Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Arsenio hall guns n roses (live video)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenio hall guns n roses (live video)  (Read 7266 times)
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 08:16:34 PM »

Wow, I just found the Clip. It's a live satellite transmission from MTV Awards in 1991. From Wembley Stadium, where they used the footage for the Live And Let Die video - which is what they're playing!

37mb, sound isn't stereo, and the picture could've been worse Grin
flickn
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 08:17:44 PM »

Why all the sarcasm in this thread , I know for a fact they played on his show , I was just assking if anybody had any video of it.

But no some people have to reply with " I call axl and ask him",or when you ask them that ask him when CD is coming out.

Which leads to my next piont , why is there no peformance history page here on HTGTH.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 08:33:29 PM »

Why all the sarcasm in this thread , I know for a fact they played on his show , I was just assking if anybody had any video of it.

But no some people have to reply with " I call axl and ask him",or when you ask them that ask him when CD is coming out.

Which leads to my next piont , why is there no peformance history page here on HTGTH.

I'm sorry but when you say, "Can somebody please ask Axl or Merck what the correct date was", how do you expect people not to be sarcastic??

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 08:44:47 PM »

they never played his show, they played the late show, that was before he was the host. but never his show.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 11:01:28 PM »

to the dude who says he knows for a fact they played his show, seriously homes u r dead wrong....they NEVER PLAYED HIS SHOW...THE ONLY TALK SHOW THEY EVER PLAYED WAS THE FOX LATE SHOW HOSTED BY A BLACK DUDE AND IT WASNT ARSENIO HALL!!!!!!!!!
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »

maybe they played my world with arsenio hall  rofl rofl rofl

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 06:38:07 PM »

jaypayton

Were you referring to me?

'Cause I didn't say that they PLAYED on the Arsenio Hall show - I said: I Know for a fact that GN'R was introduced by Arsenio Hall, sometime - and that's a fact!

My connection crashes no matter what I use, so I can't upload it right now, damnit!

I'm not lying, when I say Arsenio introduced GN'R at the MTV VMA:

08.31.91 - Wembley Stadium, London, England
opening acts: Nine Inch Nails, Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Nightrain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, 14 Years, My Michelle, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Paradise City
attendance: 76,000
audio/video recording?: audio, video
notes: Izzy's last show as a band member. Footage of 'Live And Let Die' is used on the '91 MTV Video Music Awards show. Axl dedicates DTJ to Kerrang Magazine. Before YCBM, Axl rhymes, "It ain't no crime to bounce a dime, buy our new single You Could Be Mine." Axl thanks the crowd for helping make the Paradise City video 3 years before at Donington.
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 06:42:51 PM »

To back it up: http://www.answers.com/topic/mtv-video-music-awards
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 06:46:25 PM »

jaypayton

Were you referring to me?

'Cause I didn't say that they PLAYED on the Arsenio Hall show - I said: I Know for a fact that GN'R was introduced by Arsenio Hall, sometime - and that's a fact!

My connection crashes no matter what I use, so I can't upload it right now, damnit!

I'm not lying, when I say Arsenio introduced GN'R at the MTV VMA:

08.31.91 - Wembley Stadium, London, England
opening acts: Nine Inch Nails, Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Nightrain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, 14 Years, My Michelle, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Paradise City
attendance: 76,000
audio/video recording?: audio, video
notes: Izzy's last show as a band member. Footage of 'Live And Let Die' is used on the '91 MTV Video Music Awards show. Axl dedicates DTJ to Kerrang Magazine. Before YCBM, Axl rhymes, "It ain't no crime to bounce a dime, buy our new single You Could Be Mine." Axl thanks the crowd for helping make the Paradise City video 3 years before at Donington.

This isn't in dispute.  He is saying GNR never played the Arsenio Hall Show, not that he never introduced them at the VMAs, totally different things.  I checked episode lists for Arsenio's show and GNR is nowhere to be found.  So can we put this to rest?

They played the Fox Late Show with an unknown at this point host, YouTube links on the previous page.
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 06:47:20 PM »

Wow, found the clip on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRbCeTh1B3g&search=sorum

See! Grin I wasn't lying hihi
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 06:50:02 PM »

Bandita

Riiight Grin it's not in dispute at all ok
speedfreak
Headliner

Ready to crash and burn...I never learn

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2006, 07:08:47 AM »

I know for a fact that Arsenio Hall wrote November Rain and (the first half of) Knockin' On Heaven's Door.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2006, 02:19:15 PM »

I know for a fact that Arsenio Hall wrote November Rain and (the first half of) Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

rofl

Anywho, someone posted this link to Used to Love Her on another forum from the Fox Late Show 3/31/88 and it is much better quality than the one I previously posted-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iCDw3TNV6ps
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: