Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who was the most important member in Guns besides Axl?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who was the most important member in Guns besides Axl?  (Read 14743 times)
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« on: October 11, 2006, 02:52:13 AM »

i know most of you will say slash, blah,blah blah, BUT i think Izzy was the most important member in Guns besides Axl.
what do you all think?
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 02:58:35 AM »

agree!!!

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 03:01:12 AM »

i'd say Izzy too, but i know we are a minority here.
Izzy is not just a guitar player but also a great songwriter.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 03:03:34 AM »

I think, we don't know enough of the inner dynamics of the band.

Restraint is for suckers.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 03:08:46 AM »

If Slash really did come up with all those great guitar licks and solos, then he'd definitely be ahead of Izzy on my list. Slash's intro to SCOM is probably more well-known in the music world than even Axl's signature voice.
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 03:18:23 AM »

What a question.  Of course it's Slash.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 03:23:01 AM »

it was on izzy's ideas that slash and axl were able to project themselves.....duff and steven helped to make inmortal.

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 03:25:12 AM »

Pitman
TheMole
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 03:26:45 AM »

Pitman

Pitman left?Huh Shocked
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 03:30:44 AM »

Yeah, he left multiple times, thats why CD is taking so long... no pitman, no album.
TheMole
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 03:32:06 AM »

Damn, if that's true, I'm torn... I mean, I would like to see an album eventually, but no pitman... sounds sooo tempting...
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 03:36:03 AM »

Its a ridiculous debate.. whose more important .. Izzy or slash... Slash single handled invented 90% of the solos and riffs which defined GnR. Jeez, people only say Izzy is better than slash to try and sound cool.. like they know something we all dont.

Compare Izzys solo stuff to slashs... Nuff said!!!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 03:38:37 AM »

Its a ridiculous debate.. whose more important .. Izzy or slash... Slash single handled invented 90% of the solos and riffs which defined GnR. Jeez, people only say Izzy is better than slash to try and sound cool.. like they know something we all dont.

Izzy helped write some great stuff for GN'R, but I agree about Slash creating so many memorable riffs and solos. Like I said before, the intro to SCOM is more recognizable amongst the general music audience than Axl's voice (and that IS saying something because Axl has a very distinctive voice).
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 03:40:02 AM »

guitar players are a dime a dozen compaired to good song writters like izzy.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 03:43:24 AM »

OK, I'm really tired from staying up too late. But I think I'm still coherent enough to recognize an idiotic statement when I see one. The above quote certainly qualifies as an idiotic statement. Slash a "dime a dozen" guitar player? ROFLMFAO!
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 03:48:10 AM »

OK, I'm really tired from staying up too late. But I think I'm still coherent enough to recognize an idiotic statement when I see one. The above quote certainly qualifies as an idiotic statement. Slash a "dime a dozen" guitar player? ROFLMFAO!
you don't think guns  could cut without slash? well i think they could of had mick mars on guitar and still of sold the same amount of albums, thats just my opion though.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 03:56:12 AM »

mick mars interesting......izzy was to gnr what nikki sixx to the crue..

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 03:58:06 AM »

mick mars interesting......izzy was to gnr what nikki sixx to the crue..
yeap i agree.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 03:58:25 AM »

you don't think guns  could cut without slash? well i think they could of had mick mars on guitar and still of sold the same amount of albums, thats just my opion though.

Wow, just wow. As I said before, go play the opening guitar licks of both SCOM and WTTJ for general music fans and they'll recognize those guitar licks more than they would a sample of Axl's voice. Axl is what made the band DANGEROUS. Slash was the leader in terms of musicianship and whether you like it or not, he came up with some of the best riffs in rock history. It's not as easy as you're making it out to be. To diminish Slash's guitar playing would be the same as attempting to diminish Page's guitar playing for Zeppelin. At least on AFD, Slash's guitar playing is just as important as anything else on the album. Axl had great, grandiose ideas for November Rain and Estranged, for example, without Slash's input. But I think Slash's input definitely had a positive impact on both those songs (the most memorable thing about Estranged is the main riff, and the solo of NR is very memorable as well).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:01:04 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 04:28:37 AM »

Izzy Stradlin, without a second fucking thought.

Without Axl Rose & Izzy Stradlin, Guns N' Roses would not exist. For all of the 'hired Guns', someone had to be there to write the classics both lyrically & instrumentally.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: