Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:53:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR to beat the mighty Oasis and U2?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR to beat the mighty Oasis and U2?  (Read 16951 times)
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 01:12:25 AM »

I think its so sad that jayZ is competition for gnr, how can anyone who actually buys or owns a jayz record show their face in public or even walk donw the street.

As bad as he is, there is even worse garbage in popular music today, namely all the wannabe rappers out there and of course crappy acts like Britney Spears. Mike Jones is one of the only rappers I like nowadays from the new wave of rappers. I do like older rappers like Dr. Dre and Eminem a bit, but the sad fact is garbage like T.I.'s newest song somehow is popular and yet it isn't even catchy at all in my opinion. T.I. had that "24's" song a few years ago and I liked it, but when I saw him play on MTV at the VMA's (while waiting for Axl's appearance of course), there was absolutely nothing catchy about the song he performed.

Jay-Z's new single leaked recently and it's not very catchy in my opinion (nowhere near as cool as "Big Pimpin"). But then again, I can't stand most rap music out there and pop music in general (honestly, the only really popular song that I've liked lately is "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley). Check out Jay-Z's new song at YouTube if you're curious about Guns N' Roses' competition on the charts here at the end of the year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1HGl0N6KRc

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 01:21:33 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 01:45:47 AM »

ive said it before, going up against Jay-Z is a bad idea, its his coming out of retirement album....im not kidding i really dont know if GNR can take him without some serious promotion...but even so, rap music is WAYYYYYY bigger than rock music is here in the states, its not that Jay z is better than GNR, but he is definately more popular.....bad idea
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 01:50:10 AM »

oasis is awesome, but a greatest hits cd of theirs will get slaughtered by chinese democracy here in the states....they really arent too popular here in the states, even though they should be cause they are awesome
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 05:24:29 AM »

Well as we've been told the 21st is the wrong Tuesday anyway, I can now see why. With U2, Oasis and Jay Z all that day then GNR as well it'd be tough to win the sales war that week. GNR could sell the most but it's by no means a guarantee. After a week the Oasis and U2 hype will be dieing if they're just GH albums which just leaves Jay Z possibly still as competition, the 28th of Nov or 5th Dec certainly seem better dates if they want CD at number 1.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2006, 06:40:26 AM »

Oasis is shit!

I hate that fucking band, they're a bunch of wannabe's. They think they're bigger or think they are at least as good as the beatles...yeah right. Noel is a fag and makes pussy music.

Fuck'em!!
I even hate to see oasis being mentioned in a GN'R forum....  rant

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2006, 06:49:03 AM »

i think tha main chance of chinese democracy will be people all over the world want to see rock and roll album...
and i'm sure in first two months chinese demcracy will be on the top,

I have never seen so many tree
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 06:58:47 AM »

so if jay-z's new single leaked and his album is out nov. 21, does that mean we won't get a single from cd or the album drops after nov. 21 ?

deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 06:59:46 AM »

Oasis is shit!

I hate that fucking band, they're a bunch of wannabe's. They think they're bigger or think they are at least as good as the beatles...yeah right. Noel is a fag and makes pussy music.

Fuck'em!!
I even hate to see oasis being mentioned in a GN'R forum....? rant

AGREEE ok hihi

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2006, 07:42:27 AM »

Oasis is shit!

Fuck'em!!
I even hate to see oasis being mentioned in a GN'R forum....? rant

AGREEE ok hihi

They aren't that bad, but they owe a lot to the stone roses that are a much better band.  But in your "I must listen to hard rock otherwise people might think I'm gay" sexually confused world you will probably think they're "gay" as well.

LP
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 08:08:24 AM »

November 28th or December 5th sound good to me.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 08:36:38 AM »

jayz will not beat cd. even w/o a promo guns will still sell better then jayz.

crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 08:56:09 AM »

Oasis is shit!

Fuck'em!!
I even hate to see oasis being mentioned in a GN'R forum....  rant

Actually, noel has said he thought they sounded a lot more like slade than the beatles.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 09:55:45 AM »

Whether or not you think Oasis is "shit" or not is irrelevant, it's a matter of what the public will go for.  Roll Eyes
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 10:02:50 AM »

Unless GnR management gets everything together, releases a single, gets a video on mtv mtv2 youtube.com etc..., maybe do an SNL or some live television appearance, has round the clock commercials for the album, it will never beat Jay Z. ?Rap albums by major artists today go platinum immediately, especially someone like Jay z, because you know that he will have all of those thin gs that I said that GnR's management would need to have. ?I think rap is worthless, but tons of the american and global cd buyers think its great. ?The thing people dont realize though is that they do in many ways compete against eachother in America. ?Kids today grow up listening to rap and rock, in many ways the messagesare the same and thats why a guy like Axl liked NWA and other rap. ?yes, Jay z is fake and cannot talk let alone rap and yes he has little to no talent, but the guy throws money around and feels up beyonce in videos, thats pretty cool to a 14 year old kid, just like Slash driving a car off a cliff or Axl getting with stephanie seymour was cool back in 92. ?Not saying Jay z is even in the ballpark or same game as GnR in talent, but in salemanship (especially of himself), right now he is far superior.

Oh and no ones going to buy an Oasis greatest hits album.  I like(d) them, but theyre greatest hits has less appeal in America than a Hasselhoff rap album.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 10:09:21 AM »

Unless GnR management gets everything together, releases a single, gets a video on mtv mtv2 youtube.com etc..., maybe do an SNL or some live television appearance, has round the clock commercials for the album, it will never beat Jay Z.  Rap albums by major artists today go platinum immediately, especially someone like Jay z, because you know that he will have all of those thin gs that I said that GnR's management would need to have.  I think rap is worthless, but tons of the american and global cd buyers think its great.  The thing people dont realize though is that they do in many ways compete against eachother in America.  Kids today grow up listening to rap and rock, in many ways the messagesare the same and thats why a guy like Axl liked NWA and other rap.  yes, Jay z is fake and cannot talk let alone rap and yes he has little to no talent, but the guy throws money around and feels up beyonce in videos, thats pretty cool to a 14 year old kid, just like Slash driving a car off a cliff or Axl getting with stephanie seymour was cool back in 92.  Not saying Jay z is even in the ballpark or same game as GnR in talent, but in salemanship (especially of himself), right now he is far superior.

Oh and no ones going to buy an Oasis greatest hits album.  I like(d) them, but theyre greatest hits has less appeal in America than a Hasselhoff rap album.

Yeah, frankly I'm sick of this "13 Tuesdays left in the year" bullshit. That's a big tease. No other band treats its fans like that. I guess I'm just a bit tired of the "hidden clues" and "round twos" and all that stuff. Just stop trying to be dramatic and give solid information to the people who care: US!
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 10:15:01 AM »

Unless GnR management gets everything together, releases a single, gets a video on mtv mtv2 youtube.com etc..., maybe do an SNL or some live television appearance, has round the clock commercials for the album, it will never beat Jay Z.? Rap albums by major artists today go platinum immediately, especially someone like Jay z, because you know that he will have all of those thin gs that I said that GnR's management would need to have.? I think rap is worthless, but tons of the american and global cd buyers think its great.? The thing people dont realize though is that they do in many ways compete against eachother in America.? Kids today grow up listening to rap and rock, in many ways the messagesare the same and thats why a guy like Axl liked NWA and other rap.? yes, Jay z is fake and cannot talk let alone rap and yes he has little to no talent, but the guy throws money around and feels up beyonce in videos, thats pretty cool to a 14 year old kid, just like Slash driving a car off a cliff or Axl getting with stephanie seymour was cool back in 92.? Not saying Jay z is even in the ballpark or same game as GnR in talent, but in salemanship (especially of himself), right now he is far superior.

Oh and no ones going to buy an Oasis greatest hits album.? I like(d) them, but theyre greatest hits has less appeal in America than a Hasselhoff rap album.

Yeah, frankly I'm sick of this "13 Tuesdays left in the year" bullshit. That's a big tease. No other band treats its fans like that. I guess I'm just a bit tired of the "hidden clues" and "round twos" and all that stuff. Just stop trying to be dramatic and give solid information to the people who care: US!

maybe you're right...someone may actually die of heart attack with all this hidden clues hihi

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2006, 11:17:48 AM »

Whether or not you think Oasis is "shit" or not is irrelevant, it's a matter of what the public will go for.? Roll Eyes

Right but I don't give a shit about what is relevant or not. I just told my opinion about that stupid band.? peace
And to be relevant, I believe people in general are quite smart enough to go for Guns!  ok

But in your "I must listen to hard rock otherwise people might think I'm gay" sexually confused world you will probably think they're "gay" as well.

wrong. My opinion about that stupid band, has nothing to do with that... I listen to all kind of music, not only hard rock! I admit, Rock N' Roll is in my heart and I love this music far more than anything else, but there are other artists out there which play other type of music (rock, dance, whatever...) that I also like very much. So I don't make judgements about people who don't like (hard) rock.
BUT oasis is gay music? hihi
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:20:50 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2006, 11:19:37 AM »

people in other country outside US. much knowin' GNR/Axl/Slash ?than Jayz. even they still not knowin' GN'R still exist and doesn't have a clue what Chinesse Democracy is.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2006, 11:24:44 AM »

who the fuck is jay z?

I have never seen so many tree
makane
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2006, 11:26:33 AM »

Who the fuck cares if Jay-Z beats Guns N' Roses RECORD SALES? Does the music get any better or worse? NO.
I don't know why you people are stressing about how much CD sells.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: