Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 215854 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2005, 02:37:48 PM »

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has told The Providence Journal that the band will start work on a new studio record in the spring. Ever since the second album of their comeback, 1987's "Permanent Vacation", the band have worked with outside songwriters such as Desmond Child, Diane Warren and Jim Vallance. Perry says he's not sure yet whether that'll happen again, but whatever happens, he's OK.

"It's inspiring. When you bring someone in, they have an idea of what an AEROSMITH song should be, and it's interesting to hear what their interpretation of the AEROSMITH sound is ? whatever that is," he explained. "It's always fun to do.

"We've got piles of stuff ? some of it works and some of it doesn't. . . . It depends on what the vibe is when we start rolling."

AEROSMITH are currently on tour in support of their latest disc, "Rockin' the Joint". Recorded live at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, the new disc has renditions of hits such as "Same Old Song and Dance", "Draw the Line", "Walk This Way" and "Train Kept A-Rollin'" (and the video side of the DualDisc includes the warhorses "Dream On" and "Sweet Emotion"), but the band also rips through such less-known songs as "Beyond Beautiful", from 2001's "Just Push Play" album; "No More No More", from 1975's breakthrough "Toys in the Attic"; and "Seasons of Wither", said to be singer Steven Tyler's favorite AEROSMITH song, from 1974's "Get Your Wings".

"They're all favorites of ours," Perry said of the songs on "Rockin' the Joint".

"At this point," he added, "you have such a backlog of songs that you could almost go out there and play a whole set of 'new material' that you wrote 5 years ago, 8 years ago, 15 years ago. And it's all new stuff because it never really got played live."

The record is taken from one performance, rather than pieced together from many shows on a tour, as most live records are. The Joint, at the Hard Rock Hotel, is much smaller than most of the giant venues AEROSMITH plays, and Perry says that helped.

"You just feel like you can cut loose a little more when you know it's going to be packed," he said. "You give yourself a little more latitude to play the esoteric songs, the so-called album cuts that we don't often play in the big shows. . . .

"We try and represent each record when we're writing up the set list, but on this particular night ? you know you're playing to people who have most of the records."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2005, 04:54:41 PM »

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has told The Providence Journal that the band will start work on a new studio record in the spring. Ever since the second album of their comeback, 1987's "Permanent Vacation", the band have worked with outside songwriters such as Desmond Child, Diane Warren and Jim Vallance. Perry says he's not sure yet whether that'll happen again, but whatever happens, he's OK.

"It's inspiring. When you bring someone in, they have an idea of what an AEROSMITH song should be, and it's interesting to hear what their interpretation of the AEROSMITH sound is ? whatever that is," he explained. "It's always fun to do.

ouch, joe your killing me, i dont absolutey hate the new stuff, and wasnt a HUGe fan of Permanent Vacation, my favorite post comeback album is Pump by far, but please i really hope they stay away from outside writers.... i'm a sucker for a ballad i'll admit it but most of their new ballads have not been good.... i wish they'd just hunker down and make a gritty bluesy rock n roll beast with no outside writing help and some blistering solos!!

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2005, 10:13:14 AM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: AEROSMITH just released a new live album called "Rockin' the Joint", but they've also got a few other projects in mind. Lead guitarist Joe Perry told the Rhode Island newspaper The Providence Journal that the band will start work on a new studio album in the spring, while two other records are in the works ? one is a covers record featuring pop and rock classics from the 1960s, while the other will have them re-recording some of their classic songs. Perry said, "I'm certainly a better guitar player than I was in 1973." There's no word on when any of the albums will be released.

AEROSMITH and LENNY KRAVITZ bring their tour to the Dunkin' Donuts Civic Center in Providence tonight (Monday, November 14).

RichardNixon
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2005, 06:50:45 PM »

OUTSIDER WRITERS KEEP AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just listen to Joe Perry's new CD, he stilll knows how to rock. Just don't have Tyler sing in that bombast, like he has for the past 20 years, and you go a great album.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2005, 09:24:01 PM »

Aerosmith  and Lenny Kravitz , who are in the midst of a late-fall roadtrip, have unveiled their first batch of 2006 concerts
The rockers will get the New Year started with a series of January dates that are currently scheduled to launch Jan. 5 in Orlando, and so far focus on Florida, North Carolina and Texas. Tickets for most of the newly announced shows are scheduled to hit the box office on Saturday (11/19), and those for the remaining pair of shows are scheduled to go on sale Dec. 3. Details are included in the itinerary below.

In an effort to give concertgoers a better view of the shows on the current tour, the band devised a stage set-up that features ramps that lead from the main stage into the middle of venue, according to a press release.

November 2005
16 - Ottawa, Ontario - Corel Centre
18 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre
20 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
23 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
26 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
30 - Albany, NY - Pepsi Arena

December 2005
2 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata Event Center
4 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center
6 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
8 - Winnipeg, Manitoba - MTS Centre
10 - Chicago, IL - United Center
15 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

January 2006
5 - Orlando, FL - TD Waterhouse Centre (on sale 11/19)
12 - Charlotte, NC - New Charlotte Arena (on sale 11/19)
17 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum (on sale 12/3)
19 - Sunrise, FL - BankAtlantic Center (on sale 11/19)
21 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum (on sale 12/3)
23 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center (on sale 11/19)
25 - San Antonio, TX - SBC Center (on sale 11/19)
27 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center (on sale 11/19)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2005, 11:00:08 AM »

AEROSMITH have added a number of dates to their current itinerary. Their schedule is shaping up as follows:

Nov. 18 - Toronto, Canada @ Air Canada Centre
Nov. 20 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide
Nov. 23 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
Nov. 26 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
Nov. 30 - Albany, NY @ Pepsi Arena
Dec. 02 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Borgata Event Center
Dec. 04 - Cleveland, OH @ Wolstein
Dec. 06 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
Dec. 08 - Winnipeg, Canada @ MTS Centre
Dec. 10 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
Dec. 15 - Detriot, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
Dec. 17 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Center
Jan. 05 - Orlando, FL @ TD Waterhouse Center
Jan. 07 - Jacksonville, FL @ Jacksonville Arena
Jan. 12 - Charlotte, NC @ Charlotte Arena
Jan. 15 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
Jan. 17 - Tampa, FL @ St Pete Times Forum
Jan. 19 - Ft Lauderdale, FL @ Bank Atlantic Center
Jan. 21 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum
Jan. 23 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
Jan. 25 - San Antonio, TX @ SBC Center
Jan. 27 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Arena
Jan. 30 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
Feb. 01 - Phoenix, AZ @ Glendale Arena
Feb. 03 - San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion
Feb. 06 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena
Feb. 08 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
Feb. 10 - San Diego, CA @ IpayOne Center
Feb. 13 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden
Feb. 15 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
Feb. 18 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
Feb. 20 - Fresno, CA @ Save Mart Center
Feb. 22 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
Feb. 24 - Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond

As previously reported, AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry told the Rhode Island newspaper The Providence Journal that the band will start work on a new studio album in the spring, while two other records are in the works ? one is a covers record featuring pop and rock classics from the 1960s, while the other will have them re-recording some of their classic songs. Perry said, "I'm certainly a better guitar player than I was in 1973." There's no word on when any of the albums will be released.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2005, 01:40:40 PM »

Wanted to post this fucking kick-ass review cause I wanted to be at this show soo bad

Air Canada Centre, Toronto - November 18, 2005
TORONTO - Rock 'n' roll of all kinds -- blues-soaked, hard, classic, funky, psychedelic, and soulful -- took over the Air Canada Centre last night as Aerosmith and Lenny Kravitz co-headlined a sold-out show in front of 17,000 fans.

The two-for-one nature of the event, both acts could likely fill the hockey arena on their own, wasn't lost on the excitable crowd who slowly trickled in during Kravitz's opening hour-and-five-minute set that kicked off with Where Are We Runnin'?.

It was the second time this year that Kravitz, backed last night by an eight-piece band including a two-man horn section, Cindy Blackman on drums (celebrating her birthday) and Toronto native Craig Ross on guitar, has played our city.

In fact, the singer-guitarist's frenzied solo stop at Massey Hall back in April was one of the concert highlights of the year. "Toronto's always a magical spot for us," said Kravitz, 41, who, despite severely spraining his ankle during just the second show of this fall tour with Aerosmith, was in good physical form. (He's got the cast off and now wears a leg brace underneath his skin-tight jeans.)

"It's so good to see you all this evening. I thank you for coming to check us out. You always give us a really positive, beautiful energy."

The undeniably sexy Kravitz, always a favourite of the ladies, earlier checked out two amorous female fans near the front, who would figure prominently in his set later: "Hello? How are you? Can I sing you a song?"

Still, his injury meant that Kravitz couldn't take full advantage, as he might have, of the two enormous catwalks that stretched out from the stage to encompass the crowd on the floor. However, Kravitz did make full use of one of two ramps that extended to each side of the stage, shaking his bum towards the audience so they could actually touch it, while those two aforementioned female fans were plucked from the audience to gyrate together, Brass Rail-style, on centre stage.

Kravitz would later join them for a Lenny sandwich.

But the real highlight was when Kravitz scrambled off stage during Let Love Rule to high-five, shake hands and hug fans both in the stands and on the floor. He actually climbed on top of a bunch of cases at the back of the floor, stripped off his leather jacket to reveal a T-shirt that said, "Let Love Rule," and whipped the crowd into an even bigger frenzy.

By the time he got back to the stage for the set-ending Are You Gonna Go My Way?, he'd ripped off his shirt to reveal tattoos and piercings aplenty, not to mention a well-defined upper body.

"This is exciting," he said earlier.

You said it Lenny.

Other Kravitz set highlights were the rockers Dig In, Always On The Run, Fly Away and his cover of The Guess Who's American Woman.

Needless to say after that impressive demonstration, Aerosmith -- seasoned performers who have been together for 35 years -- had a lot to live up to. Their stage presentation was much more elaborate than Kravitz's, with plenty of lights, lighting panels, video screens and the one-two punch of 57-year-old frontman Steven Tyler and 55-year-old lead guitarist Joe Perry.

The band, rounded out by drummer Joey Kramer, bassist Tom Hamilton, guitarist Brad Whitford, and a touring keyboardist, hit their stride early. To be more specific: The second, third, fourth and fifth songs were the Aerosmith classics Walk This Way, with both Tyler and Perry taking a stroll down opposing catwalks, Same Old Song And Dance, Cryin', and Living On The Edge.

"1975! Where were you? Maple Leaf Gardens?" asked Tyler playfully, after Living On The Edge.

Despite his advancing years, Tyler seldom stopped moving during Aerosmith's 95-minute set as he prowled the stage and all available catwalks, performing his trademark dance moves, while dragging his microphone stand draped in its trademark scarves. "Oh yeah, I feel real good tonight!" screamed Tyler, before whipping off his black leather jacket and sunglasses to reveal a black tank top and patchwork jeans.

The audience, meanwhile, reached out to him and his backside, in a sea of outstretched arms.

Tyler only left the stage once to let Perry, dressed inexplicably in a puffy shirt and pirate-like boots, take over on lead vocals for one song.

"Canada, you've been so good to us, or should I be more specific and say Toronto?" said Tyler, before the first set highlight Sweet Emotion, which included a crazy guitar solo from Perry.

Aerosmith upped the ante even further during the anthemic Dream On, which saw Tyler, Perry andWhitford leaning together back-to-back on one of the catwalks, as Tyler impressively hit that song's impossibly high notes.

Perry accurately introduced Tyler later as "the demon of screamin'!"

Kravitz, by the way, could be seen on the sidelines throughout the Aerosmith set, arm-in-arm with Blackman, leaving only after Dream On.

Later highlights proved to be the band's cover of the blues classic Baby, Please Don't Go and the incendiary encore song Back In The Saddle, the latter complete with Perry in a black cowboy hat and Tyler waving his microphone stand over his head.

Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2005, 10:56:36 PM »

Ah *@*#*@!!!  I really wanted to see Lenny / Aerosmith in Toronto.  God damn, I am so mad I missed this show.  All tickets were sold out before I was able to buy any via ticket master and eBay was selling seats for an arm and a leg.

Good to hear it was a great show.  Gosh... I would have loved to hear Sweet Emotion and Backi n the Saddle.  Double Arrgh!!!

Did anyone see them in Toronto?  How did you like the concert?

Maybe I will try to live vicariously through ya or something Tongue Smiley 
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #208 on: November 29, 2005, 04:06:26 PM »

Aerosmith  and Lenny Kravitz have rolled out more 2006 tour dates, tickets for most of which will hit the box office this weekend.

November 2005
26 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
30 - Albany, NY - Pepsi Arena

December 2005
2 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata Event Center
4 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center
6 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
8 - Winnipeg, Manitoba - MTS Centre
10 - Chicago, IL - United Center
13 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center
15 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
17 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Center

January 2006
5 - Orlando, FL - TD Waterhouse Centre
7 - Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Arena (on sale 12/3)
12 - Charlotte, NC - New Charlotte Arena
15 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena (on sale 12/3)
17 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum (on sale 12/3)
19 - Sunrise, FL - BankAtlantic Center
21 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum (on sale 12/3)
23 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
25 - San Antonio, TX - SBC Center
27 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
30 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center (on sale 12/3)

February 2006
3 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion (on sale 12/3)
6 - Sacramento, CA - Arco Arena (on sale 12/3)
8 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena (on sale 12/3)

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2005, 04:36:49 PM »

Can I just be controversial for a minute.

I've read on this site for the few years I've been part of it that Aerosmith Rocks is one of the great albums and that is must be owned.  I've had it on my long list of albums to buy for a few years but only recently bought it.  I like Aerosmith and it would be good in my collection generally.

Can I just say I think it's overrated!!  For a start I think Toys In The Attic is a better album, with some much more classic tunes.  Rocks has a few really nice parts, but a great album  Huh

Maybe it was great for its day or something, or I don't like Aerosmith as much as I thought I did.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2005, 04:38:07 PM »

Will they ever tour the UK you think?
Or do they only stick to america?

html sucks
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2005, 04:02:18 AM »

I agree that Toys is a better album, but I don't think Rocks is overrated at all.  I think its right there on that level of Toys.  If Aerosmith never made Rocks, who knows what Slash would've done?  That album inspired him more than any other ever made.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2005, 04:18:41 AM »

I like Toys better, I can't comment on which is musically better, because I wouldn't know. But Toys definately made Rocks sell better. People were excited to see the follow-up. Think of it this way, Toys was followed by the amazing Rocks. Rocks was followed by the horrible Draw the Line.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
anythinggoes
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2005, 04:39:20 AM »

Will they ever tour the UK you think?
Or do they only stick to america?

i wish i knew i went to see them twice in 97 for the Nine Lives Tour and then again in 99 for the Twin Towers Ball at wembley and since then thats it they aint been back  Cry

come back to England Aerosmith we miss you  peace
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2005, 02:39:28 PM »

Whoa, wait a minute...the horrible Draw The Line?  DTL is an excellent album, very underrated.  Maybe you're just not an Aerosmith fan there buddy?  You think Rocks is overrated and Draw The Line is horrible.  I don't think Aerosmith is the band for you.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2005, 03:24:24 AM »

I'm a huge Aerosmith fan, got all their albums. Draw the Line isn't one of their best. They're some good songs, Draw the Line, Kings and Queens...but even by their own admission, Draw the Line is not a good album.

"The Beatles made their White Album, right? Well Draw the Line is our blackout album." Joe Perry

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2005, 02:52:45 PM »

Draw the line isn't as good as toys but it is still a good album
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2005, 02:35:24 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: AEROSMITH is out on the road promoting its new concert album, "Rockin' the Joint (Live At The Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas)". But the group is already thinking about its next studio effort. Guitarist Joe Perry told Launch that things are still in the early stages, but recording could get under way in the spring. "Well, we're just getting the tour up and running and plotting out the next year-and-a-half, and then kind of etching out time when we plan on working on the record ? in the spring, at this point," he said. "Everybody in the band has pieces of music. We just need to get together and assemble it."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2006, 04:07:54 PM »

08-Dec-05
Winnipeg, Canada

Helter Skelter
Walk This Way
Same Old
Cryin'
SOS Too Bad
Edge
Shakin My Cage
Sweet Emotion
Seasons
Miss A Thing
Dream On
Walkin Dog-Last Minute Addition
Baby Please
Train-Slow Train
Encore
Come Together - Last Minute Addition
Draw The Line

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2006, 11:09:46 PM »

Cool set...that's one of my favorite things about Aerosmith, they vary their setlists so much.  I love Motley Crue and all, but they played the same damn set every night for pretty much their entire tour this past year.  With Aerosmith you never know what you're gonna get.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: