welcome to the Jungle to the final drum beats of Paradise City I was on a Nighttrain of musical brilliance, the new material is stronger than the so called greats "around" which are being plugged to death on national and local radio. I dont like the current music scene its so well dull, where is the danger and controversy. I for one cant wait for the new album, to the guys who said there just a bunch of hired hands, take a look at the work each of the the new band members have been involved in and think again.
The world needs to be shook up, and im glad for Axl's return. In the words of the most enigmatic, mesmerising front man of all time, "Part 2".
CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS 2006.  peace
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 08:38:45 AM »

and where is it?

oh i see!

Disclaimer:The BBC will put up as many of your comments as possible but we cannot guarantee that all e-mails will be published. The BBC reserves the right to edit comments that are published.

hmmm yeah right? no

I didn't see that. So that means that they post only some of the comments. So they might choose the negatives instead of the positives.... yeah right....

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 08:42:03 AM »

even though some of the positive posts arent being posted apparently, its important for you delusional fans to understand that GNR are not the band they once were.  And that is not coming from only me, but plenty of 'average' fans.  They will not rule the rock world as so many of you seem to think. 
makane
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 08:44:38 AM »

and where is it?

oh i see!

hmmm yeah right? no

I didn't see that. So that means that they post only some of the comments. So they might choose the negatives instead of the positives.... yeah right....
You are paranoid.
They have posted positive comments, but the reality just is that people outside the hc-gn'r community despise the new gn'r.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 08:47:44 AM »

I left this:

Guns N Roses and Axl Rose are a unique story and it's VERY easy to pick holes and mock them as they're not a cool band anymore. ?People like it when successful people fail. ?But judging from the leaked demos and live performances I've heard the album is going to be great. ?Forget the 13 years since the last album and the multi million cost (that a paper made up (New York Times?)) and listen to the music when it comes out. ?I think if the same music came out by an unknown band it would be applauded, but the name Guns N Roses is actually a hindrance to Axl sometimes.

It's Probably too long and postive for the fucking BBC
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 08:49:46 AM »

Just posted...Nuno from Portugal. Dont know if they'll accept it

I wrote this:
Guns n Roses are the only chance we have to save the music world today. In a time when rap and hip hop are everywhere, we need music with attitude, with a message, that makes us think and makes us reach to our inner self and make the best of it and the best of us. Axl Rose is without a doubt, one of the most charismatic frontman ever, and one of the best songwriters...just look at estranged, november rain, breakdown (just some examples of songs he wrote all by himself), the new songs we heard from Chinese Democracy maintain that quality...the new line up kicks ass. Of course we all know how good Slash is, but just take a moment and listen to this new guys, they are all great. The new line up is probably better (i sure as hell think so)than the old. I think all of us need the insight and strenght Axl can give Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 08:51:38 AM by Journeyman » Logged

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 08:54:38 AM »

It just shows how other people (non harcore fans) think about GN'R nowadays. It's the same over here (Belgium) and among my friends.

Chinese Democracy will really needs to kick ass before this 'trend' is over. I hope chinese democracy will really do it...but I also doubt it. The Blues, TWAT and Madagascar do'nt sound bad, seems to me the most 'old-GN'R' type of songs but they sound 'dated'. The newer style songs like better, IRS, chinese democracy...to me they are not so good and if the album will have these songs on it I doubt that the album will be a major succes. Off course all hardcore fans will love it anyway but this isn't a 'value measurement' to me. Sorry to spoil the party ?ok

But hey, I can always be wrong (hopefully) ?peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 09:00:33 AM »

positive comment from me too  Smiley

and where is it?

lame!

oh i see!

hmmm yeah right  no

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 09:01:40 AM »

The article to indtroduce the debate is poor and inaccurate. I emailed them to tell them that!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 09:06:33 AM »

This is what I put... no guarantee they'll put it up, though.  The people in charge seem to be intent on only putting up the negative comments....

"Of course the world needs another Guns N' Roses version.  Since Axl started working on Chinese Democracy in 1998, look what's happened.  Bands like Linkin Park and Fall Out Boy have been considered the best american music has to offer.  Or course, bands like Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Velvet Revolver exist, but what music industry needs right now is Axl Rose's unique vision.  The man is the expert at blending the old with the new.  He did it with Appetite For Destruction, and he's going to do it again.
For anyone who doesn't believe me... Axl Rose started writing one of their biggest hits - November Rain - in 1983, and didn't finish it until 1991.  That's just one song... imagine a whole album of songs of that quality (not all of that style, but of that quality).  Imagine how great this album is going to be!"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: