Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:19:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson is rehearsing
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson is rehearsing  (Read 4206 times)
parisrocks
« on: October 12, 2006, 12:57:28 AM »

Just got back from the Soul Asylum show @ VooDoo Lounge in K.C.

Dave Pirner said Tommy was busy rehearsing, preventing him from joining SA tonight.

I think this means new songs.

'Bout you?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:59:17 AM »

Sure would hope so.

Either that, or staying fresh for the old songs.  Sad
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 01:00:05 AM »

I wouldn't say it means anything, just that they're rehearsing for the tour which starts a week today. Bumble also confirmed this on the Talking Metal podcast. There's no reason for Tommy to need to be with Soul Asylum anymore now that GN'R is gearing up for their comeback.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:28:08 AM »

They got togther in LA and started rehearsing last weekend. This is no new news.
That does not mean the setlist will change significantly though.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:29:22 AM »

Do they need rehearsing after a long European tour and US warm up shows? I'll admit I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but atleast it could mean new songs are going to be played. Especially if the album is due to be released during the tour.

Perhaps not the right place to ask this, but what the hell. If new songs are to be played from the get-go, how many do you think it would be? I believe 2 or more new songs being played on the first show would strongly indicate an imminent release, unless we already have the date at that point, that is.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Chief
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 01:34:40 AM »

If at the first show we know the release date then who knows how many they'd play but i'm guessing they won't play that much before the album release.  Of course i'd love to have more rather than less but if they're playing new ones then i'd say one or 2.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 01:40:09 AM »

do you people know where is the rehearsal...well of course not the exactly place...but is in axl`s or somewhere else Huh

or they rent some place.....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 01:42:39 AM »

do you people know where is the rehearsal...well of course not the exactly place...but is in axl`s or somewhere else Huh

or they rent some place.....

The studio I would think.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 01:46:24 AM »

They're probably just rehearsing for the NA tour which starts in a week.

Plus, if they do end up adding new songs to the set (whether CD songs, or a couple UYI classics), they might want to get tightened up on those.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 01:55:00 AM »

from Mark Strigl's Rock blog

Interscope wants CD out before Thanksgiving, so I guess I could believe the Rolling Stone blog mention? BUT Jarmo at htgth says NOT TRUE. I guess it makes sense, RS issuly gets stuff wrong. I think we might be looking for a single to hit in early to late November and the full album to follow 2 to 4 weeks after that. The band is back in rehearsal right now - This is FACT. What are they rehearsing?Huh I would guess it is new material. On another note I hope they bring Estrange back into the set. Estrange is like wine? it gets better with age. Dizzy?s solo on that song is so frakking good.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 01:59:23 AM »

Interscope wants CD out before Thanksgiving, so I guess I could believe the Rolling Stone blog mention? BUT Jarmo at htgth says NOT TRUE. I guess it makes sense, RS issuly gets stuff wrong. I think we might be looking for a single to hit in early to late November and the full album to follow 2 to 4 weeks after that. The band is back in rehearsal right now - This is FACT. What are they rehearsing?Huh I would guess it is new material. On another note I hope they bring Estrange back into the set. Estrange is like wine? it gets better with age. Dizzy?s solo on that song is so frakking good.

Who is this guy, and does he know anything? Or does he just know to the innerworkings of the industry and speculating based on experience?

pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 02:01:07 AM »

rehearsing doesn't mean new material. you gotta keep on practicing, no matter how many times you've already played the same song.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 02:08:03 AM »

rehearsing doesn't mean new material. you gotta keep on practicing, no matter how many times you've already played the same song.

Thats bullshit man, I lead play guitar in a band myself and when I have been playing songs for months like guns have in Europe I dont need to play them over again.
Most guns n roses songs I havnt played in a year or so, but i bet that my band could nail them pretty good after one day at rehersal.
Origen
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 02:31:16 AM »

I think just because they are rehearsing it doesn't mean there rehearsing new songs, it's just jumping to conclusions.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 02:40:43 AM »

I think just because they are rehearsing it doesn't mean there rehearsing new songs, it's just jumping to conclusions.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.  Just don't get your hopes up.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 02:49:57 AM »

Your band doesn't play 15,000 people a night.

All bands rehearse constantly, playing the same old songs over and over.  When your charging 100 bucks a ticket you better not be messing up on stage.

Static-X (my other favorite band) rehearses at least 2 weeks straight before every tour (and their songs are 100x more simple than Gn'R).

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 03:05:20 AM »

Thats bullshit man, I lead play guitar in a band myself and when I have been playing songs for months like guns have in Europe I dont need to play them over again.
Most guns n roses songs I havnt played in a year or so, but i bet that my band could nail them pretty good after one day at rehersal.

Not everyone is as good as you..

The truth is that pretty much all bands practice before tours...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
GeraldFord
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 03:09:09 AM »

Who is this guy, and does he know anything? Or does he just know to the innerworkings of the industry and speculating based on experience?

Yeah. who is this guy? And what is Estrange?
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 03:17:56 AM »

Yeah. who is this guy? And what is Estrange?

Mark Strigl is one of the TalkingMetal.com guys

Estrange is Estranged, I guess

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 03:33:14 AM »

In this case, "rehearsing" doesn't just mean playing the same song over and over again. Traditionally, that is what it means, but when you're putting on a spectacular production with a band like GN'R's status, there's more to a show than just knowing the songs you play. There's pyro cues, breaks, solos, interludes, re-arragning songs to freshen them up and so on and so on. I've never played on the same scale as GN'R, but I've been in bands long enough to know this.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: