Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR in Australia in 2007?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR in Australia in 2007?  (Read 4902 times)
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« on: September 15, 2006, 12:17:05 PM »

Hey All,

Just saw Sebastian Bach live in Melbourne Australia. During the show he said something like "I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but you know me, I always say things I shouldn't, but theres a very strong chance we'll be back here this summer with Guns and Fucking Roses" .

Massive roar of approval from the audience too!!

Bring it on for us Aussie Fans I say!!!!!  peace
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 12:19:35 PM »

I think theres is this rumour for quite some time.. They would tour in Australia right after South America (wich I guess it would be in January). Wink

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »

whose summer though?? Uk? America? - Aussie summer starts in Dec doesnt it?

Aus. deserves Guns back in town. ?ok
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »

Aus. deserves Guns back in town. ?ok

well US tour lasts until the end of the year, maybe even to january... then in january there will be some south american shows. so maybe australian shows will be in summer 2007

monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 12:24:23 PM »

Aus. deserves Guns back in town.  ok

Yeah thats exactly what i'm wondering now...was Sebastian just refering to a northern hemispehere summer out of habbit...or is he talking about down here....because if he is....we'll be finding out about it very soon!! He might have ment  Aussie winter I guess...which would make more sence what with the way they advance book tickets, and the amount of international acts playing at the moment....

but either way...i can't wait!!!

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 12:57:48 PM »

i guess they`ll play australia in around march....    i guess that`s summer then...

i don`t think they`ll skip the european festivals in june...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 01:14:08 PM »

i guess they`ll play australia in around march....? ? i guess that`s summer then...

i don`t think they`ll skip the european festivals in june...

yeah and I'll be there...again beer
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:21:55 PM »

If they're touring Australia right after Brazil, then it's our summer - which starts on the 21st December and ends in March, if my memory serves me correctly.
aussiegunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 07:01:44 PM »

GREAT STUFF!!! Am keeping my fingers crossed for this
Ducks
Headliner

Aussie Gunner

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 08:22:44 PM »

Yeah I was there too last night. Great gig Sebastian dominated!

The way he said it, it was as though it would be "soon" not a year from now so it would be our summer or around that time that they'd be coming down.

Man did the crowd go off when he said that!

What a night!

7.6.2006 - London
11.6.2006 - Donington
27.8.2010 - Reading
31.5.2012 - London
17.3.2013 - Melbourne
10.2.2017 - Sydney
14.2.2017 - MCG, Melbourne
3.12.2022 - MCG, Melbourne
17.9.2023 - Atlant
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 08:27:25 PM »

somehow i doubt they'll be there in Decmber, they only start the us tour in late october, so it'll be mid december that hey finish at lest, a couple of weeks to a month off, and into Australia and South America in January/Februarys, so yeah your summer
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 08:30:21 PM »

The way he said it, it was as though it would be "soon" not a year from now so it would be our summer or around that time that they'd be coming down.

What a night!

I know!! The crowd reaction was HUGE....especially as the place had already been going off all night for sebastian already..but the responce was nothing short of amazing! Hope it translates to a great crowd at GNR in early 07 or  whenever it turns out to be then.
Ducks
Headliner

Aussie Gunner

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 09:57:13 PM »

What a night!

I know!! The crowd reaction was HUGE....especially as the place had already been going off all night for sebastian already..but the responce was nothing short of amazing! Hope it translates to a great crowd at GNR in early 07 or  whenever it turns out to be then.

Exactly! The crowd was so loud and into it all night as it was! You could tell by Sebastian's reactions that he couldn't believe how wild everyone was going! Obviously everyone still remembers and loves it so its a great sign for GNR. They'll sell out arenas easily I reckon.

7.6.2006 - London
11.6.2006 - Donington
27.8.2010 - Reading
31.5.2012 - London
17.3.2013 - Melbourne
10.2.2017 - Sydney
17.9.2023 - Atlant
sisterofyu
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 10:06:35 PM »

I hope they also do new zealand Smiley
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »

Exactly! The crowd was so loud and into it all night as it was! You could tell by Sebastian's reactions that he couldn't believe how wild everyone was going! Obviously everyone still remembers and loves it so its a great sign for GNR. They'll sell out arenas easily I reckon.

Yes i'd say so. Although...and i don't say this to make trouble as I love both bands, but it was clear to me a few people around me thought that ment old GNR. Like these 2 guys in front of me were crapping on while i was in the line to get my jacket back from the coatroom about how they thought axl was dead and so on...so they may well be expecting slash and co....

But still...i know down south will give it up for axl anyway...and i'll be there!!!
Ducks
Headliner

Aussie Gunner

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »

Yes i'd say so. Although...and i don't say this to make trouble as I love both bands, but it was clear to me a few people around me thought that ment old GNR. Like these 2 guys in front of me were crapping on while i was in the line to get my jacket back from the coatroom about how they thought axl was dead and so on...so they may well be expecting slash and co....

But still...i know down south will give it up for axl anyway...and i'll be there!!!

Actually it's funny you should say that because I thought the same thing. A few people might've been confused and thought he meant the old band due to their not being much GNR news down our way for years.

Having said that though I was wearing my GNR shirt that I bought when I saw them at the Hammersmith and Donington and a few people asked me if it was a new shirt, if it was Chinese Democracy etc.....
So quite a few were aware of the situation and if CD is actually released soon before they tour here then that would probably take care of the confusion.

7.6.2006 - London
11.6.2006 - Donington
27.8.2010 - Reading
31.5.2012 - London
17.3.2013 - Melbourne
10.2.2017 - Sydney
17.9.2023 - Atlant
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 11:04:29 PM »

GREAT night last night!!!!! I remember after the first song I think it was, Bas looks up, and I saw him go "FUCK" at the reaction of the crowd. Then Metal Mike later on saying we were one of the best audiences they'd ever had. I believed that, even though most artists say that kinda stuff.

And yeah, GREAT news with the upcoming tour. I got the feeling he meant our summer when he said it.
aussiegunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 11:29:32 PM »

Did they (Bach) play Sydney? Damn I didnt even know they were comin i woulda went
Gordi
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 01:49:18 AM »

:peace:Hell yes! I hope this is true!
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 03:23:31 AM »

Did they (Bach) play Sydney? Damn I didnt even know they were comin i woulda went

I'm not sure...if they did its over now though..he was going on about how he wanted to stay and rock out not get on a long plane flight the next day.....

:peace:Hell yes! I hope this is true!

Well its true that he said it...but yeah...i hope it does end up happening!!

To everyone else at the show...were the women he had dancing on stage just from the audience? Pretty Fine!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: