Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 229395 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2005, 08:39:29 AM »

i really like the old aerosmith (sweet emotion, walk this way etc). i already have the big ones cd so i think i have enough of their 80s stuff. i only want to buy one album of their old stuff though cause i aint gotta lot of money to burn. should i buy an old aerosmith album like toys in the attic or get a greatest hits?
Personally i would say buy an old album like Aerosmith or Toys if you wanna get a Greatest Hits get their 1980s one it's got great stuff like Sweet Emotion, Dream On, Back In The Saddle, Same Old Song And Dance etc.  Best place to find recommendations is in the Aerosmith thread.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2005, 03:10:36 PM »

I've gotten into Aerosmith recently and am really starting to like them a lot. They're definitely in my top 20 bands now. Anyways, I bought their debut (Aerosmith) today, and since Steven didn't sing in his trademark high-pitched voice I wondered did he get some sort of training or operation done or if he just decided he prefered singing like that (as there was certain points in some of the songs on the album where he did sing like that) or if his voice just changed naturally. Thanks.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2005, 04:26:12 PM »

Not really sure, but voices definitely change over time.  And Steven's been siging for almost 40 years.  I'm sure any number of things could've happened.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2005, 02:37:01 AM »

Not really sure, but voices definitely change over time.? And Steven's been siging for almost 40 years.? I'm sure any number of things could've happened.
Yeah, like Hetfield's voice changed from a squeal to a growl...

Fuck 'Em All.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:18 AM »

Buy the recent latest hits compilation:  'O Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits'. It's got all their best songs as well as some new ones and bonus tracks.

Fuck 'Em All.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2005, 05:18:13 AM »

this is a great band.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2005, 11:47:35 AM »

AEROSMITH have reportedly set "Rockin' the Joint" as the title of their upcoming live album, tentatively due in October. The CD is believed to have been recorded at The Joint at The Hard Rock in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 11, 2002.

In a recent interview with MTV.com, AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry said that AEROSMITH will likely start rehearsing at the end of August for a fall tour in support of the upcoming live CD and accompanying DVD.

"We don't have that much live stuff out, and one of the things fans have been requesting is a straight live DVD that's a whole concert rather than something cut up with backstage footage," Perry said. "So we're looking at a few shows, some of which are from the last tour, and that's something we'd really like to do."

At this point, AEROSMITH plan to finish the tour, then return to the studio in 2006 to work on the follow-up to last year's blues album, "Honkin' on Bobo". Perry expects the new AEROSMITH record to sound like a hybrid of the loose, freewheeling "Bobo" and 2001's more technical "Just Push Play".

"We have 30 years of playing live together, and that's a real asset," Perry said. "And that's what we drew from on 'Bobo'. We didn't have time to do a full studio record, but we wanted to press the reset button and do something that was less layered and precise. I hope some of that rubs off on our next recording experience so there's still some of that live edge."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2005, 11:06:45 PM »

AEROSMITH have set an October 25 release date for their new live album, "Rockin' the Joint". Recorded on January 11, 2002, the CD/DualDisc features such AEROSMITH classics as "Beyond Beautiful", "S.O.S.", "Light Inside", "Draw the Line", "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", "Rattlesnake Shake" and "Walk This Way". The DVD portion will mix live performances with behind-the-scenes footage.

"When you can play in front of 3,000 fans, it's an opportunity to pull out some of the earlier and more esoteric songs," guitarist Joe Perry said.

AEROSMITH plan to return to arenas for another concert trek this winter. The band will then commence work on the follow-up to last year's blues album, "Honkin' on Bobo". Perry expects the new AEROSMITH record to sound like a hybrid of the loose, freewheeling "Bobo" and 2001's more technical "Just Push Play".

"We have 30 years of playing live together, and that's a real asset," Perry told MTV.com in a recent interview. "And that's what we drew from on 'Bobo'. We didn't have time to do a full studio record, but we wanted to press the reset button and do something that was less layered and precise. I hope some of that rubs off on our next recording experience so there's still some of that live edge."

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2005, 01:13:08 AM »

A Little South of Sanity was released, if memory serves, Oct 26........

Anyway, fuckin' awesome, I'll so be buying it.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2005, 08:50:13 PM »

Aerosmith's best song ever is Dream On. I can't see'em doing a better song..? You gotta Dream On..
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2005, 10:07:13 PM »

IMO their best album is clearly "rocks" it`s a great pure rock n`f`roll album

yea i'd say "Rocks" and "Pump" are their best, i hope they really go back to basics and kick ass on the next album.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2005, 04:12:59 PM »

According to MelodicRock.com, AEROSMITH have finalized the track listing for their upcoming live album, "Rockin' the Joint", due on October 25 via Columbia Records. Recorded on January 11, 2002, the CD/DualDisc will include a DVD portion featuring live performances with behind-the-scenes footage.

"Rockin' the Joint" track listing:

01. Beyond Beautiful
02. Toys In The Attic
03. Love In An Elevator
04. Just Push Play
05. Same Old Song And Dance
06. Jaded
07. Big Ten Inch Record
08. Pink
09. Sick As A Dog
10. Seasons of Wither
11. Light Inside
12. No More, No More
13. Dream On
14. Drop Dead Gorgeous
15. Stop Messin' Around
16. Draw The Line
17. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
18. Cryin'
19. Mother Popcorn
20. Walk This Way
21. Uncle Salty - Sweet Emotion
22. Encore - Rattlesnake Shake
23. Livin' On The Edge
24. What It Takes
25. Train Kept A Rollin'

AEROSMITH plan to return to arenas for another concert trek this winter. The band will then commence work on the follow-up to last year's blues album, "Honkin' on Bobo". Perry expects the new AEROSMITH record to sound like a hybrid of the loose, freewheeling "Bobo" and 2001's more technical "Just Push Play".

"We have 30 years of playing live together, and that's a real asset," Perry told MTV.com in a recent interview. "And that's what we drew from on 'Bobo'. We didn't have time to do a full studio record, but we wanted to press the reset button and do something that was less layered and precise. I hope some of that rubs off on our next recording experience so there's still some of that live edge."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2005, 05:56:03 PM »

According to the SonyMusicStore, AEROSMITH's upcoming live album, "Rockin' the Joint", will be released in two versions: a single-disc version containing just the CD, and the DualDisc version featuring the CD plus the DVD portion.

Recorded live at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas in January 2002, "Rockin' the Joint" gives AEROSMITH fans a snapshot of the band at its fighting best! "Rockin' the Joint" contains 11 smoking tracks covering the band's entire career ranging from the revolutionary "Walk This Way" to the killer chart-topping ballad "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing".

The CD Audio Side of the DualDisc contains the entire album "Rockin' the Joint". The DVD Side of the DualDisc contains four live performances: "Draw the Line", "Sweet Emotion", "Dream On" and "No More No More". Plus you'll also get exclusive behind-the-scenes-footage of the band and the entire album in Enhanced PCM Stereo.

AEROSMITH plan to return to arenas for another concert trek this winter. The band will then commence work on the follow-up to last year's blues album, "Honkin' on Bobo". Guitarist Joe Perry expects the new AEROSMITH record to sound like a hybrid of the loose, freewheeling "Bobo" and 2001's more technical "Just Push Play".

"Rockin' the Joint" is scheduled for release on October 25 via Columbia.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2005, 11:19:24 PM »

So do you think the new Aerosmith album will sound like a hybrid of the loose freewheeling Bobo and 2001's more technical Just Push Play.  Also how long has Aerosmith been playing together?   Grin

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2005, 02:50:09 PM »

Honkin' on Bobo is a piece of shit! What a waste of money.

i disagree, its a great blues album. If blues is what you are looking for then thats the album to go for of the "modern age"

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2005, 03:05:34 PM »

Honkin' on Bobo is a piece of shit! What a waste of money.

i disagree, its a great blues album. If blues is what you are looking for then thats the album to go for of the "modern age"

i thought it was ok...... as a matter of fact i haven't listened to it in a while, have to do that...

I also thought "The Grind" was pretty cool, they managed to avoid the usual sappiness of their recent ballads...

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2005, 11:47:27 PM »

Bobo's their best album in a friggin' while.  I think its their best since Pump.  Its a return to their old sound that's been long overdue.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2005, 01:20:56 PM »

man loved Pump, that album plain fucking rocks out....wicked tunes, love Young Lust, man those were the days.... the recent albums....eh, decent, but Pump was just amazing.... Pump was  one of the first of their albums that i got, then after i listend to it i bought almost all of their other albums and none really compared... Toys In The Attic and Rocks are damn good tho.

purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2005, 03:41:28 PM »

yo im an aerosmith n00b and i was wondering what to get next. i got rocks & toys so far n like em, not so sure about the 80s stuff ive heard (dude looks like a lady, love in an elevator)

thanks

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2005, 04:53:35 PM »

yo im an aerosmith n00b and i was wondering what to get next. i got rocks & toys so far n like em, not so sure about the 80s stuff ive heard (dude looks like a lady, love in an elevator)

thanks

i'd recomend....PUMP!!!!! easily their best 80's album.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: