Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Darkness
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Darkness  (Read 33091 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2006, 04:27:49 PM »

THE DARKNESS DROPPED BY RECORD LABEL

British rockers THE DARKNESS have been dropped by their record label in the wake of frontman JUSTIN HAWKINS' departure. The I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE star has been clean of cocaine and alcohol for nine weeks after going into rehab in August (06), and decided he just can't live the rock 'n' roll lifestyle any more. Hawkins' former bandmates - including his guitarist brother DAN - plan to continue without him, despite poor sales of second album ONE WAY TICKET TO HELL AND BACK. But Atlantic Records executives have now ditched the depleted Darkness.
It doesn't help the matter when your second album only sells 91,000 in the USA.

With no promotion whatsoever. No music videos were ever shown here from the OTTH .. AB album
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »

The Darkness rules, i love how they have lots of solos and especially loved justin hawkin's voice but now he is gone Sad .  Hopefully their next album is good and maybe they can pull off an AC/DC.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2006, 06:31:42 PM »

I'm afraid their time is done...the odds are certainly against them with Justin gone.   
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2006, 06:32:40 PM »

Justin said he will return, once he feels the time is right

my guess is they'll go on hiatus until that time comes
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2006, 06:35:14 PM »

i like them

I have never seen so many tree
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2006, 06:38:33 PM »

Justin said he will return, once he feels the time is right

my guess is they'll go on hiatus until that time comes

hope so, don't wanna hear another leadsinger no
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2006, 09:29:56 PM »

I liked the band but not Justin's voice.  I'd definately welcome a different singer.  Definately! yes
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2006, 09:33:02 PM »

And I can't see them surviving with another lead singer.  A lot of the novelty and appeal of the band came from Justin.

Just my opinion, of course.   
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2006, 10:10:09 AM »

I like them..but I can't imagine The Darkness with another singer? Undecided ... I think they are cool also for Justin voice and his funny and crazy presence and personality..

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »

He had a good personality but Bazgnr hit the nail on the head with the word "novelty".  That's all they were, but they had the potential to be a very good rock band anyway.  Justin's horrible voice stopped them from becoming that.

Dan is a very good guitarist and they could definately pull off a comeback if they got a really good singer.  It'd be cool if Justin could come back just as a guitarist but that's really, really unlikely.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »

He had a good personality but Bazgnr hit the nail on the head with the word "novelty".  That's all they were, but they had the potential to be a very good rock band anyway.  Justin's horrible voice stopped them from becoming that.

Dan is a very good guitarist and they could definately pull off a comeback if they got a really good singer.  It'd be cool if Justin could come back just as a guitarist but that's really, really unlikely.

Justin's voice is what made the Darkness good, honestly they would have to have a pretty good singer to be able to sound good singing I believe in a thing called love or just about any of their songs.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2006, 07:38:05 PM »

if richie isnt taking over i wounder if we may see a Rockstar:The Darkness haha it may just give dave nivarro more time to say The Panic Channal

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2006, 08:11:44 PM »

if richie isnt taking over i wounder if we may see a Rockstar:The Darkness haha it may just give dave nivarro more time to say The Panic Channal

doubtful, with the Darkness being a real rock band I doubt they would even give a thought to going on that show.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2006, 10:23:24 PM »

I thought I read that the new bassist woud be doing lead vocals.  Again, I can't imagine the band continuing...best of luck to them, but I won't be around for it.  It's like...Guns 'n Roses without Axl  (and I mean that in terms of having a unique voice as the "face" of the band, not in terms of impact, artistic merit, etc.).
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2006, 10:52:27 PM »

I'll still like the Darkness, but it won't be the same if Justin doesn't come back. Theres nothng that is completely set in stone yet, so al we can do is wait and see.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2006, 10:59:22 PM »

i just do not understand how they don't have great sales in the US.  this band should easily have gone atleast double platinum on each of their records.  i know they are a lot bigger in the UK, just like the tea party was really big in Canada and not in the US.  its a shame that north america is so f'd up.   Cry
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #136 on: December 25, 2006, 01:06:52 AM »

i just do not understand how they don't have great sales in the US.  this band should easily have gone atleast double platinum on each of their records.  i know they are a lot bigger in the UK, just like the tea party was really big in Canada and not in the US.  its a shame that north america is so f'd up.   Cry

PTL sold really well in America, but the band didn't tour to promote it after they made it big - they only had a small club tour before it was released

OWTTHAB sold badly in America due to no promotion or airplay on the radio or MTV. Due to these bad sales the record company pulled the plug on a 2006 US tour. Which is retarded, since its the record company's fault it didn't sell in the first place.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #137 on: December 25, 2006, 08:33:25 AM »

i just do not understand how they don't have great sales in the US.? this band should easily have gone atleast double platinum on each of their records.? i know they are a lot bigger in the UK, just like the tea party was really big in Canada and not in the US.? its a shame that north america is so f'd up.? ?Cry

Hey, I totally loved "Permission to Land," but "One Way Ticket" just couldn't compare...
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2006, 01:40:11 AM »

i think one way ticket is just as good as permission to land.  i have gotten to LOVE the song Dinner Lady Arms and i like all the other songs too.  damn still cant believe that justin hawkins left.. i hope he comes back.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2006, 01:58:13 AM »

i think one way ticket is just as good as permission to land.  i have gotten to LOVE the song Dinner Lady Arms and i like all the other songs too.  damn still cant believe that justin hawkins left.. i hope he comes back.

I agree One Way Ticket is a great album, so many great songs. The Darkness wanted their debut album to be like One Way Ticket, but pressures from the record company, and time constraints, caused them to make what would become PTL.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: